CCW Good Cause Justification

Cypher99

10 minutes ago, sCrax said:

Half of the applicants are 20 y/o truckers with YEARS of military background. They are also a part-time bartender, taxi driver, facebrowser model, racer and garbageman. It's a fun read to see these people get denied and still not see the issue why their application was denied.

13 minutes ago, Trupiano said:

As frustrating as it may be, I'm glad that they've raised the bar for who can get a CCW or not. While I'm no fan of locking things behind applications and requirements, it's a necessary evil in this case.

People have the freedom here to basically create whatever character or story they want to play. The problem with that level of creativity is it's often abused to create a character that covers all the bases or ticks all the boxes. People create backstories to tailor suit their needs/wants. This presents a lot of issues with CCW permits (As we once saw) because people often will add/create parts of their backstory to meet the requirements for a CCW when their RP doesn't actually call for one.

I've seen this mentioned a few times in this thread and while I'd normally agree, it's not the same with CCW's. The only way to resolve the issues was to raise the bar OOCly for acquiring them. Like I stated in my main reply, the majority of the problem stemmed from the people who were crafting part of their backstory to meet the CCW requirements when that part of the backstory 99% of the time isn't even relevant to their RP. You and I might argue someones portrayal of using a CCW was poor, but then they'll come back with half a paragraph from their characters backstory which in their eyes completely justifies the behavior. It's an endlessly larger then you can imagine headache to deal with.

My character is almost in his 30's and yes, had two tours in the military. Perfectly reasonable. I've RP'd it out with great detail. I have not worked any other job than this. I don't own a race car or even multiple cars. I own one car and one small apartment. My app was denied because of the stigma surround the CCW and truckers in general, rather than taking a less biased approach.

If you look at some of the real life examples even within California, as to why a CCW is needed and approved, my IC reasoning was well within limits. A quick look at my UCP at over 600 hours with zero trouble and having never had a character with a gun (legal or otherwise) with literally no OOC issue to be barred from carrying a weapon, I am 100% in belief that the bar is raised too high OOC'ly and punishes people who aren't in the category this rule was aimed at.

Edited by Cypher99
On 1/20/2022 at 7:36 PM, San Airdreas said:

lol they probably never trucked then 😛 i posted this elsewhere on another post https://streamable.com/4fsru4 but this kind of stuff happens to me regularly 

(inb4 "you were caught lacking" while i was literally just driving lmao)

This isn't just a bad robbery... this is bad roleplay and should've been hit with a report and not a 911 call. The guy is in a cab trying to PIT manuever a truck...

1 minute ago, Cypher99 said:

My character is almost in his 30's and yes, had two tours in the military. Perfectly reasonable. I've RP'd it out with great detail. I have not worked any other job than this. I don't own a race car. My app was denied because of the stigma surround the CCW and truckers in general, rather than taking a less biased approach. If you look at some of the real life examples, even within California, as to why a CCW is needed and approved, my IC reasoning was well within limits. A quick look at my UCP at over 600 hours with zero trouble and having never had a character with a gun (legal or otherwise), combined with literally no IC issue to be barred from carrying a weapon, I am 100% in belief that the bar is raised to high and punishes people who aren't in the category this rule was aimed at.

You still don't get it. Being a target of a random robbery is not a GOOD cause for CCW in California. Your life or life of your family members would need to be in imminent danger to establish a good cause. You'd need a proof of this as well. For example documented death threats, stuff like that. Just because you got robbed once doesn't mean you have a good cause for CCW permit. There are only around 100000 permits issued in California right now. It's not easy to get a CCW permit there. PF license should be enough for you since you can store your weapon in your vehicle. If not? Solve the issue ICly and ask your employer to provide proper security for you instead of making up military background shit to justify your request.

23 minutes ago, sCrax said:

You still don't get it. Being a target of a random robbery is not a GOOD cause for CCW in California. Your life or life of your family members would need to be in imminent danger to establish a good cause. You'd need a proof of this as well. For example documented death threats, stuff like that. Just because you got robbed once doesn't mean you have a good cause for CCW permit. There are only around 100000 permits issued in California right now. It's not easy to get a CCW permit there. PF license should be enough for you since you can store your weapon in your vehicle. If not? Solve the issue ICly and ask your employer to provide proper security for you instead of making up military background shit to justify your request.

I get it perfectly. I never said I was robbed just once, first of all. My life has been put in danger more than once. I've been beaten, shot, stabbed. I work the graveyard shift often where no cops are around and often times SAPA and G6 are also not online, so I can not mitigate the threat by calling law enforcement by current standards. We have documented incidents that truckers are being targeted, specifically with regards to the company I work for. So stop with the smug, "you don't get it" nonsense. I know what I'm talking about. I have a CCW where I had to present a good cause case in real life. The good cause law states, "good cause shall exist only if there is convincing evidence of a clear and present danger to life, or of great bodily harm to the applicant".

1) Convincing evidence? Check.

2) Clear and present danger to life? Check.

3) Clear and present great bodily harm to the applicant? Check.

EDIT: Let's also mention there are certain counties in California (Placer County) that accept self-defense/personal protection as a valid good cause reasoning now. So don't hit me with the, "this doesn't happen" stuff either. Plus at the end of the day as @Junx said, we're not California. Stop using that as an excuse.

Edited by Cypher99
6 minutes ago, sCrax said:

Stop basing everything off of California, its a game at the end of the day and every criminal is strapped.

2 hours ago, Junx said:

Stop basing everything off of California, its a game at the end of the day and every criminal is strapped.

Agreed 💯💯💯. If this was real California there wouldn’t be an area in the middle of the city more dangerous than Iraq with 16 years olds toting a gun behind every corner 

CCW permits are literally useless anyway. Get a PF so you can own a shotgun for home defense and call it a day. A CCW permit basically upgrades you from a regular civilian lootbox to a guaranteed golden lootbox. I got a CCW on my civilian administrator last year and it is possibly the most pointless thing I've ever invested in.

Edited by L I C E
6 hours ago, L I C E said:

CCW permits are literally useless anyway. Get a PF so you can own a shotgun for home defense and call it a day. A CCW permit basically upgrades you from a regular civilian lootbox to a guaranteed golden lootbox. I got a CCW on my civilian administrator last year and it is possibly the most pointless thing I've ever invested in.

sounds like you just suck at shooting.

anyway

be6e2e0a0a.png

17 hours ago, Caro_1020 said:

Yeah it’s dumb, mine got accepted at first then it got reviewed by seniors and I got banned for one month. Why a ban? Its like denial=ban doesn’t make any sense. And the application itself was good! I don’t know what was wrong with it, just carry a gun illegally at this point. 

This. Now people are just buying other peoples PFs and carrying them around, good work I guess?

30 minutes ago, bwarp said:

sounds like you just suck at shooting.

anyway

be6e2e0a0a.png

it has nothing to do with how well i shoot, it's just useless. if you don't see the robbery/attack coming, you would have died/got robbed without it anyway. and if you saw it coming, usually you're outnumbered anyway. it's pointless. civilians just don't really need them as much as people make out n that comes from a "civilian" myself.