What's the most cringe RP you've ever witnessed?

Valkyr_

2 hours ago, sCrax said:

Of course it exists but you can't compare immigrants that arrived to the US 30 years ago and the ones that came there a week ago. That's why I said fresh off the boat. Especially when they have no valid reason to stay there but somehow obtained a green card. It becomes an anomaly when more than half of the server is made by first generation immigrants that have no valid reason to stay. Most of these characters say that they "just" arrived to the states but attend no school, have no job and no family in the states. Your favorite Eastern European wannabe mobster that just landed and walks around in a tracksuit slinging drugs but somehow owns a 300k car is what I'm talking about. 

Don't even understand what's the appeal behind being an immigrant all your char's life.

My char was born in Mexico but immigrated at a young age, did military service, went through enough hell to get himself citizenship and joined the LSSD, not being a citizen in the US is pretty much a death sentence, no idea what the appeal behind it is, every immigrant that travels to the states for permanent stay know their one objective is to get citizenship, not for these players though apparently 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Santanaa
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Nani mo Iranai said:

5'2 female security guards

They exist. As a person that has laboured as a security agent in a megacity for four years? They exist, in abundance (5'2-5'6... not physically strong). They are also trained in proper de-escalation tactics while having access to certain "tools" to defend themselves, with.

90% of security work involve de-escalation and filing reports (Daily Reports & Incident Reports). Force is rarely used for the average security agent. 

4 minutes ago, DLimit said:

They exist. As a person that has laboured as a security agent in a megacity for four years? They exist, in abundance (5'2-5'6... not physically strong). They are also trained in proper de-escalation tactics while having access to certain "tools" to defend themselves, with.

90% of security work involve de-escalation and filing reports (Daily Reports & Incident Reports). Force is rarely used for the average security agent. 

Alright, you debunked it.

2 hours ago, DLimit said:

I cannot stress enough how much security training is based off of de-escalation. There are certain security companies that will flat out refuse to hire people who have have a physical altercation at a security job. But on this server everyone treats security like 1980's bouncers who just beat people for looking at them funny. 

3 hours ago, Nani mo Iranai said:

5'2 female security guards

2 hours ago, DLimit said:

I think part of the reason that this seems unusual is an issue that plagues roleplay servers in general - woman are taller than average. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of tall girls out there, but at 5'10" the majority stand below me. Overall consensus is around 5'4" in America.

This becomes especially notable when you have females of common Asian ethnicity. From my experience at university, I never had a Hmong, Chinese or Japanese girl stand over me, very few coming close. Once again, doesn't mean they don't exist but it's much less common.

I imagine this is a symptom of guys playing girl characters and likely either a honest mistake or the result of someone wanting to play a 'strong' female character, as well as people from other countries where females may be taller on average. But it causes characters in the less than five-six range to seem shorter by comparison as they are less common.

Edited by Wisci
  • Upvote 1