Players Are Already Skirting Around The New Robbery Rules

Torlo

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

I think the new set of rules is aimed at robberies conducted by random groups of friends, which is what they meant probably. 

It can be a good set, if people try to understand, that it technically does not shield them from being robbed or anything.

We must understand that, official factions do not go out robbing people left and right at random. They have a system and I believe, that regarding

the question "If I create a new character and join official faction.....", no I believe, that they are picky about who can join and how.

Also there is one detail, some people seem to be overlooking. Once you are rping in a faction and doing stuff for them, your roleplay represents the faction itself.

No sane leader would just unleash their gangsters and let them run around unchecked.

Lets hope it plays out like this. So far the results are somewhat encouraging, but sometimes the meta takes a little while to adapt.

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

Lets hope it plays out like this. So far the results are somewhat encouraging, but sometimes the meta takes a little while to adapt.

Well lets start with classification. Aiming a gun at someone to frisk their car, is still a robbery. So still within the rules. Same goes for stealing their car, if you forcefully take something from someone. It is a robbery, no matter how you look at it.

4 hours ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Genuinely curious how this is going to be enforced. Since players don't know if a MASK is in a faction or not, admins are bound to get a lot of 'false flag' reports. If someone is reported in-game do admins check their faction status before coming to a decision? What counts as an 'Established Illegal Character'? Can I make a character, join an official faction after a couple hours of play and skirt right around the rules because I now belong to an official faction? It just seems like with all the exceptions made for the recent rule depending on player status, there's going to be alot of cluster-fuckery for admins to sort through.

Yep this was my initial reaction to the new rules. WAY MORE REPORTS.

There's going to be two groups that come from this and neither one is helpful.

1) You're going to get people who report the incident to double check the player(s) were within the rules. This is going to be a lot of work for admins because I'm sure a lot of them will be false flag reports. Can't blame the people for asking though, considering players can't check if others are in a faction or where they are based out of.

2) You're going to get people who don't report because they can't be bothered and these players will get away with it, causing further issues that these policies set out to fix.

• Upvote 1

Most of the times they're not being respected.

I'm in LSSD, dealt with a scene in Legion Square that was clearly gang-involved, only to have an admin tp to me after the scene is over to tell me that it's voided, and I knew it was gonna be voided since it's a restricted crime zone, but meh.

Edited by Santanaa
8 hours ago, Goonbag said:

I can’t speak on this event given the limited information provided, but I implore everybody to familiarise themselves with IFMs clarification on the rules:

I hope these are added to the official ruleset in order to minimise confusion. 

Wait, just so I get this right...

So Nervous posts a new set of rules for robbing. Then IFM comes after, to more or less cancel that change but on a separate forum? oo 

What's going on? 😕 

Edited by Topinambour
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Wait, just so I get this right...

So Nervous posts a new set of rules for robbing. Then IFM comes after, to more or less cancel that change but on a separate forum? oo 

What's going on? 😕 

Yeah uhm, no, that is just complete bullshit. This is the exact definition of double standards and IFM is basicly saying the people that these rules apply to, dont have to listen to them? Excuse me, what is this bullshit?

12 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Yeah uhm, no, that is just complete bullshit. This is the exact definition of double standards and IFM is basicly saying the people that these rules apply to, dont have to listen to them? Excuse me, what is this bullshit?

And illegal RPers think they're undervalued 🤣

It's nice to see that admins prefer cops v robbers.

• Applaud 1
22 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

From a friend in the LSSD discord:

"IFM has essentially said that factions based in areas that have been restricted won't be restricted to the same level, because it makes sense to stop bangers crossing the city to rob on the beach, but it makes sense for gangs in vespucci to rob on the beach or w/e else is relevent for gangs these days.

It definitely makes more sense for a decent number of people who were already roleplaying in these areas."

I fully agree with him and it's clearly what IFM was aiming for.

• Bospy locked this topic