Donation +100% bonus : We need your help!

Guest Ingram

Will donate once daopay will be available, unable otherwise. Those are good news but i'm afraid that Nervous won't be posting updates as much as he used to, that means forwarded suggestion will be also delayed. Either way, those are good news, much appreciation to Nervous and hope everything will be for the better, atleast we'll get more updates on GTMP now that may have small priority over GTAW.

Edited by Ingram

Some additional information:

-  GT-MP accepted many donations but wasn’t transparent in this process and therefore didn’t showed them on their own website.

- After several german servers spoke about this in the public, GT-MP decided to show the actual donation progress on their website revealing it was more than enough for 3 months +

- Additionally they thought about blacklisting some big streamers if they didn’t “pay” GT-MP if they would show any content of GT-MP in their streams. (German Source: https://clips.twitch.tv/IgnorantTameCheesecakeOneHand)

- After this happened a number of big servers decided to switch from GT-MP to rageMP (another MP project)

- What is also good to know is that Durty received some hardware from some Servers / Streamers to help him continuing the development of GT-MP, which he evidently never said. (Prove in German again: https://twitter.com/StaiyLIVE/status/968928319935844352)
Translated Tweet: As Durty took the money for his new PC from Kurtis and me it was okay? You are such a joke. Where is your imprint? Where are the sub-funds going from your stream? Why are there servers and streamers getting blackmailed? Should I continue?

The GT-MP project can be saved, but is it worth it?

Edited by fragn1cht
  • Upvote 1

Amazing news that someone as skilled as Nervous would be taking over GTMP and even better news to know that Durty isn't simply money hungry but also wishes to hand the project into the right hands. I'm sure that with this change, GTAW and GTMP will strive for further success and will progress even more, hopefully focusing on the real issues too. Good luck!

12 minutes ago, fragn1cht said:

Some additional information:

-  GT-MP accepted many donations but wasn’t transparent in this process and therefore didn’t showed them on their own website.

- After several german servers spoke about this in the public, GT-MP decided to show the actual donation progress on their website revealing it was more than enough for 3 months +

- Additionally they thought about blacklisting some big streamers if they didn’t “pay” GT-MP if they would show any content of GT-MP in their streams. (German Source: https://clips.twitch.tv/IgnorantTameCheesecakeOneHand)

- After this happened a number of big servers decided to switch from GT-MP to rageMP (another MP project)

- What is also good to know is that Durty received some hardware from some Servers / Streamers to help him continuing the development of GT-MP, which he evidently never said. (Prove in German again: https://twitter.com/StaiyLIVE/status/968928319935844352)
Translated Tweet: As Durty took the money for his new PC from Kurtis and me it was okay? You are such a joke. Where is your imprint? Where are the sub-funds going from your stream? Why are there servers and streamers getting blackmailed? Should I continue?

Some tweets in German alone can not prove that anyone received anything from anyone.

Want to prove it? Show RECEIPTS that money/hardware was given to DurtyFree. Give hard evidence that can support your claims. 

Otherwise go back to your room and rethink as to this poor attempt to stir up Drama. 

Nervous always was transparent with the community, something that many other community managers do not do. I am willing to see what he can do once he takes the wheel

19 minutes ago, fragn1cht said:

Bit of a dramatic post.

All of the things you listed are past events, GTMP was still successful after it (and we saw GTA W playerbase rise), and under the leadership of Nervous, it's unlikely to happen again.

As for if it's worth it - undoubtedly. This server has built its success on GTMP. By ensuring GTMP's future by buying it, GTA W can not only continue to exist, but thrive. GTA W could be considered as the 'official GTMP server', giving us a boost in players. Plus, having the biggest text RP server and the client under one party means client issues can be found by the large playerbase and directly addressed by GTMP without extra communication: things can get fixed easier, and problems get identified quicker.

What is the other option? GTMP dies and we have to move to Rage. This means we shut down for several months, and the devs need to rebuild the entire code. This isn't as simple as "just moving to rage" like many non-devs think it is, the API functions are a different style to GTMP and a lot of the wiki is not documented, so a lot of time will be spent trying to find the right functions to do the right thing and then having to figure out what they actually do afterwards.

100% worth it, the best decision for GTMP.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Pascal said:

What is the other option? GTMP dies and we have to move to Rage. This means we shut down for several months, and the devs need to rebuild the entire code. This isn't as simple as "just moving to rage" like many non-devs think it is, the API functions are a different style to GTMP and a lot of the wiki is not documented, so a lot of time will be spent trying to find the right functions to do the right thing and then having to figure out what they actually do afterwards.

Me and a friend of mine managed to convert a script from rageMP to GTMP within a short amount of time, so it's not "several months". 

Both RageMP and GTMP are based on the open source api; GTA:Network. Meaning  a lot of the back-end compatability are the same. 

18 minutes ago, ThaCrypte said:

Me and a friend of mine managed to convert a script from rageMP to GTMP within a short amount of time, so it's not "several months". 

GTA World is one of the largest servers, there is much more work to do when converting the script. It may be due to mismanagement, but FiveRP could not fully transition to Rage (for SixRP), a server on a similar scale to GTA W.

The backend may be similar, but even slight changes to function parameters mean that whole sections may potentially need reworking.

It's still an option, however purchasing GTMP is clearly the best way forward.

• Nervous locked this topic
  • Canadian unfeatured and unpinned this topic