What's the most cringe RP you've ever witnessed?

Valkyr_

Back in 2018 some mallrat approached my Italian-American character, who she knew was mob affiliated because of his nametag above his head of course, and demanded a sit-down because some guy extorted her or something.

Edited by Chef

Hard one.

In general, the usuals I guess. The racist clichés played by people who looked at 3 sensationalist articles for their sole documentation, the lgbt+ characters that don't have a single shred of lgbt+ knowledge or culture, the weird ERP characters that tell your char they're "a dyke" if they're not interested in their standard-male-with-zero-charisma-and-a-suit, ...

But more specifically, among the top contenders, the 17yo Japanese girl who barely arrived to America and started explaining to everyone how she was in a powerful ninja cult and developed her mental powers because of the abuse. They got banned 24h later, not sure what happened, it will remain a mystery.

Also the guy who blew a fuse and threatened to report me, because I used /vget and the car appeared above his own car. I apologized in /b, he said everything IS TO BE TAKEN IC and wanted to report me for not RP'ing the resulting car accident. I don't know if they actually reported it or not ^^'

Edited by Topinambour
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Jeroen said:

I always tell people to cover their own asses. See me in public? It's logged with chatlogger and shadowplay is enabled. If you see me on-duty in a law enforcement or security scenario, it'll absolutely be recorded.

A tip for shadowplay users with two disks:

- Have the recording disk be different from your OS, and also from your game.

- Don't record on your OS disk, unless you've got an SSD as the OS disk.

For those with an SSD as OS disk:

- Your SSD will probably have a warrany of "5 years or 40 TBW" or "10 years or 40 TBW" or something similar. TBW = "Terabytes written", depending on what your shadowplay quality settings are, you might want to refrain from recording the buffer on the disk.

- You could install the game on an SSD, this'll speed up loading of the game.

- You can configure the buffer to be written on the SSD, and the actual saved recording on a normal HDD.

For those with a NAS such as a Synology, FreeNAS, or any other NAS stack:

- If you configure a share with a letter on Windows you can save your recordings straight to your NAS.

Bulk storage for videos is really cheap nowadays, and 1TB is probably enough for most people on GTA:W. So if you've got €40 or €100 spare I'd highly recommend getting a separate (internal or external) hard drive just for recordings. It can really save your ass.

This is phoneposted so might contain typos.

Just interjecting here, if you set your OBS settings correctly with good quality, you can get 5 minutes replay (or more depending on you) within 100-200mb range and it saves it good.

Recording is usually similiar. I recorded a 41 minute video, 1 gb size.

My replay quality is t hus 1CbDCh1.jpeg

And is 5 minutes at 104mb. So its all depends on how you set it up.

For the topic, people who portray unrealistic chars and act without any fear for their lives.

15 minutes ago, Anders said:

Just interjecting here, if you set your OBS settings correctly with good quality, you can get 5 minutes replay (or more depending on you) within 100-200mb range and it saves it good.

Recording is usually similiar. I recorded a 41 minute video, 1 gb size.

My replay quality is t hus 1CbDCh1.jpeg

And is 5 minutes at 104mb. So its all depends on how you set it up.

For the topic, people who portray unrealistic chars and act without any fear for their lives.

Due to me phoneposting I actually forgot to talk about another subject (related to recordings), that I really wanted to cram in there.

I try to record at 50 Mbps 60fps as to keep as much information as possible. However sometimes you need to share videos.

For this I can highly recommend a free and open source program called HandBrake, https://handbrake.fr/

It allows you to transcode a video in multiple different formats, codecs, sizes, lengths and quality.

I've been using it for the last few years, and I think it's so good and has been so useful that I'm actually going to try and find a way to donate some money to them.

From just earlier. I had a man walk into a 24/7 and went on about how he's a cold blooded killer who could easily kill anyone with one bullet if they ever tried to steal his stuff. Mister American sniper said it's always worth trying to kill people over possessions. Fantastic rp 10/10.