Players Are Already Skirting Around The New Robbery Rules

Torlo

How am I supposed to develop after the seventh mugging? Or being robbed twice in one week, two attempted robberies in one day. Am I pretending to be in fake LA or am I pretending to be in some kind of favela? How should my character react to this?

How should I react to being kidnapped off the supposed equivalent of the Santa Monica pier, loudly, by a sedan full of guys with guns, pointing them out in the open without a care in the world? My characters aren't rich, they aren't flashing wealth to justify the kind of risk that would realistically mean.

Do I RP the locations as their LA equivalent or do I portray the actual crime rate I witness? Do I ignore the "RP at all times stuff" and develop selective amnesia?

I don't mind losing items, just annoyed they keep taking the phones. That is my main gripe nowadays with robbers, they take things that are trackable. Rings etc? Fine, you can pawn that off. Guns? Ehh, sure but it has a serial on it etc.

Phones? You can be tracked instantly and have it wiped remotely.

10 hours ago, mj2002 said:

When does a character become illegal? If you're robbing people, can you still be considered as playing a 'legal' character?

We need to stop calling it illegal/legal, the term you're looking for is civilian. 

"can you still be considered as playing a 'civilian' character?"

And the answer is yes. Just because you commit crimes doesn't mean you're not a civilian, you still are one. Also, just because you commit crimes doesn't mean you cannot do acts like a civilian, either. 

17 minutes ago, peasoup said:

How am I supposed to develop after the seventh mugging? Or being robbed twice in one week, two attempted robberies in one day. Am I pretending to be in fake LA or am I pretending to be in some kind of favela? How should my character react to this?

How should I react to being kidnapped off the supposed equivalent of the Santa Monica pier, loudly, by a sedan full of guys with guns, pointing them out in the open without a care in the world? My characters aren't rich, they aren't flashing wealth to justify the kind of risk that would realistically mean.

Do I RP the locations as their LA equivalent or do I portray the actual crime rate I witness? Do I ignore the "RP at all times stuff" and develop selective amnesia?

You have to roleplay it, just like anything else, how you decide it causes your character to behave / develop after the fact is all on you. I don't want to roleplay my car being wrecked or injuries because a ricer comes and smashes into my car while I am going 40 MPH and causes me to do ten flips in the air, I don't wanna roleplay that because its happened to me a million times, do I have a choice? No, just like anything else you have to roleplay it.

There are other roleplaying platforms that may be more what people are looking for. I don't know why people think it's an insult to tell others to try Second Life, it has as a serious roleplay community and may be more in line with the social-type roleplay you're looking for realism but without criminality. If you walk down Vespucci beach, go into one of the backstreets and get robbed by the gangs that literally inhabit that area and your first thoughts are to go on the forums and complain about it, maybe seriously reconsider why you're here. There are other places that may suit your desires.

11 minutes ago, Anders said:

I don't mind losing items, just annoyed they keep taking the phones. That is my main gripe nowadays with robbers, they take things that are trackable. Rings etc? Fine, you can pawn that off. Guns? Ehh, sure but it has a serial on it etc.

Phones? You can be tracked instantly and have it wiped remotely.

that's absolutely incorrect. it's 10x easier to pawn off a phone (all u gotta do is take out the sim card really) than a golden chain or a personalized piece of jewelry. stealing firearms is a completely different story in the current server setting cause ppl steal them due to a scarcity in firearms rather than for the sake of selling them

5 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

Lol this is so naive, it’s almost comedic. 

“If there’s no evidence, the problem doesn’t exist.”

Really? Yeah let’s just pretend that makes sense. 

On the contrary if you do provide evidence it gets discounted as a one-off or 'you're doing this to yourself'. It's literal victim blaming either way. "I wouldn't have to bully him all the time if he stopped doing X", for example.  

Edited by Sush
21 minutes ago, Sush said:

On the contrary if you do provide evidence it gets discounted as a one-off or 'you're doing this to yourself'. It's literal victim blaming either way. "I wouldn't have to bully him all the time if he stopped doing X", for example.  

I tried to get a CCW just this past week as a long-time trucker. After being held at gunpoint, robbed, beaten, other drivers reporting being robbed and shot at, apparently that’s no longer a good reason for wanting a CCW. So yeah, I’m obviously doing it to myself and not protecting myself enough right? Guess I should just stop getting robbed while trucking right? 😂🤦‍♂️

Edited by Cypher99
44 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

that's absolutely incorrect. it's 10x easier to pawn off a phone (all u gotta do is take out the sim card really) than a golden chain or a personalized piece of jewelry. stealing firearms is a completely different story in the current server setting cause ppl steal them due to a scarcity in firearms rather than for the sake of selling them

https://www.clevguard.com/track/can-you-track-a-phone-without-a-sim-card/

• Bospy locked this topic