What's the most cringe RP you've ever witnessed?

Valkyr_

On 1/25/2022 at 4:49 AM, orca112 said:

Being in a Law Enforcement Faction, you are facing the possibly worst portrayal of gang bangers and minor characters, let alone the combination of both of what is supposedly a strong roleplay avenue in GTA based roleplay on a regular basis resulting in easily putting the entire scene into one corner of low quality roleplay and lolplayers. It makes the entire thing feel like finding a needle in a pile of shit haystack when looking for decent roleplay given even a semi smart gang banger knows to keep the heat off their area whilst your (M) warlord causes the 14th mass shooting for the same evening.

Same reason to?

29 minutes ago, Wisci said:

I'm going to be really honest. I think people skipping MVA crashes is a minor concern. But by all means if you break the rules and an uninvolved party that witnessed it reports you, they have every right to do so. Just because your rule break has no effect on the player, does not mean you did not break the rules.

Not the topic of discussion here anyway. Just a healthy reminder, I don't feel it's fair to blame anyone for not knowing every example in the rules with how lengthy they've grown. Especially when it was acceptable on other communities.

Reminds me the time I ran over SD guy who popped in on my screen, I said he popped in, he kept Roleplaying so I went with it.

10 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Reminds me the time I ran over SD guy who popped in on my screen, I said he popped in, he kept Roleplaying so I went with it.

Having some form of shadowplay running is always what I'd recommend. If you're okay with continuing the roleplay, great both parties get something to do. Otherwise having video evidence will allow admins to easily let you off the hook, though many people will understand if you pass them the clip without an admin involved.

To get back on track, I think the worst single experience I had was when I was driving through Paleto Bay and a pink Radius pulled out in front of my Yosemite. Another car pinned the right side, believe it was a pink Futo. The occupants stepped out with bats and attempted to rob me. I bunkered in my car and while I was considering a reply they gave up, like the ten seconds I was processing what was going on was stalling or something. I think the hilarity was really the outlandish robbery gear and cars.

I could have simply reversed out, or shot them anyway (though I try to not whip out my CCW unless I have to). Probably would have gone with it if they were actually properly dressed for the occasion and gave me a chance to reply.

Honorable mention goes to the car scene here. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned in detail yet. Not reflective of everyone, but generally 'street racing' involves people driving up and down a road like nutters and ignoring crashes, overuse of radios, driving cars that aren't realistic to age or job entitlement. Characters feel like they're out of an animation, or just don't make a lot of sense in Los Santos like first generation Japanese characters better suited to star in Initial D. As someone who is into cars in real life, I'd love to be able to do things here that would either pose legal risk or are out of my financial ability but the disconnect between my real life experience and what I witness in GTAW always steers me away.

Oh yeah and when you're law enforcement and actually catch someone on motor vehicle contest they often get sour OOC over it. I'm okay with racing but if you take the risk there can be consequences.

Edited by Wisci
3 hours ago, Rumbunctious said:

Lmao. Threatening to report two people who you don’t know and whose RP will never have any effect on you should fall under harassment.

Technically it does: Common Courtesy rules in fact explicitly mention that attempting to influence others by threatening with reports is prohibited.

Problem is, who's gonna be the one to take this serious enough to report it in turn (which it'd need so admins could spot it and take action)?

Not me

3 hours ago, Wisci said:

Having some form of shadowplay running is always what I'd recommend. If you're okay with continuing the roleplay, great both parties get something to do. Otherwise having video evidence will allow admins to easily let you off the hook, though many people will understand if you pass them the clip without an admin involved.

I always tell people to cover their own asses. See me in public? It's logged with chatlogger and shadowplay is enabled. If you see me on-duty in a law enforcement or security scenario, it'll absolutely be recorded.

A tip for shadowplay users with two disks:

- Have the recording disk be different from your OS, and also from your game.

- Don't record on your OS disk, unless you've got an SSD as the OS disk.

For those with an SSD as OS disk:

- Your SSD will probably have a warrany of "5 years or 40 TBW" or "10 years or 40 TBW" or something similar. TBW = "Terabytes written", depending on what your shadowplay quality settings are, you might want to refrain from recording the buffer on the disk.

- You could install the game on an SSD, this'll speed up loading of the game.

- You can configure the buffer to be written on the SSD, and the actual saved recording on a normal HDD.

For those with a NAS such as a Synology, FreeNAS, or any other NAS stack:

- If you configure a share with a letter on Windows you can save your recordings straight to your NAS.

Bulk storage for videos is really cheap nowadays, and 1TB is probably enough for most people on GTA:W. So if you've got €40 or €100 spare I'd highly recommend getting a separate (internal or external) hard drive just for recordings. It can really save your ass.

This is phoneposted so might contain typos.

• Applaud 1
41 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Just because someone did a video YEARS ago doesn't make it any less cringe when characters (esepecially (m's) think any sane women will have an interest in them, let alone hurl abuse your way, rob them or beat them up for having the nerve to reject them. There's no way you'd be able to do this on GTAW without at the very least being jumped. In none of those clips do they hurl abuse at her for ignoring them or rejecting them. It happens irl, but nowhere near as much as it does on GTAW and the disconnect between reality is at times overbearing and most certainly cringe worthy.

Edited by Moonsong