CCW Good Cause Justification

Cypher99

2 hours ago, Barross said:

we were required to by LFM/SM in order to minimise the supply of weapons into the server, which were getting stolen and giving way to a lot of unrealistic scenarios by CCW carriers.

I mean no offense but this is a huge problem. This sounds like an OOC portrayal issue that deserves harsher punishment rather than punishing people IC’ly by gate keeping access to weapons. If there were unrealistic scenarios, then admins need to punish people for shit role play. Don’t punish players for the shit role play of others. I know that’s not your prevue, I’m just responding to the issue as a whole.  

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Wasloos said:

My character is a Security Officer for SAGOV, lives in Vespucci and gets frequently robbed and his car stolen. I've literally said that in my "good reasoning" and I got told to put my PF weapon into my glovebox... OF THE CAR THAT GETS FREQUENTLY STOLEN?! 

Licensing Officials:

p6O3rqV.gif

As frustrating as it may be, I'm glad that they've raised the bar for who can get a CCW or not. While I'm no fan of locking things behind applications and requirements, it's a necessary evil in this case.

People have the freedom here to basically create whatever character or story they want to play. The problem with that level of creativity is it's often abused to create a character that covers all the bases or ticks all the boxes. People create backstories to tailor suit their needs/wants. This presents a lot of issues with CCW permits (As we once saw) because people often will add/create parts of their backstory to meet the requirements for a CCW when their RP doesn't actually call for one.

2 hours ago, Cypher99 said:

They should be punished OOC'ly for poor portrayal then, rather than everyone getting punished IC'ly for an OOC issue.

I've seen this mentioned a few times in this thread and while I'd normally agree, it's not the same with CCW's. The only way to resolve the issues was to raise the bar OOCly for acquiring them. Like I stated in my main reply, the majority of the problem stemmed from the people who were crafting part of their backstory to meet the CCW requirements when that part of the backstory 99% of the time isn't even relevant to their RP. You and I might argue someones portrayal of using a CCW was poor, but then they'll come back with half a paragraph from their characters backstory which in their eyes completely justifies the behavior. It's an endlessly larger then you can imagine headache to deal with.

3 minutes ago, Trupiano said:

As frustrating as it may be, I'm glad that they've raised the bar for who can get a CCW or not. While I'm no fan of locking things behind applications and requirements, it's a necessary evil in this case.

People have the freedom here to basically create whatever character or story they want to play. The problem with that level of creativity is it's often abused to create a character that covers all the bases or ticks all the boxes. People create backstories to tailor suit their needs/wants. This presents a lot of issues with CCW permits (As we once saw) because people often will add/create parts of their backstory to meet the requirements for a CCW when their RP doesn't actually call for one.

I've seen this mentioned a few times in this thread and while I'd normally agree, it's not the same with CCW's. The only way to resolve the issues was to raise the bar OOCly for acquiring them. Like I stated in my main reply, the majority of the problem stemmed from the people who were crafting part of their backstory to meet the CCW requirements when that part of the backstory 99% of the time isn't even relevant to their RP. You and I might argue someones portrayal of using a CCW was poor, but then they'll come back with half a paragraph from their characters backstory which in their eyes completely justifies the behavior. It's an endlessly larger then you can imagine headache to deal with.

Half of the applicants are 20 y/o truckers with YEARS of military background. They are also a part-time bartender, taxi driver, facebrowser model, racer and garbageman. It's a fun read to see these people get denied and still not see the issue why their application was denied.

Edited by sCrax