Suggestion to counter vigilante CCW/PF wannabe heroes.

1 minute ago, Cypher99 said:

You don’t know who you’re robbing. You don’t know if it’s an ordinary joe or someone portraying a person with military background / formal training. I see no reason why you shouldn’t be subject to the same rules when you willingly choose to hold someone up. Sorry, I don’t agree that you’re not risking your life. 

I agree with you, IMO anyone who takes a risk in their character's life and possibly puts their life on the line should be subject to a CK, whether that be the perpetrator robbing the individual, victim who tries to defend themselves, or a witness who decides to step in. Life happens, victims die for making a wrong move, thugs die when someone plays the hero, heroes die when attempting to save themselves or others. Shit happens like that.

The state of robbery RP on both sides is and always has been abhorrent.

On one side, we have 14 year old kids in skinny jeans playing Navy SEAL jump out boys and holding a gun on someone while they strip the person they're robbing of every single possession on them like they're stripping an old car, all the while keeping their gun ready to rock and roll like they're showing up to the OK Corral.

On the other side, we have club girl who is getting robbed, whipping her gun out and giving the child soldier robber a Mozambique Drill all the while without spilling her coffee.

Both parties handling business like that should be banned. No warnings, no ajails, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 dollars. Poor portrayal every time.

We've settled into this groove of "Oh well they should be CK'd for X or Y." No they shouldn't. They should be banned. Because what happens? They make new character, rinse and repeat. The only way shit like this stops is if you get rid of the people doing it.

• Applaud 2
6 minutes ago, OddSchool said:

Even if you have killed 100 people, when a gun is pointed at your face, you should have some regard for your life. Disregarding it could have you lose your life right there and then.

I’m glad we agree. This should apply for everyone, not when it’s only convenient for you. 

I agree that when rules are broken in these situations, harsher punishments are necessary. However, you’re cornering people into a place where no risk is acceptable and that’s not right. Not all civilians are heroes, but not all civilians curl up into a ball when the situation presents itself. It’s fight or flight, not flight or flight. 

Edited by Cypher99
26 minutes ago, RTdeop said:

IMO any player who decides to put their character's  life on the line ICly, and they know for a fact it can lead to a deadly situation for themselves, should be subject to a CK.

Criminals, CCW Heroes, LEO's. An overwhelming majority of players on GTA:WORLD have a [Play to Win] mentality, and that's on all sides. LEO's should be subject to some type of character punishment whether it be a CK, or a name change.

On another note, not many people IRL are going to put themselves in the line of death if they have no reason to, IE CCW Heroes in GTA:WORLD. Yes, there are a small percentage of people who would pull out a gun to stop a crime IRL but they can easily lose their life. I know a person in my hometown who died in a situation like that.

^ This.

You’re not wrong but still. CKing the perpetrator  in every situation that goes wrong for them would bring more issues than solutions in my opinion.

A robber should be only subject for ck if he’s pulling off a subpar robbery.

Just as the CCW holder playing the hero is disregarding his life. Having every robber subject for CK would kill robberies in general.

We want people to have fun here, not endorse micro management and poor rp.

Edited by OddSchool
13 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

You don’t know who you’re robbing. You don’t know if it’s an ordinary joe or someone portraying a person with military background / formal training

This is a lame excuse for powergaming. If you are held at gunpoint, roleplay fear. Only those who have been held at gun point would know the risk.

Having military background doesn’t give you an excuse to Detroit Urban Survival Training the scene. 

If you see how quick gunpoint robberies are, you’d see how flawed people’s role plays are when the act is carried out.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, shaqr said:

Shooting someone while at gunpoint ICly because of the limitations imposed by us by this being set place in a game, such as having to lower your gun to type OOCly should be met with incredibly harsh administrative action IN ADDITION TO in character consequences.

Pulling a gun and shooting your robber because he is typing his next IC action OOC is metagaming, powergaming and an atrocious lack of common courtesy typical of a pay to win mentality. That's a lot of rules broken.

