A question regarding PC specs

Maximus II

Hey there! In a brief, I have I5 2400 + Radeon HD 6770 + 8gb ddr3 ram so would that be enough to run GTA World on 720p normal-medium settings? I've seen multiple videos on Youtube for people running the game on low settings 1080p and they managed to reach a stable experience 30-50 fps.
unknown.png 
Here is the performance of the game from pc-builds.com.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNYFUyeRrZk - A youtube video of the performance (take into consideration that he is recording with a game recorder and he seemingly had an fps limiter). 

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Maximus II. You should be able to run the game & play it, but, not at any fancy settings & it won't be smooth-smooth, either. For a bit I managed to play the game on a setup similar to that (at least according to UserBenchmark), but the experience wasn't really anything to write home about. Kill all other unneeded processes (and especially if you're using Chrome) as RAGE.MP requires a fair bit of ram and we only have 8GB to play with, get one of those programs that periodically closes all RAM-hogging processes that are not needed, turn the settings down to "Normal" at 720p, and you should be able to squeeze out more than 30FPS.

Still, you can expect some texture loading delay, characters/vehicles appearing a bit later than they should (though that's partly a problem with the RAGE.MP's streamer), and similar, but, in short, you should be able to play the game.

Hi, according to the hardware requirements for GTA V you should be able to run GTA V with minimum settings. As @Brian mentioned, you'll have to focus your PC with GTA V only. 

My best suggestion is to check - you can buy GTA V from the steam store, run a benchmark check and if you're happy with the results or at least they're playable for your standers you can keep it - otherwise; they offer a full refund within four hours of gameplay (You'll receive steam-only funds in this case, which are useable for other games or anything else at steam).

It's also recommended to download PCBenchmark program beforehand, this application will test your hardware - https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/grand-theft-auto-v-system-requirements

@Brian @root I have the epic store version so it's not a big deal for the game. I, somehow, understood that the problem is the ram, would you guys recommend me to upgrade to 10gb ram? Would that give me a better experience?

An update: It tells me that it meets the recommended requirements.
image.png.b6b75448471a1c2788c51bcd3906f0d6.png

Edited by Maximus II

Do keep in mind that GTA:W will run a little worse than normal GTA V, especially when you enter highly populated areas or crowded interiors. So however well you can run normal GTA V, expect it to be a tad bit worse in performance when you play on the server. 

I will say, for reference, the PC i had last year, before i upgraded to a better one, was very similar to yours in specs. Only difference was that I had 16gb of ram. I was easily doing 60 fps on regular GTA V with a graphics mod. But the moment I log in to GTA W, I was dropping down to 30-45 with vanilla game graphics. dropping down to 20-30 the moment I entered any interior. But honestly, it was still very playable and it wasn't a big deal, just as long as I stayed away from crowded nightclubs and large festivals. 

Honestly though, just get the game and test it out for yourself. And side note: These PC spec pages regarding certain games isn't always accurate with their minimum requirements. As an example, Steam, Epic Games, and most places on the internet has a shockingly low 4gb of ram listed as GTA V's minimum requirement. But 4gb ram on GTA V is literally unplayable, I've tried it out myself years ago. It's literally slideshow mode no matter what your settings are. 8gb of ram is bare minimum, but I personally recommend you upgrade to 16 if you want the most optimal experience on the server.

Edited by ScarletRose
2 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Do keep in mind that GTA:W will run a little worse than normal GTA V, especially when you enter highly populated areas or crowded interiors. So however well you can run normal GTA V, expect it to be a tad bit worse in performance when you play on the server. 

I will say, for reference, the PC i had last year, before i upgraded to a better one, was very similar to yours in specs. Only difference was that I had 16gb of ram. I was easily doing 60 fps on regular GTA V with a graphics mod. But the moment I log in to GTA W, I was dropping down to 30-45 with vanilla game graphics. dropping down to 20-30 the moment I entered any interior. But honestly, it was still very playable and it wasn't a big deal, just as long as I stayed away from crowded nightclubs and large festivals. 

Honestly though, just get the game and test it out for yourself. These PC spec pages regarding certain games can only tell you so much information and may not really be accurate.

This.

And on my old setup I ran 8gb of ram, I kept having random crashes from time to time and texture loss which was fixed by adding extra ram. That was like two years ago though, maybe stuff has changed.

4 minutes ago, Pogis said:

This.

And on my old setup I ran 8gb of ram, I kept having random crashes from time to time and texture loss which was fixed by adding extra ram. That was like two years ago though, maybe stuff has changed.

Nope, still the same. The GTA recommended specs are extremely outdated for whatever reason.

If you wanna play GTAW you're gonna 100% need 16gb+ of ram to play smoothly without making driving impossible and crashing after an hour or so. If I'm remembering correctly RAGEMP would use up to 9GB of ram after a decent chunk of time playing because of it's horrible memory leaks.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
3 hours ago, Maximus II said:

@Brian @root I have the epic store version so it's not a big deal for the game. I, somehow, understood that the problem is the ram, would you guys recommend me to upgrade to 10gb ram? Would that give me a better experience?

Ur issue gonna be 8 ram, I'd highly, highly recommend upgrading to 16 ram as soon as possible, as RAGE will chunk yo shit, and eat all of that

4 hours ago, Maximus II said:

I personally wouldn't upgrade to 10GB RAM. Instead I'd go for 16GB, of course, if there are no other things higher on the priority list that your money should go towards instead. Sure, 8GB will meet the requirements and you'll be able to play the game (expect some lag, though), but, you'll get a much better experience with 16GB.

Edited by Brian
  • 2 weeks later...