What is your stance on modded assets?

caballero

I need my mp9 badly, vanilla weapons are dogshit.

What's your stand on modded models? Do you think modded weapons which are real models fit in the world, or do you think it's like adding non-lore vehicles, which breaks the immersion? 

I personally love modded guns and clothing and the current modded vehicles, but wouldn't be able to stand modded real vehicles if they got added.

I believe mods in general is an awesome way in which our platform allows us to make our gameplay even more gratifying and enjoyable. 

Edited by Santanaa
  • caballero changed the title to What's wrong with modded guns and why cannot they be fixed? What is your stance on modded assets?
1 hour ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

its a ragemp issue iirc 

This, Nervous already brought it up to them and they haven't done anything. All we can pray for is they fix that plus the streamer being poop.

Edited by Mahiko
Typo from phone
  • caballero changed the title to What is your stance on modded assets?

Client-side mods shouldn't be enabled and I don't understand how anyone would think otherwise... except for extremely self centered people who can't even get the concept of other players not being npc in their little story life. If you want modded stuff fight for them to be added for everyone, stop imposing your checkered clothes and hovering arms in other character's rp. 

• Upvote 11
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, thelostart22 said:

Client-side mods shouldn't be enabled and I don't understand how anyone would think otherwise... except for extremely self centered people who can't even get the concept of other players not being npc in their little story life. If you want modded stuff fight for them to be added for everyone, stop imposing your checkered clothes and hovering arms in other character's rp. 

ye how dare u not want to look like shit and/or wear smth specific to your faction

• Upvote 1

Except you do look like shit for literally everyone with checkered clothes. The way you see your character with modded clothes ruins the scenery for everyone but you. It's weird to think anyone would feel comfortable knowing your modded Jordans are seen for everybody else as checkered slippers and just roll with it, like do you even realize your character is a part of a bigger picture and you're ruining it with awful chess textures... 

I mean if you're only playing with a bunch of friends who have the same mods it will be fine visually speaking but it's another problem showing a sad mentality of just hanging with your little secular crew of modded abs Chads.

Also, the clothing options could be better but with a bit of creativity and good will you can achieve any look and impression... because that's what it's about, giving an impression of on other players to build a character... It's not that hard. 😕

10 hours ago, thelostart22 said:

I somewhat agree with this remark, however I can see arguments on the flipside of your's.

There's a limit to how much modded content can be on the server before it becomes an issue. Causes unnecessary lag, texture loss, etc. So, not every mod can be on the server, which is damaging to gang roleplay. A huge identifier for gang roleplay is the clothing rival gangs wear. I would love to see a lot more of this clothing on the server. I don't even do gang roleplay, but it would be great to see it. I also, don't agree with the checkerboard creations of floating limbs.

My next issue with what you've said. Motorcycle clubs rely HEAVILY on client side mods to roleplay their vests, visually. Before anyone tries to say "Well /vest exists." It does exist, but only two MCs currently have access to it (Vagos and Mongols) and soon Los Desalmados will too. So, sure, their mods are being added to the server. However, it is a slow incremental process, once the motorcycle clubs have proven that they have longevity on the server and up-hold a high roleplay standard. Meanwhile, there are other MCs on the server, which want to have their vests in the game.

Both of these sorts of factions almost require their mods in the game for the visuals of their screenshots, in addition to the active roleplay on the server.

• Wuhtah locked this topic