Text roleplay is normally turn based, simply because you cannot type and do something else at the same time. So both, victim and robber should show bit of courtesy to each other like that. Just because robber started typing, that doesn't mean victim CAN pull out a gun and shoot them. No, normally in RP community that's a violation, because technically it is robber's turn. Their gun as aimed at the victim the whole time. Also normally you are supposed to report a crime you see. Report, not eliminate. If it isn't your life or life of your relatives or friends endangered, you shouldn't be allow to shoot.

31 minutes ago, RTdeop said:

IMO any player who decides to put their character's  life on the line ICly, and they know for a fact it can lead to a deadly situation for themselves, should be subject to a CK.

Criminals, CCW Heroes, LEO's. An overwhelming majority of players on GTA:WORLD have a [Play to Win] mentality, and that's on all sides. LEO's should be subject to some type of character punishment whether it be a CK, or a name change.

On another note, not many people IRL are going to put themselves in the line of death if they have no reason to, IE CCW Heroes in GTA:WORLD. Yes, there are a small percentage of people who would pull out a gun to stop a crime IRL but they can easily lose their life. I know a person in my hometown who died in a situation like that.

Yep. I love CKs. I adore them.

I think every valid, non-rulebreaking death should be a CK tbh. CK's enforce roleplay standards better than any other metric I can think of. For a lot of people, their characters are very valuable to them, and when it comes to deciding whether or not you should blockwipe that gang that stole an ounce of weed from you, you have actual, real consequences to consider if you fuck it up and get killed. Cop wants to follow a suspect on a footchase into a known gang hangout? Now there's real consequences.

It gets rid of robocops, DM'ers, and poor portrayals. Now you'd really have to sit there and consider whether it's worth the risk to kill someone.

Edited by NickyW
4 minutes ago, Murat said:

This is a lame excuse for powergaming. If you are held at gunpoint, roleplay fear. Only those who have been held at gun point would know the risk.

Having military background doesn’t give you an excuse to Detroit Urban Survival Training the scene. 

If you see how quick gunpoint robberies are, you’d see how flawed people’s role plays are when the act is carried out.

Lol tell that to every criminal out there who excuses a “hardened” life to pull a gun instead of role play an ounce of fear for their lives. 

Kettle, meet pot. 

In any case, people who blatantly break common courtesy in these situations deserve to be banned. Plain and simple. You CK their character, they just rinse and repeat. The cycle starts over.  

Edited by Cypher99

People need to stop expecting someone who chooses to use their character to rob somebody to character kill if they die as a result of something that escalates from their robbery. You're really expecting people to be essentially punished out-of-character for choosing to do something that should revolve around developing your character? Soon enough, anything an illegal character does will fall under a list of reasons to force a character kill. 

Robberies happen. People aren't gaining anything OOC from these robberies. Most people who choose to rob do it as part of their character development (coming from a poorer, struggling background, needs money to provide for others or pay for drugs, etc). People are already risking their character being confined to a jail cell for 4 real life days by choosing to go out and commit an armed robbery. Why should they be expected to risk their whole character for good, while also then being expected to pay money to keep the assets of that character that they've spent endless amounts of time essentially grinding for?

Force CK's are terrible imo, but I'll admit that there's sometimes where they might be warranted for people who genuinely throw their character away. If you want people to be subject to a force CK for simply choosing to commit illegal activities on their character, you'll find a lot of people not wanting to develop a well thought out illegal character as everyday is a chance that you might be forced to throw the character's development away for good.

The idea that somebody could also be forced to CK because of somebody who roleplays a character with a CCW who vigilantly involves themselves unnecessarily in a robbery that does not involve themselves or somebody else is outright ludicrous. 

OT with the suggestion itself: The only way I could see the issue being curbed is by putting people through some form of strenuous process of justifying their homicide, but that endeavours nearer to turning the game into a real life simulation with endless writeups. A simpler writeup could be made to be forwarded to the Firearms Licensing Division, however, while also requiring the permission to remain at the scene of the shooting until cleared by a police officer. I think the latter part is pretty much already the case right now.

Edited by Theory
fixed typo
  • Upvote 1