Suggestion to counter vigilante CCW/PF wannabe heroes.

6 minutes ago, OddSchool said:

That would kill the whole drive for robberies, we aim to have fun and show a realistic portrayal of robberies.

Limiting vigilantes with CCW permits in this specific situation, isn't by no means a restriction towards the civilians, and certainly not a win for the illegal rpers. It's just a punishment for a players that disregard their characters' lives during such situation, and I'm surprised to see this wasn't implemented before.

Infact, it's aimed towards a more healthy environment. I'm sure nobody would want to be shot in the back of his head by a wannabe hero during a robbery, the same way I'm sure nobody would want to be held up at a gunpoint in the middle of Downtown or Vinewood.

It feels like the server's separated between two groups, where as everyone tries to benefit his side. Just because this suggestion is aimed towards legal rpers with CCW permits then that doesn't mean it has to reflect back to illegal rpers. It's a simple suggestion that aims to fix a small tendency some inexperienced people tend to do.

If you feel like throwing a suggestion for Robbers to have the risk of being CKed during a robbery, feel free to do so. But this definitely isn't the right place for it.

All I'm trying to say is, if you risk your life by either playing a hero during a robbery or performing it, which turns into a robbery-gone-wrong, you should suffer the same consequence. 

3 minutes ago, Timzii said:

All I'm trying to say is, if you risk your life by either playing a hero during a robbery or performing it, which turns into a robbery-gone-wrong, you should suffer the same consequence. 

Point is, you shouldn't be playing the hero in the first place. Normal instict during those situations is to walk away from the situation, you'd never want to be caught in the middle of a robbery and definitely not held at a gunpoint. People lose their lifes for trying to play the hero, but just cause they can, that doesn't mean they should be always free to do so. Yes, there been a few instances IRL where people save the day just as instances where people lost their lives, but this shouldn't mean that every person carries the same mentality and skills.

This just counters the whole mentality of robberies, along with the roleplay surrounding them. What you're suggesting, is that robberies should signify lack of common courtesy and disregard of life, which shouldn't be the case here. Every illegal roleplayer in this server is somewhat risking their lives every time they break the law, and by what you're saying. We should enforce everyone to CK if they get caught red handed and die because of it, simply because they are risking their lives doing so.

No, that's the whole purpose of Illegal RP and this suggestion's purpose is to counter a person who is completely disregarding their lives in such occasions over the fact that they want a little bit of action, in a scene where they are completely uninvolved.

If was to CK over a robbery gone wrong, when I covered all aspects of it., then I should CK when I'm an active car thief and get shot at over stealing someone's car.

It shouldn't be like this in the first place, what's the point of roleplaying a criminal if I'm to get punished in everything I do?

Playing the hero in robberies isn't something that happens regurarly when opposed to robberies.

I can't think of a single instance where vigilantism in roleplay is actually good, with the exception of someone wanting revenge for an act. The cringe videos of 24 year old supermodels blasting kids that get upvoted on this forum are god awful and all parties involve should be banned. 

There's no excuse for this shit anymore with the introduction of these safe-zones. The self-insert main character syndrome of 'military trained' twenty-something white kid vigilante is too serious a problem to ignore.  It's absolutely embarrassing, you're not roleplaying a superhero in a Marvel film. 

Edited by roleplayer234

Besides the non-fear thing, I have seen people punished for DMing and having their portrayal questioned for getting directly involved in something that doesn't relate to them, too. You can definitely report it!

And no, robbers shouldn't be CKed just for robbing someone. Some people go around specifically looking for people they suspect (or know) are carrying concealed, which is a little bit non-fear RP from a realistic IC perspective, but even that shouldn't be grounds for CK, just for eyerolling.

4 hours ago, UTOPIA said:

I would be in favor of stricter OOC and IC regulations on PF/CCW holders and generally making a gun license more difficult to obtain overall. Using your PF gun to commit an act of vigilantism should be looked at very critically, it is already against the law IC, but I think it needs to be regulated way more heavily.

IC:

• Whenever you get into a shooting with a PF/CCW gun, you should have to let the firearms licensing bureau know.
  • Vigilantism should be a heavier sentence accompanied with potentially murder/manslaughter, whatever. 
  • Place of residence should be taken account when applying for PF/CCW. (Live in a bad neighborhood, crime ridden area, etc.)
  • More consequences to letting your PF gun bang on someone.

OOC:

• Character backstory should be taken into question when applying for PF/CCW. (Has this character recently had a crime committed against them, are they in fear for their life?)
  • Character should have a good REASON to have a CCW license.
  • Failed attempts at vigilantism should be instant CKs.

Overall, I think everyone can agree that vigilantism roleplay is just as bad as the low tier robbery roleplay that the new rules have been put in place to prevent.

ccw should be very strict, pf shouldn't... california has some of the harshest gun laws and i think the ccw system in game should reflect that, currently its super easy to get a pf/ccw

5 hours ago, UTOPIA said:
  • Place of residence should be taken account when applying for PF/CCW. (Live in a bad neighborhood, crime ridden area, etc.)
  • Character should have a good REASON to have a CCW license.

These are already in place and considered by FLD when reviewing CCWs.

should impose more ooc requirements in terms of application bans; i.e. if you're proven to be a vigilante your licenses should be revoked. same applies to character backstory, while it's obvious to me that fld has a huge workload i believe it wouldn't harm them if they randomly asked for some backstory samples to ensure they're not handing out a license to a trigger happy big tiddy white 21yo british girl

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, peasoup said:

This is already a rule, you can get CK'd and/or admin-jailed and so on for non-fear portrayal, that's why some robbers copy-paste pre-written emotes so they can win the situation before the other person has a chance to react. It's a whole thing?

Basically this. This rule is already in place.