Players Are Already Skirting Around The New Robbery Rules

Torlo

So as we all know, the robbery rules have changed and I for one think the change has made a very positive impact on the server. However, the usual suspects are already doing their best to skirt the rules. Three times now my character has been a target of car jacking attempts instead of robberies - and they all for some clearly non meta related reason wanna make it perfectly clear "WE ARE NOT HERE FOR CASH". Naturally my character simply starts to drive away when this happens because the vehicle has been on every time it's happened, but these amazing rpers always resort to murder in a public place and begin ramming into the vehicle like it's gta online - but that's not the point and I will reporting those players on the forums later. Has anyone else experienced a similar rise of GTA?

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Torlo said:

So as we all know, the robbery rules have changed and I for one think the change has made a very positive impact on the server. However, the usual suspects are already doing their best to skirt the rules. Three times now my character has been a target of car jacking attempts instead of robberies - and they all for some clearly non meta related reason wanna make it perfectly clear "WE ARE NOT HERE FOR CASH". Naturally my character simply starts to drive away when this happens because the vehicle has been on every time it's happened, but these amazing rpers always resort to murder in a public place and begin ramming into the vehicle like it's gta online - but that's not the point and I will reporting those players on the forums later. Has anyone else experienced a similar rise of GTA?

That's because they are not here to roleplay. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Goonbag said:

I can’t speak on this event given the limited information provided, but I implore everybody to familiarise themselves with IFMs clarification on the rules:

I hope these are added to the official ruleset in order to minimise confusion. 

Genuinely curious how this is going to be enforced. Since players don't know if a MASK is in a faction or not, admins are bound to get a lot of 'false flag' reports. If someone is reported in-game do admins check their faction status before coming to a decision? What counts as an 'Established Illegal Character'? Can I make a character, join an official faction after a couple hours of play and skirt right around the rules because I now belong to an official faction? It just seems like with all the exceptions made for the recent rule depending on player status, there's going to be alot of cluster-fuckery for admins to sort through.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Genuinely curious how this is going to be enforced. Since players don't know if a MASK is in a faction or not, admins are bound to get a lot of 'false flag' reports. If someone is reported in-game do admins check their faction status before coming to a decision? What counts as an 'Established Illegal Character'? Can I make a character, join an official faction after a couple hours of play and skirt right around the rules because I now belong to an official faction? It just seems like with all the exceptions made for the recent rule depending on player status, there's going to be alot of cluster-fuckery for admins to sort through.

This is exactly my concern. 

How is the victim of the robbery expected to know whether or not a person is in an illegal faction, or where the territory of said illegal faction extends to?

What stops an admin from misinterpreting the rule and ajailing a player with their admin discretion when the player was actually in the right (or they assumed they were given the unclear rules, clarifications and huge gray areas)?

I feel like this ruleset was created to slap a bandaid fix on an over exaggerated issue when they should’ve instead been applying harsher penalties to rule breakers. 

illegal roleplayers hate them too - they make us look like shit. Just like the 1% of mallrats make people roleplaying non-criminals look like shit.

I’m worried that this is going to lead to an onslaught of reports to an already bogged down forum report section and create more work for already overburdened Admins which could’ve been otherwise avoided.

The aim of server management should be to keep us in game, not on the forums. 

There is already too much of this game held behind Admin requests with massive wait times. IFM is doing a good job, but they’re fucking busy. 

• Upvote 1

It would have been better, IF people stopped worrying about their assets. My only complain about the crime always been more story driven, like how am I gonna explain, that I been victim of Grand Theft Auto twice in a single evening? How am I gonna implement that into my story, that there is an ooc chopping list avaliable in every garage and anyone with a lockpick and mechanic job with a friend who can chop it, will infact go, find a car and chop it? How am I gonna explain, that every time I decide to just take a walk on the boulevard, there is always a couple of robbers looking to catch someone lacking. Cause poorly rped or not, voided or not. It still did happen. I still have to wait for my car to respawn. This has been my only issue this whole time. So you got your car stolen, so what? Call cops, report it. You have been robbed okay. As normal citizen, call cops make a statement. But if this happens to you and people around you every week? Nah, every book or movie gets boring if you see all the same scenes over and over again.

• Thanks 2

The idea of robberies turning Grand Theft Auto is not new. It has been the very same thing around trucking companies mere days after deliveries started being paid in bank money, thus making the META robberies null. Asset grabbers instead took it to the company lots to break into both private and company cars to either /vtitems and skidaddle or take the car as a whole. CCTV? Good luck trying to find out what happened if you don't know who to PM or there is no lvl3 Admin around to access server logs.

18 minutes ago, orca112 said:

The idea of robberies turning Grand Theft Auto is not new. It has been the very same thing around trucking companies mere days after deliveries started being paid in bank money, thus making the META robberies null. Asset grabbers instead took it to the company lots to break into both private and company cars to either /vtitems and skidaddle or take the car as a whole. CCTV? Good luck trying to find out what happened if you don't know who to PM or there is no lvl3 Admin around to access server logs.

What’s wrong with that? Even if you have CCTV, no face no case.

Long stay lots, like staff parking and airport parking are frequently targeted in real life because it’s a lot less likely that the criminal will get caught in the act.

If someone is brazen enough to break into a logistic company’s lot, steal a truck and manage to not get caught? Kudos to them. (Assuming it was well roleplayed)

Just because you don’t enjoy being robbed, or it doesn’t fit the narrative you’re trying to flesh out for you character, doesn’t mean it was a poor robbery. 

1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

So basically nothing changed. Good to know.

Just one question, when did people see a random legal character robbing people last time?

When does a character become illegal? If you're robbing people, can you still be considered as playing a 'legal' character?

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

When does a character become illegal? If you're robbing people, can you still be considered as playing a 'legal' character?

I think the new set of rules is aimed at robberies conducted by random groups of friends, which is what they meant probably. 

It can be a good set, if people try to understand, that it technically does not shield them from being robbed or anything.

We must understand that, official factions do not go out robbing people left and right at random. They have a system and I believe, that regarding

the question "If I create a new character and join official faction.....", no I believe, that they are picky about who can join and how.

Also there is one detail, some people seem to be overlooking. Once you are rping in a faction and doing stuff for them, your roleplay represents the faction itself.

No sane leader would just unleash their gangsters and let them run around unchecked.

• Bospy locked this topic