Players Are Already Skirting Around The New Robbery Rules

Torlo

3 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

100 players means 1-2 cops to respond to calls, easy to rob with no consequences.

In SAMP RP servers, robbery was "banned" until X amount of cops were online.

The moment problem here is the fact that Bospy more or less said that Illegal faction members can freely rob at any time, anywhere. This more or less disregards the new robbery rules completely. Either that or there was a miscommunication or Bospy did not explain properly.

@Bospy can you please clarify what you meant by that - there's a lot of people taking it out of context and I feel like you clarifying it might stop this.

Edited by Phased
4 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Not to mention robbers their complete lack of fear of.. anything.

My workplace is full of CCTV, audio recording, not to mention within minutes response of the police, given the sensitive nature (Maritime).

But what do I know, I'm just the target they barge right into the workplace without any planning whatsoever.. 🙂 

But they still catch you lacking every time... 

Edited by Nega
5 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Not to mention robbers their complete lack of fear of.. anything.

My workplace is full of CCTV, audio recording, not to mention within minutes response of the police, given the sensitive nature (Maritime).

But what do I know, I'm just the target they barge right into the workplace without any planning whatsoever.. 🙂 

Homie, if you're getting robbed in the same place every day, your character should learn how to lock a door.

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

From a friend in the LSSD discord:

"IFM has essentially said that factions based in areas that have been restricted won't be restricted to the same level, because it makes sense to stop bangers crossing the city to rob on the beach, but it makes sense for gangs in vespucci to rob on the beach or w/e else is relevent for gangs these days.

It definitely makes more sense for a decent number of people who were already roleplaying in these areas."

I fully agree with him and it's clearly what IFM was aiming for.

I don't know if I was just reading the rules wrong, but this makes sense to me tbh

The general experience of the admin team and players that reached out with feedback was that the vast majority of poorly portrayed robberies/robberies just for assets were done by players that were not associated with existing illegal factions. Illegal faction leaders have a responsibility to make sure their members are not only RPing to a good standard, but they are abiding by the rules. Faction members that are involved in situations that are roleplayed badly or end up getting punished are reported to IFM. I'll let the specific process after that point be explained by someone from IFM but the summary is there is additional quality control in place for members of illegal factions. The level of quality control is lower outside of approved factions as it falls back on the rest of the admin team. It can be difficult to track problem players as they frequently go inactive, play on different characters or name change. 

The new rules are strict and they were written that way on purpose. As Bospy stated in his announcement, admins have been instructed on how to enforce it. We can really bring the hammer down on people who are generally out to provide shitty robbery RP. I did the other day when someone got kidnapped from the city and brought out to the county so they could essentially go through a strip search and have literally everything taken from them. The trio of robbers were also planning on driving back to the city to steal from the guy's car. The new rules made it much easier to issue punishments and explain where these players were wrong because it's clearly written in the rules. That's the purpose of this change. Illegal faction members, who in the vast majority of cases have a higher standard of RP, are able to commit crime with less restrictions than these rules impose. Their own restrictions are from their faction leaders and IFM. So if a faction based in Vespucci Beach decides to rob your character on said beach, you're much more likely to have a better RP experience and know that it is being done for RP purposes and not because it's another player or group of players that just want a shootout or guns.

As for how admins determine if people are in factions or not, that can be done with one command. Admins have internal guidelines on what to do in these situations. I'm not in a position to share more information than that publicly. Just know that they're descriptive enough to make the change easy to enforce. If any admin is unsure, they can consult IFM. 

I have to head to work shortly so I won't be responding here until much later. Someone from IFM will likely be responding in the next few hours too to clear up any more questions. Please keep things civil to make it easier for any questions to be cleared up.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

The people robbing you aren't the problem, you're the problem if you're continuously being targeted. If you think the solution is to further limit illegal roleplay when it's already restricted, please remove yourself from this conversation.  I've been on the server (on and off) for two years and have only been robbed at gun point once and that was inside a property where I agreed for them to follow me into the apartment I was entering.

