CCW Good Cause Justification

Cypher99

4 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

So military veterans now can’t carry a weapon? Yet a cat wearing vigilante can carry one? Do you realize how little sense that makes? Lol

I am not saying that veterans can't carry a firearm, but if I was a veteran I wouldn't do it. About them cat ears carrying? yeah that was a big problem

7 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

So military veterans can’t carry a weapon? That makes no sense lol.

Outside city limits, they can open carry. Within city limits, open carry isn't allowed, so they have to apply for concealed permits, which aren't handed out to everyone. It's not unrealistic.

Of course, San Andreas, unlike California, weirdly votes for Republicans, so in theory gun laws should be more lax than California. Which they are in some ways, see open carry above. But on the CCW front that won't happen because there's a lot of outrage about PF usage.

Edited by peasoup

Honestly everyone should be made to reapply for their CCW and provide that “good reasoning” case. It’s really not fair that so many are now being held to a different standard than the people who caused the problem. 

4 minutes ago, peasoup said:

Outside city limits, they can open carry. Within city limits, open carry isn't allowed, so they have to apply for concealed permits, which aren't handed out to everyone. It's not unrealistic.

Of course, San Andreas, unlike California, weirdly votes for Republicans, so in theory gun laws should be more lax than California. Which they are in some ways, see open carry above. But on the CCW front that won't happen because there's a lot of outrage about PF usage.

31 minutes ago, BjornV said:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&division=5.&title=4.&part=6.&chapter=4.&article=

These rules exist in real-life as well. Self defense is not a valid reason to obtain a CCW in most counties. Good cause requirements are set by licensing authorities. That means that in one county, it might be harder to get a license than in another.

Our requirements are, in my opinion, a little too strict. But on the other side, in a city that sees as many murders on a single day as the entire US does in a week, everyone's in a constant level of danger. In order to be eligible for a CCW, you have to establish that you're at more risk than the average Joe going about his business.

This is entirely untrue, in almost every civilized country in the world you don’t have to provide a reason outside of self defense to conceal carry, especially in the US.

a background check is conducted and a brief personal history check depending on area

1 minute ago, Thurston Howl said:

This is entirely untrue, in almost every civilized country in the world you don’t have to provide a reason outside of self defense to conceal carry, especially in the US.

a background check is conducted and a brief personal history check depending on area

That is not the law in San Andreas, I think mostly because that's not the law in California, where you do have to provide a reason. Then it's up to the local issuing authority, and in some counties it's especially hard to obtain firearms, in others not so much, it depends.

13 minutes ago, gamerboy said:

no offense my dude but your ooc reasoning for wanting the thing is probably the reason you are getting denied, like you make it sound plausible that you'd actually open fire on people trying to rob you when you're trucking...

Google cases of truckers defending themselves from robberies. You act like this doesn’t happen lol. Again, you expect me to just curl up into a ball? This is the problem, not me wanting to defend myself for a perfectly valid IC reason.

Edited by Cypher99
15 minutes ago, Thurston Howl said:

In order to obtain a CCW permit in California, you also need to provide a good cause for the issuance. It's not just a "simple" background check. You also have to present evidence for the good cause, saying: "I'm scared of Davis gangbangers." is not a good cause.

• Upvote 1