Suggestion to counter vigilante CCW/PF wannabe heroes.

16 minutes ago, OddSchool said:

"It's already a thing" "CKs should be issued on both sides".

I guess I've triggered some people with this suggestion lmao, can't go back n forth with the same arguments anymore.

If people are so sure that this is already a thing, why is everybody still discussing about such portrayal? It should set in stone and made clear to everyone that such occassions will result in such outcomes.

I'm baffled to how many people made this look worse than what it already is, jesus christ.

Here's a prime example.

https://streamable.com/t2dj2v

I mean, it's written in stone: "It is mandatory to RP fear in situations/actions which you would usually refrain from doing realistically. Repercussions of your characters actions must always be considered, situations which result in death due to a lack of fear RP may result in a CK. "

One can file a report, submit the evidence, and have that person CK'd if they fail to R.P. fear, effectively. It has been applied to civilians, illegal RPers, and even Law enforcement.

It's not about being triggered.

EDIT: If people do not submit a report and request for a C.K.? Then, it won't happen. It has to be requested.

Edited by DLimit
38 minutes ago, OddSchool said:

"It's already a thing" "CKs should be issued on both sides".

I guess I've triggered some people with this suggestion lmao, can't go back n forth with the same arguments anymore.

If people are so sure that this is already a thing, why is everybody still discussing about such portrayal? It should set in stone and made clear to everyone that such occassions will result in such outcomes.

I'm baffled to how many people made this look worse than what it already is, jesus christ.

Here's a prime example.

https://streamable.com/t2dj2v

I'm not really sure what 'same arguments' there are in this discussion.

The rules are in place and I quoted them to you. If you see someone breaking the rules? Report them.

What's the point of smashin the report command in game every time this happens to me, what's the issue with making people aware of it so it stops happening?

It ends up being frustrating when this happens on a daily basis, and as we all know reports take forever, especially in forums. Some of them are not even asnwered IG, so you'd have to write up a forum one anyways.

If it's already in the rules, why is a big amount of players in this server still people doing it? Simple as.

Edited by OddSchool
10 minutes ago, OddSchool said:

What's the point of smashin the report command in game every time this happens to me, what's the issue with making people aware of it so it stops happening?

It ends up being frustrating when this happens on a daily basis, and as we all know reports take forever, especially in forums. Some of them are not even asnwered IG, so you'd have to write up a forum one anyways.

If it's already in the rules, why is a big amount of players in this server still people doing it? Simple as.

Same reason why subpar robberies are/were a big problem.

• You can get away with it because people dont care to report
  • Youre allowed onto the server in the first place
  • Punishments are extremely light
  • Even if you are CKed, you can just do it all over again with a new, undeveloped character

What you mean by people don't care to report? There's countless reports piling up in the reports section, and most of them are over little things that rub some people the wrong way. Second point ?

Even if punishments are light - when punishments is not even even the point here - they end up piling up on a player's report and he eventually gets what's coming for him. It's not hard to get into that position if you're acting reckless.

I've seen plenty of people bring up this point of "Even if you are CKed, you'd do it again." No, that's completely the opposite. There's a lot of people being attached with their character, having a bump like this can demotivate them easily.

44 minutes ago, OddSchool said:

Every single person has to read the rules before even joining the server. Adjustments to these rules get posted on the forums and discord channels. The whole "Fear RP may result in a CK" is over a year old, meaning that any new player should be well-aware of the rules via the application process AND older players, whom have experience, should be well-aware of the rules. If they are aware? Then, they are simply breaching the rules. Hence, you have to report them. 

You can't expect admins to magically predict whether someone will break the rules, before they happen. It has to be reported. 

""Even if you are CKed, you'd do it again." No, that's completely the opposite. There's a lot of people being attached with their character, having a bump like this can demotivate them easily."

However, MOST of the people breaching these rules, to begin with, are not concerned about character development. They would simply create a new character to repeat the process. These are called "Throwaway Characters".

These are the people that need to be removed from the community, and it can only happen through filing constant reports.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, OddSchool said:

What you mean by people don't care to report? There's countless reports piling up in the reports section, and most of them are over little things that rub some people the wrong way. Second point ?

Even if punishments are light - when punishments is not even even the point here - they end up piling up on a player's report and he eventually gets what's coming for him. It's not hard to get into that position if you're acting reckless.

I've seen plenty of people bring up this point of "Even if you are CKed, you'd do it again." No, that's completely the opposite. There's a lot of people being attached with their character, having a bump like this can demotivate them easily.

The reports piling up is one of the reasons why fewer people bother to report. It takes a long time. If each report was handled within 12 hours, we would be in a better place. Unfortunately, this isn't realistic. Beyond that, just because there are a lot of reports doesn't mean everything is reported. Lots of things go unseen, or people just cant be bothered, or they dont wish to appear petty. You can find a general discussions thread about it that even tries to reinforce this point and attempts to discourage players from reporting rulebreaking behavior.

Punishments piling up means the system didn't really help to begin with. Successive punishments means other players were inconvenienced multiple times, and none of the prior punishments had any effect in deterring the player from breaking the rules again afterwards. Part of this is because punishments are exceptionally light in this community. That being said, there is also nearly no effort to help players out in terms of teaching them in conjunction with punishments for rulebreaking. People keep saying this is a learning server, but there are barely any guides, and punishments are what serves as teachings.

The people who are really attached to their characters are less likely to not roleplay fear correctly, because they'd risk a CK. That's an instance of the system and rules being effectective. Those that cause the most problems are not ones that are all that attached to their characters. They just CK, rename, or delete and recreate, and do the same thing all over again. These people present the major problem to the server.

Edited by mj2002
2 hours ago, OddSchool said:

If it's already in the rules, why is a big amount of players in this server still people doing it?  - Question

What's the point of smashin the report command in game every time this happens to me. - Answer

You answered this question yourself. People aren't reporting for it. Admins aren't going to magically know when someone doesn't fear RP the right way. They aren't psychic.

• Upvote 1