Before anybody decides to come at me, I only roleplay a legal character currently so don't go whinging about me being biased. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Hollywood Boulevard said:

The people robbing you aren't the problem, you're the problem if you're continuously being targeted. If you think the solution is to further limit illegal roleplay when it's already restricted, please remove yourself from this conversation.  I've been on the server (on and off) for two years and have only been robbed at gun point once and that was inside a property where I agreed for them to follow me into the apartment I was entering.

Ah, yes "it never happened to me so it never happens to anyone because I'm the center of the planet". ^^' 

3 minutes ago, Keane said:

The general experience of the admin team and players that reached out with feedback was that the vast majority of poorly portrayed robberies/robberies just for assets were done by players that were not associated with existing illegal factions. Illegal faction leaders have a responsibility to make sure their members are not only RPing to a good standard, but they are abiding by the rules. Faction members that are involved in situations that are roleplayed badly or end up getting punished are reported to IFM. I'll let the specific process after that point be explained by someone from IFM but the summary is there is additional quality control in place for members of illegal factions. The level of quality control is lower outside of approved factions as it falls back on the rest of the admin team. It can be difficult to track problem players as they frequently go inactive, play on different characters or name change. 

The new rules are strict and they were written that way on purpose. As Bospy stated in his announcement, admins have been instructed on how to enforce it. We can really bring the hammer down on people who are generally out to provide shitty robbery RP. I did the other day when someone got kidnapped from the city and brought out to the county so they could essentially go through a strip search and have literally everything taken from them. The trio of robbers were also planning on driving back to the city to steal from the guy's car. The new rules made it much easier to issue punishments and explain where these players were wrong because it's clearly written in the rules. That's the purpose of this change. Illegal faction members, who in the vast majority of cases have a higher standard of RP, are able to commit crime with less restrictions than these rules impose. Their own restrictions are from their faction leaders and IFM. So if a faction based in Vespucci Beach decides to rob your character on said beach, you're much more likely to have a better RP experience and know that it is being done for RP purposes and not because it's another player or group of players that just want a shootout or guns.

As for how admins determine if people are in factions or not, that can be done with one command. Admins have internal guidelines on what to do in these situations. I'm not in a position to share more information than that publicly. Just know that they're descriptive enough to make the change easy to enforce. If any admin is unsure, they can consult IFM. 

I have to head to work shortly so I won't be responding here until much later. Someone from IFM will likely be responding in the next few hours too to clear up any more questions. Please keep things civil to make it easier for any questions to be cleared up.

Thanks for the clarification ^^' From the get-go it looked really weird.

Edited by Topinambour
Just now, Topinambour said:

Ah, yes "it never happened to me so it never happens to anyone because I'm the center of the planet". ^^' 

Please re-read my post, don't exactly know how you've come to that conclusion. You're embarrassing yourself. The lack of participating and / or relevant comments from you really shows a lack of understanding regarding the subject. 

I've been in Los Santos County Sheriff's Department for the entire month of January and I can count the amount of calls we've had regarding robberies on one hand, potentially three fingers. 

Just now, Topinambour said:

Never happened to me either, and the people in the SD discord I asked, the highest number was 5 times in their total time on the server.   If you're getting robbed multiple times a day it's because you're putting yourself into situations where it's likely for no logical reason other than "pesky crimers shouldn't be criming!!!" and you've convinced yourself that you're in the right every time even though you're going to places where people get robbed.   

@Keane put it exceptionally well, most official factions leaderships hold themselves to a far higher standard of roleplay, and that trickles down into gangs.   There are no official factions sending robbery squads to chain-rob people because those chain robberies would get the faction in trouble.   If you're reporting people for bad portrayal while robbing, and they're not getting punished, it's usually because they've not done anything wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Bospy locked this topic