Jump to content

CCW Good Cause Justification


Recommended Posts

As an American there are a lot of that possess guns simply because we can I don't need a reason. God Bless America. #DontThreadOnMe #ComeAndTakeIt

Edited by Power
Link to comment
16 hours ago, DomThomson said:

I find it interesting how every single issue has a topic created about it, IC or OOC. This entire issue is an IC one, that your character got denied from a CCW because the person handling doesn't feel like you're fitting into the clause is completely IC, you going to forums and going out of your way to complain yo hopefully get them to change something is mildly entertaining. How about you try and get change ICly, go to republican senators, ask them to introduce a bill which would intruct FLD to stop enforcing the clause, wouldn't that make it more interesting?

We've tried. LFM will vehemently oocly oppose any attempt at making CCW's easier to obtain.

 

-Republican Senator.

The issue also stems from the fact that here LSPD FLD is the end-all-be-all gods of firearms licensing, when in reality even in California, if you think the issuing authority is shafting you on your license you can appeal it to the courts to get one issued. I don't think FLD (and thus LFM) would support this move either.

Edited by bartman
Link to comment
1 hour ago, bartman said:

We've tried. LFM will vehemently oocly oppose any attempt at making CCW's easier to obtain.

 

-Republican Senator.

The issue also stems from the fact that here LSPD FLD is the end-all-be-all gods of firearms licensing, when in reality even in California, if you think the issuing authority is shafting you on your license you can appeal it to the courts to get one issued. I don't think FLD (and thus LFM) would support this move either.

This.

Link to comment
17 hours ago, DomThomson said:

I find it interesting how every single issue has a topic created about it, IC or OOC. This entire issue is an IC one, that your character got denied from a CCW because the person handling doesn't feel like you're fitting into the clause is completely IC, you going to forums and going out of your way to complain yo hopefully get them to change something is mildly entertaining. How about you try and get change ICly, go to republican senators, ask them to introduce a bill which would intruct FLD to stop enforcing the clause, wouldn't that make it more interesting?

 

It would get OOC blocked by admins instantly lmao

Link to comment

It's sad that we can't fight this thing ICly when it was created on OOC basis in the first place but now we are suffering ICly for OOC reasons. Makes sense right? Not...

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Rasta said:

It's sad that we can't fight this thing ICly when it was created on OOC basis in the first place but now we are suffering ICly for OOC reasons. Makes sense right? Not...

 

Similarly to how IFM wouldn't allow marijuana legalization even though it passed ICly. It's the illusion of separation. OOC factors will likely always play into the legal firearm ownership scheme. There was also the plan to allow civilians with PFs to purchase semi-automatic rifles, similar to real life. However that was OOCly shot down as well after passing IC.

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Rasta said:

It's sad that we can't fight this thing ICly when it was created on OOC basis in the first place but now we are suffering ICly for OOC reasons. Makes sense right? Not...

It was fought IC. I've single-handedly forced pd to actually abide by the IC laws. 

Not to mention cases that forced the senate to amend the SHAFT act. It is fully possible to fight for your 2nd amendment rights via IC means, however I must admit that there's a lot of admin interference involved. Personally I believe you should do it either way, regardless of people attempting to shun you down via OOC means. 

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Not to mention cases that forced the senate to amend the SHAFT act. It is fully possible to fight for your 2nd amendment rights via IC means, however I must admit that there's a lot of admin interference involved. Personally I believe you should do it either way, regardless of people attempting to shun you down via OOC means. 

The second amendment doesn't apply to the server. That's been pretty much noted. As long as we can't buy semi auto rifles - then pretty much every argument for the second amendment goes out the window. And that has nothing to do with IC, that's an OOC decision to not allow it.

 

So fighting IC for gun rights is basically useless.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

The second amendment doesn't apply to the server. That's been pretty much noted. As long as we can't buy semi auto rifles - then pretty much every argument for the second amendment goes out the window. And that has nothing to do with IC, that's an OOC decision to not allow it.

 

So fighting IC for gun rights is basically useless.

Has anybody tried it tho? Get a m4 carbine from a weapon supplier, get arrested with it and go contest it in court. It's compliant with NFA most likely, so one way or another they're in reality legal. I realize that this is some kinda backward logic here but has anybody done that? Like, you simply can't complain about it if you haven't done anything. 

Link to comment
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...