Racing cars and how do you think that impacts the server?

Pokušaj

10 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

I do not mind quality and proper street racing roleplay. Sadly, most do not roleplay. Most characteristics you can see from street racers are;

- Claiming they had texture loss / nothing loaded for them after crashing into a wall at 100MPH+ in city.

- Just not roleplaying car crashes at all, especially during police pursuits.

- /vp and /vg to reset damages - someone was caught for that and got ajail only.

- They exist almost purely for police pursuits. If not for police pursuits, then to cause havoc to other players by crashing into them and NOT roleplaying those crashes. SAPR would like a word on this.

Yes, you may say fill a player report and/or /report them in-game but that's very difficult to do so if;

- Admins are busy or unavailable to handle such in-game reports.

- You don't know their name nor ID.

PD's Interceptors (aka Police Torrence) used to be a reliable anti-racing traffic police unit, able to catch up even the top tier racing cars you could see on the streets. It could top 140MPH+ speed without any issue (at the cost of terrible handling). As of result, racers were actually afraid of those units and usually be "defeated" by them. That is until the modding team/development team (idk who, I forgot) nerfed them after community's complaints.

While Police Interceptors are still better than most basic police cars (has higher acceleration and handling), they are no longer capable to stop top tier cars in straight roads. Furthermore, PD (and I imagine SD too) stopped pursuing those top tier cars because it simply isn't worth it as we would rather provide traffic roleplay than turn GTA:W into GTA:O Need for Speed because someone was bored and attracted police attention over nothing.

I'm not asking for buffs. I'm asking that there needs to be strict rules over unrealistic street racing roleplay. They have no place in GTA:W unless it is done properly and with roleplay. As in, not self-voiding car crashes by themselves because you see that a LOT.

Ever since Strobe created a realistic Speed Radar system, we caught so many players speeding 100MPH+ in CITY. There is no fear at all. It's unrealistic to drive 100MPH+ in city for no reason. There's no racing in LA so I would like to suggest that there should be rules in place for street racers. At least make it restricted in city but allowed on highways/county as they are more.... safe. For the most part.

EDIT:

I believe Nervous is aware of this problem, he implemented evading clauses. For example, if you evade once? Your car gets impounded for 7 days. Evaded again (second offence)? 14 days. This is good but not a solution to the entire problem. Penal code needs to be revamped, particularly on traffic laws and evasion - they are very relaxed.

So.. I guess what I need to say is that the Interceptor even after being nerfed is still the fastest car on the server, you say the handling is bad yet we tested the car on the test server and it competes with the cornering of a Elegy, and also drives faster than a Pariah in a straight line (After the nerf). When people test the handling of the vehicle they test them on a flat road, yet the Interceptor can go up to 192mph with bumps boosts which are everywhere around the city where the majority of them patrol. Top speed/Interceptor vs Pariah drag race. https://streamable.com/nrhglx https://i.gyazo.com/750170e5de4dbe1421d97a08c16ca6e5.mp4 Handling: https://i.gyazo.com/9660077249e86b02d822e932914f8fbd.mp4 I don't think the issue is with the cars being nerfed, but the lack of driving skill training done for the factions that use these vehicles. (the clips shown are after the interceptor nerf)

Edited by Moonlight
3 minutes ago, Moonlight said:

you say the handling is bad yet we tested the car on the test server and it competes with the cornering of a Elegy, and also drives faster than a Pariah in a straight line (After the nerf).

Let me re-word it better.

It had bad handling when it had top speed of 140MPH+

Now, its handling is excellent with the top speed if 121MPH (which occasionally climbs up to 130).

4 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

Let me re-word it better.

It had bad handling when it had top speed of 140MPH+

Now, its handling is excellent with the top speed if 121MPH (which occasionally climbs up to 130).

Sorry but this is just factually untrue, the top speed goes up to 192 depending on the road, maybe on a flat highway it does that speed, while other vehicles on a flat highway only do 110mph+. If you take in account where the interceptor patrols it's the city, the city has bumps in the road usually on every corner aside from highways. One bump boosts the speed so much in the interceptor where it turns it into a rocket ship reaching 160 within seconds, and a top speed of over 180+ mph. To put it in perceptive, a Comet Retro no matter what you do can't reach those speeds that quickly.

Edited by Moonlight
1 minute ago, Moonlight said:

Sorry but this is just factually untrue, the top speed goes up to 192 depending on the road, maybe on a flat highway it does that speed, while other vehicles on a flat highway only do 110mph+. If you take in account where the interceptor patrols it's the city, the city has bumps in the road usually on every corner aside from highways. One bump boosts the speed so much in the interceptor where it turns it into a rocket ship reaching 160 within seconds, and a top speed of over 180+ mph. To put it in perceptive, a Comet Retro no matter what you do can't reach those speeds that quickly.

You tested it on pre-nerf days... It's 2.6.13 now, your vids show... 2.4.10. The Torrence has been nerfed on FEB 2021.

Try test it right now on test and let me know. You will notice the differences.

best to talk through forum PM, we are derailing the thread.

9 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

You tested it on pre-nerf days... It's 2.6.13 now, your vids show... 2.4.10. The Torrence has been nerfed on FEB 2021.

Try test it right now on test and let me know. You will notice the differences.

best to talk through forum PM, we are derailing the thread.

These clips were taken on the 26 of september 2021.. With the updated script changes done to the test server. If you look at the video I marked "handling:" you'll see it's the new handling to the vehicle as well, which was done on the same day as the other clips.

Edited by Moonlight

I currently have a character and a few friends that I RP a racer with. Majority of the time we're not even racing, we don't primarily base all our RP around racing. Some of us are involved with different factions and gangs. Most of the time we'd go to a "well known race track" and just do a couple of laps and call it a day before we park up and just start socializing. 

I feel like racing has become a very niche thing on the server and there's a lot of people who judge others who race, racers get criticized a lot and to be honest, it's for good reason. The majority of the scene is littered with people who simply just want to race, minimal RP, no consideration for their character and safety. Sadly this is what the majority of racers are. Being labelled a racer on the server feels like a bad thing because of the way people have portrayed them in the past which sucks because there's actually a lot of RP potential around it.

The way I see it is that you need to have a group of people who don't just want to set lap times and do laps all day. The actual racing aspect should be more of a side thing.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Deeman said:

I currently have a character and a few friends that I RP a racer with. Majority of the time we're not even racing, we don't primarily base all our RP around racing. Some of us are involved with different factions and gangs. Most of the time we'd go to a "well known race track" and just do a couple of laps and call it a day before we park up and just start socializing. 

I feel like racing has become a very niche thing on the server and there's a lot of people who judge others who race, racers get criticized a lot and to be honest, it's for good reason. The majority of the scene is littered with people who simply just want to race, minimal RP, no consideration for their character and safety. Sadly this is what the majority of racers are. Being labelled a racer on the server feels like a bad thing because of the way people have portrayed them in the past which sucks because there's actually a lot of RP potential around it.

The way I see it is that you need to have a group of people who don't just want to set lap times and do laps all day. The actual racing aspect should be more of a side thing.

+1

2 minutes ago, Deeman said:

This is pretty much how I feel

9 minutes ago, Deeman said:

+1, I agree with this