Jump to content

Players Are Already Skirting Around The New Robbery Rules


Torlo

Recommended Posts

I have also legit never been robbed on this server during 3 years of playing, but I've had one failed robbery attempt where some gonk chased me down while shooting at the same time, then his car got recognized and once he's been told to fuck off out the neighborhood, he then DM'ed me and like five other people at a gas station some time later. He also tried to talk shit in my DMs after his failed attempt and yadda yadda.

Do you know what happened to him? He got banned for some other shit, but I reported him anyways to make sure that he doesn't come back due to admins being very trigger-happy with the unban-gun. He did get unbanned eventually because let's face it, no ban is permanent on this server, unless you're caught being a nonce or something, but he probably came back rehabilitated, and probably had time to think about what he did, since I didn't see any major reports on him since then.

See the pattern here? I took action when I saw truly, magnificently shitty roleplay and the dude got punished accordingly. Something got thrown on top of his ban just in case he'd ever get unbanned, to remind him that he fucked up that one time.

Admins on this server do care but reports take time because everyone, for the most part, has a real job, a family and over all shit to take care of. The new rules are okay, certain things I don't like but for the most part they have prevented what everyone's been complaining about for the longest time ever - shitty roleplayers formed into groups giving you shitty roleplay. If anything else happens that's bad just take my advice for once and report it, it will take you five minutes and you will not only serve justice but also do a favor for the community.

I wish more people in this community would stop being such crybabies, we're a community after all. If you do not want to do something for your own good then think about the fact that it might make it good for the rest of us, and if it takes you a few minutes tops then you might as well do that.

We will all appreciate you putting in work to purge shitty roleplay and it doesn't matter whether we roleplay legal, illegal or neutral.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Just now, Phased said:

As someone who can see historical 911 calls - I can assure you robberies are not a frequent thing on this server - averages out around 3-4 911 calls a day and that includes troll calls, cars being stolen and people getting robbed on day tours of gang neighbourhoods.   If there's evidence of it not being an issue it's usually not an issue.

You cannot call 911 if your phone is taken from you.

 

Link to comment
Just now, Jennie said:

You cannot call 911 if your phone is taken from you.

 

You can have someone call 911, or call them later to report the crime.   A civilian with no ties to any sort of criminal enterprise would call the police as soon as they could.   If everyone is getting robbed and not calling the police as soon as they can it's frankly poor portrayal.

Link to comment

Just wanted to quickly apologize for getting pretty abrasive earlier. 

A big part of why I didn't bother reporting the robberies I've come across, all of which were "dubious" at best, is because of a few reasons... one was mentioned earlier: victim blaming is rampant on the server. When someone says "oh I got robbed", most players on the forum won't ask "oh, what happened?" but "that's because you're a pink hair elegy driving mallrat ccw vigilante!!!!!! your fault!!!". This strongly discourages reporting in general, and is a bit disheartening overall 😕 

 

This might be why quite a few people here got worried when they saw the new robbing rules being partially cancelled. The solution was clearly not going to come from an excessively hostile community, but from a more general/systemic change that Nervous brought, with the new rules. Seeing that in the end those new rules won't apply... it's bound to cause a few worries. Now Keane's message is already a bit reassuring, let's just hope it will be enough to put a stop to that really agressive ambience of "if anything happens to you it's your own fault no matter what happened in reality" 😕 

 

5 minutes ago, Phased said:

As someone who can see historical 911 calls - I can assure you robberies are not a frequent thing on this server

Tbh I have only called 911 on a single of those weird robberies (someone trying to carjack me on the freeway). That said it's in part because the LSPD is lacking investigation tools, severely... with a description of "Some dude in a black car with a mask", they basically can't ever catch whoever did it. That said, it's not the PD's fault, it's really a bigger problem that would deserve its own suggestion ^^' Detectives really need to be given some better investigation tools 😛 

I'd love to see a lot less LSPD clothes/cars added and a lot more tools for them to track down those second-grade criminals. If they got caught as easily as they would IRL, it would help a lot 🙂 

