What is your stance on modded assets?

caballero

19 minutes ago, Wremlish said:

My next issue with what you've said. Motorcycle clubs rely HEAVILY on client side mods to roleplay their vests, visually. Before anyone tries to say "Well /vest exists." It does exist, but only two MCs currently have access to it (Vagos and Mongols) and soon Los Desalmados will too.

Could be considered pretty minor but couldn't the mod team remove all patches and rockers from some of the already implemented vests and replace them with only generic roles on the front for use in "unofficial" MC's? Maybe some different colors just in case there's multiple unofficial MC's active.

This way you could still visibly see who's who in an MC while also giving MC RP'ers actual decent vest models with the ability to wear shirts and jackets underneath unlike the underwhelming vanilla GTA ones.

3 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Could be considered pretty minor but couldn't the mod team remove all patches and rockers from some of the already implemented vests and replace them with only generic roles on the front for use in "unofficial" MC's? Maybe some different colors just in case there's multiple unofficial MC's active.

This way you could still visibly see who's who in an MC while also giving MC RP'ers actual decent vest models with the ability to wear shirts and jackets underneath unlike the underwhelming vanilla GTA ones.

I think this idea was discussed in the past, and it MAY already be being explored, but I’ll raise it to IFM through the biker table. 

2 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

That's not an awful idea! I quite like that!

So, the /vest models are submitted by each MC and are actually wearable over a lot of hoodies and larger non t-shirt clothes. So, it could definitely be do-able. To have these generalized unofficial MC vests just to supplement /do and a player's own attributes for the specific MC patch. 

I have no issue with stuff like clothing mods... If done properly.

Every time I see a group of RPers with checkered / camo clothing and no torso I die a little inside.

For whoever makes those mods, at least make them wear SOMETHING for us non-modded people. Like a generic grey hoodie or something.

Client side modded clothing is cancerous. I'd argue it's also extremely play to win in some scenarios. When you all look like checkered messes and you commit a crime the police are forced to say "guy in checkered clothes" and when there's a million of you all looking like chess boards it's bruhhh.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, L I C E said:

Client side modded clothing is cancerous. I'd argue it's also extremely play to win in some scenarios. When you all look like checkered messes and you commit a crime the police are forced to say "guy in checkered clothes" and when there's a million of you all looking like chess boards it's bruhhh.

amen to that, if you wear checkered clothes, to my character that';s what you are wearing. I don't see the points of client side mods, only you sees them.

Edited by Planters80mm
grammar

I don’t mind clothing mods, as long as the player using them is understanding of the fact that their character don’t look like the way they do on everyone else’s screens. 

like if you’re gonna have clothing mods, you have to accept the fact that for other players on the server, you’re either gonna be wearing checkered clothing or a combination of random mismatched clothing making you look like a party clown. As long as you’re okay with that, and you aren’t getting all mad and trying to force everyone to rp your modded clothes, by all means, use them clothing mods. I don’t mind.

Client side clothing mods are annoying as shit because the people who make the mods never have the care to make the replacements consistent. If you have a mod that replaces one of Rockstar's generic hoodies with a Supreme hoodie, go off. All the power to you. When your hoodie replaces a tank top and makes you look like a Rayman character, there's where the problem lies.

• Wuhtah locked this topic