Players Are Already Skirting Around The New Robbery Rules

Torlo

Never been robbed. Never been packed. Thousands of hours. If you put yourself in vulnerable positions constantly and make yourself a target, you can’t complain that criminals do what they’re intended to do. 

The concern I have is how are you supposed to know whether or not someone is faction affiliated without reporting it, potentially unnecessarily and stalling a situation. Not sure if that’s been answered somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Ah, yes "it never happened to me so it never happens to anyone because I'm the center of the planet". ^^' 

Just like @Phasedsaid, you are probably putting yourself into dumb situations for no logical reason that end up with you getting robbed. You can't even pull a gun on this server no more when you are defending yourself in public cus a pink haired girl that just pulled up in her 300k sports car will gun you down with her CCW gun.

Last time a group of mallrats interacted with me and my faction on our turf, they kept talking shit and eventually fought us with fists in a 2v10, before they left and pulled up into the back alley with more people where they got robbed

35 minutes ago, Keane said:

The general experience of the admin team and players that reached out with feedback was that the vast majority of poorly portrayed robberies/robberies just for assets were done by players that were not associated with existing illegal factions. Illegal faction leaders have a responsibility to make sure their members are not only RPing to a good standard, but they are abiding by the rules. Faction members that are involved in situations that are roleplayed badly or end up getting punished are reported to IFM. I'll let the specific process after that point be explained by someone from IFM but the summary is there is additional quality control in place for members of illegal factions. The level of quality control is lower outside of approved factions as it falls back on the rest of the admin team. It can be difficult to track problem players as they frequently go inactive, play on different characters or name change. 

The new rules are strict and they were written that way on purpose. As Bospy stated in his announcement, admins have been instructed on how to enforce it. We can really bring the hammer down on people who are generally out to provide shitty robbery RP. I did the other day when someone got kidnapped from the city and brought out to the county so they could essentially go through a strip search and have literally everything taken from them. The trio of robbers were also planning on driving back to the city to steal from the guy's car. The new rules made it much easier to issue punishments and explain where these players were wrong because it's clearly written in the rules. That's the purpose of this change. Illegal faction members, who in the vast majority of cases have a higher standard of RP, are able to commit crime with less restrictions than these rules impose. Their own restrictions are from their faction leaders and IFM. So if a faction based in Vespucci Beach decides to rob your character on said beach, you're much more likely to have a better RP experience and know that it is being done for RP purposes and not because it's another player or group of players that just want a shootout or guns.

As for how admins determine if people are in factions or not, that can be done with one command. Admins have internal guidelines on what to do in these situations. I'm not in a position to share more information than that publicly. Just know that they're descriptive enough to make the change easy to enforce. If any admin is unsure, they can consult IFM. 

I have to head to work shortly so I won't be responding here until much later. Someone from IFM will likely be responding in the next few hours too to clear up any more questions. Please keep things civil to make it easier for any questions to be cleared up.

Thanks for the clarification.

8 minutes ago, Phased said:

I've checked topics you've started, and not one post started by you has ever been a player report.  So you've had all these players breaking rules robbing you and you've never reported a single person?   That's wild.

I've had my fair share of reports, it gets tiring really fast. Its like an IRL job - your boss tells you three times you do something wrong but you still wont do it right; he gives up on it and takes it with him in the performance report against you. Same applies here, whats the point in reporting when reports take ages to handle and the reported player simply doesn't learn anyway? Just look at the report section; its full of people not giving a damn, faking feeling sorry (faking yes, because they keep violating the same issue), or simply go inactive for a while. Its a joke.

Its also stupid to just assume we put ourselves in a position to be robbed. All I want to do is provide roleplay to the community by offering rentals from a pier in La Puerta (you know, the only logical spot for recreational maritime). But I guess its completely normal to just barge into a building that I'd describe as Fort Knox at this point, thinking a magical mask will save you from everything prosecution related, or to just harass a lady working on the peirs minding her own business when the area isn't even claimed by anyone.

But yes, its all our fault, we as victims are at fault. I disagree and always will.

Victims are never at fault.

If you still get robbed 4 times a day after the rule change you are clearly doing something wrong. Or you are simply lying about getting robbed just to shit on criminal roleplayers. 

Stop crying about unrealistic robberies here and report these players instead. And don't say that reports never get solved or whatever because that's simply not true. Yes, some of them take weeks/months but they always result in punishment for rulebreakers. Just because you got robbed once doesn't mean you have to hate the whole illegal scene and make up false scenarios. 

I haven't been robbed in almost a year and I always roleplay in Strawberry, Davis or Rancho. I walk around on my own majority of the times. And no, I'm not lucky if I play every day and I don't get robbed. It's all about your portrayal and social skills. If you are a pink-haired cat-ear wearing petite girl driving your 300k+ car into a gang territory and you give locals attitude when they try to interact with you, you'll simply get robbed.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

I've had my fair share of reports, it gets tiring really fast. Its like an IRL job - your boss tells you three times you do something wrong but you still wont do it right; he gives up on it and takes it with him in the performance report against you. Same applies here, whats the point in reporting when reports take ages to handle and the reported player simply doesn't learn anyway? Just look at the report section; its full of people not giving a damn, faking feeling sorry (faking yes, because they keep violating the same issue), or simply go inactive for a while. Its a joke.

Its also stupid to just assume we put ourselves in a position to be robbed. All I want to do is provide roleplay to the community by offering rentals from a pier in La Puerta (you know, the only logical spot for recreational maritime). But I guess its completely normal to just barge into a building that I'd describe as Fort Knox at this point, thinking a magical mask will save you from everything prosecution related, or to just harass a lady working on the peirs minding her own business when the area isn't even claimed by anyone.

But yes, its all our fault, we as victims are at fault. I disagree and always will.

Victims are never at fault.

If people are coming into your business to rob you every day, they would be breaching rules on robberies in a business without admin permission - if it's the same people every time they'd be breaking rules on chain robbing - yet you've never reported them on the forums so the admins have absolutely no chance to deal with it.  

4 minutes ago, sCrax said:

They don't report it because half of the instances they mention are made up. If they were getting robbed 5 times a day they would definitely take it to report forum section. Even LEO members are saying that they don't get this many calls about robberies. It's always the same people commenting about how shit gang roleplayers are because they rob them all the time even though it's all lies. 

Over the Christmas period there was an uptick in armed robberies where the person is kidnapped and taken out to the county. At one point I was responding to 1 or 2 a day for about a week, and then it's just gone quiet again.

Edited by Westen

"ive never been robbed so clearly this problem doesnt exist and you guys are exaggerating!"

actually the equivalent of going on a tech support forum and responding to threads saying "i dont have this problem idk". like i get it but literally just popping in to say that you think a good chunk of people are just lying to get their way speaks volumes about this community

i also think its worth bringing up that reporting someone in gta:w is an absolute hassle unless you caught an extremely clear-cut rule break on 4k ray-traced footage

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Queen said:

"ive never been robbed so clearly this problem doesnt exist and you guys are exaggerating!"

actually the equivalent of going on a tech support forum and responding to threads saying "i dont have this problem idk". like i get it but literally just popping in to say that you think a good chunk of people are just lying to get their way speaks volumes about this community

i also think its worth bringing up that reporting someone in gta:w is an absolute hassle unless you caught an extremely clear-cut rule break on 4k ray-traced footage

As someone who can see historical 911 calls - I can assure you robberies are not a frequent thing on this server - averages out around 3-4 911 calls a day and that includes troll calls, cars being stolen and people getting robbed on day tours of gang neighbourhoods.   If there's evidence of it not being an issue it's usually not an issue.

• Bospy locked this topic