Edited by Topinambour
Link to comment

I have probably 5000+ hours on the server and have been robbed around ten times, each time was either in vespucci or vinewood/rockford. And 9/10 times the roleplay done to takes my items was terrible. I have actually seen people do things like /me takes this persons items etc and its saddening. And reporting a robbery will just lead to even more disappointment hence why no one does it, there is no real cctv, and never witnesses since we don't have the proper population, so it never goes anywhere. Most people who get robbed just shrug it off and move on. You don't get robbed often if you're careful. Don't afk outside.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Tbh I have only called 911 on a single of those weird robberies (someone trying to carjack me on the freeway). That said it's in part because the LSPD is lacking investigation tools, severely... with a description of "Some dude in a black car with a mask", they basically can't ever catch whoever did it. That said, it's not the PD's fault, it's really a bigger problem that would deserve its own suggestion ^^' Detectives really need some better investigation tools 😛 

 

So what you're saying here is that you won't report a crime that occurs because your jaded opinion believes that it won't be resolved and you think that there's no point unless you get what your desired result? Like poor portrayal and unrealistic robberies, no point reporting those because you don't think they would get punished.

 

So basically, when faced with a perceived problem instead of doing anything you should be doing to subvert or correct it, you'd rather go to a forum to complain about it incessantly. Great, glad we figured that out.

Edited by Inked
  • Applaud 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Inked said:

 

So what you're saying here is that you won't report a crime that occurs because your jaded opinion believes that it won't be resolved and you think that there's no point unless you get what your desired result? Like poor portrayal and unrealistic robberies, no point reporting those because you don't think they would get punished.

 

So basically, when faced with a perceived problem instead of doing anything you should be doing to subvert or correct it, you'd rather go to a forum to complain about it incessantly. Great, glad we figured that out.

Like @Satanic Chicken mentioned: it's faster to shrug it off and move on. Most people go with whichever solution is the simplest and fastest, not the most efficient. If opening a report means I'll get called a pink haired bitch mallrat by randos, while not doing anything means I'll "just" have lost a phone and $40, I'll vastly prefer the second alternative. Should the server mentality change, then it will probably shift. For now though... it's really really not worth it. 

(I'd like to note it's the same kind of problem that happens with unreported crime IRL)

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

with a description of "Some dude in a black car with a mask", they basically can't ever catch whoever did it.

That's to be expected. The amount of things police can do increases a lot once you also mention the location for a start, where the car was going, car model, tints, plate, and what the robber was wearing and what they looked like instead of talking about  "some dude" . The majority of calls do not go any further than "my car was stolen" and with that level of description, it's rare that someone would bother to call back.

Link to comment

A few times I've gone out of my way to go "walking" with the sole intention of getting robbed, during this time I had 5000 on me back when it was the cash robbery limit, a pistol and ammo, among a couple of "goods" items of value, why did I do it? to give some illegal characters something to do, often times its hard for them to find a decent target to rob due to the majority of players not sticking around too long in fear of losing a few items that they rarely use anyway, not to mention its far easier for them to get pistols with a PF / CCW license as well as cash too in most cases. Did I get robbed? yep I did, most times it was your typical kidnap robbery which was a shame, but the roleplay wasn't terrible, and it provided roleplay to the server in the end.

What do I often find? that players value items far, far too much, when the focus should be on roleplay.

One of my characters always wears this, as an example, I never remove it from my inventory because I'm not afraid of losing items.

wswFlJ2.png

Edited by Viscaria
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Viscaria said:

A few times I've gone out of my way to go "walking" with the sole intention of getting robbed, during this time I had 5000 on me back when it was the cash robbery limit, a pistol and ammo, among a couple of "goods" items of value, why did I do it? to give some illegal characters something to do, often times its hard for them to find a decent target to rob due to the majority of players not sticking around too long in fear of losing a few items that they rarely use anyway, not to mention its far easier for them to get pistols with a PF / CCW license as well as cash too in most cases. Did I get robbed? yep I did, most times it was your typical kidnap robbery which was a shame, but the roleplay wasn't terrible, and it provided roleplay to the server in the end.

What do I often find? that players value items far, far too much, when the focus should be on roleplay.

One of my characters always wears this, as an example, I never remove it from my inventory because I'm not afraid of losing items.

wswFlJ2.png

 

This juxtaposes itself though because people valuing items far, far too much was why we had such an issue with chain robbing in the first place. I wouldn't mind losing items if they were actually going to be part of RP and not just go to a character with 2 hours who somehow has a handgun they got telepathically. And as my posts keep getting hidden for whatever reason I'll provide evidence to my claims. You cannot report robberies IC or OOC without becoming part of that person's YouTube DM compilation 48 hours later; just the way it was: 

https://streamable.com/lz43a5

 

https://youtu.be/QPpi2enirv0?t=74

 

 

 

Edited by Sush
Link to comment
  • Bospy locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...