Crime map

NOTICE: This map serves as a guide to the areas in which crime is either restricted or prohibited, on an out-of-character level. Thus, the colored areas are approximations of what the new rules state, as per the 17th of January, 2022.

For more information and details, please make sure to read the official topic HERE.

17mn8b5.png

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL-SIZED HIGH QUALITY IMAGE

NOT INCLUDED ON THE MAP:

• PROHIBITED: banks, underground subway, clothing stores, barber shops, tattoo parlors, NPC dealerships, gun stores

• RESTRICTED: areas around gun stores

I am 100% sure that I have missed some areas (or maybe added too much?) so if you notice something, please let me know and I'll quickly edit it. It will be much appreciated! 

Edited by Mahitto
  • Upvote 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Applaud 1

I really think that these regions should not include certain alleyways and hidden areas where targets could be more vulnerable, specifically referring to Downtown. Not the smartest idea to rob people, downtown, but alleyways shouldn't be "crime free" or "restricted" to the extent that you have to wait for an admin to confirm whether the person should be targeted.

Like, even that purple road along the countryside, near Tongva. Those regions are rarely patrolled, and if they are, it should be handled ICly. 
Depends on whether a county faction could classify that, as turf. If it's a heat in the moment shooting, then you can't really wait an hour for an admin to permit the act.

Just my opinion.

Edited by DLimit
11 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I really think that these regions should not include certain alleyways and hidden areas where targets could be more vulnerable, specifically referring to Downtown. Not the smartest idea to rob people, downtown, but alleyways shouldn't be "crime free" or "restricted" to the extent that you have to wait for an admin to confirm whether the person should be targeted.

This is already part of the rules, thankfully! "In instances where there is a secluded area close to a No Crime Zone, e.g. an alleyway next to a bank, this is not covered by a No Crime Zone." So I assume the same applies to the restricted crime zones, even more so.

21 hours ago, BjornV said:

Looks nice!

The horseshoe building below the highway in Little Seoul is the court house. Seems like you missed SAPR HQ in Paleto Bay too. Just across the street from the fire station. For real, I was just about to suggest staff to make a map for this so this is amazing.

27 minutes ago, .George said:

@Mahitto as was pointed out, map is only really missing courthouse in Little Seoul, as well as that huge church just below courthouse in Little Seoul, not sure about other parts of the town though.

Thanks for pointing it out, guys. I'll add them today!

16 hours ago, PuzzledQuantity said:

hope this gets stickied at some point, very useful. 

You may want to split it up into two parts, one for the city and one for the county, for visiblity purposes. 

I'd actually create an interactive map like the in-game one but I don't have the technical knowledge to. I'll look into what you said, though!

14 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Like, even that purple road along the countryside, near Tongva. Those regions are rarely patrolled, and if they are, it should be handled ICly. 
Depends on whether a county faction could classify that, as turf. If it's a heat in the moment shooting, then you can't really wait an hour for an admin to permit the act.

Just my opinion.

Those alleyways are not included, actually! This map serves as more of a visual guide, but whoever wants to actually use it will have to read the in-depth rules and know the details, obviously, so they will also know of the few exceptions - the hidden alleyways, as you said, or the various businesses/stores that aren't highlighted on the map but where crime can/can't happen. I didn't add them because I assumed it's easier to tell, even in the heat of the moment, that you're in an area where crime shouldn't take place (in front of a bank, for example), or one in which it could (an alleyway) - it's, however, harder to keep track of the general area and whether you're around something that realistically would prevent you from doing a specific action.

As Nervous stated himself, some parts of the map I agree with, others not so much, but the map is simply a visualization of what the new rules state. I included the Senora freeway, for example, because the rules state that freeways and highways are included too. But I'm sure this will be optimized as we move forward according to the community's response, so it shouldn't be a problem.

• Upvote 1