Racing cars and how do you think that impacts the server?

Pokušaj

40 minutes ago, Brian said:

Coming from someone who's been into cars for years and years now, went to countless car meets & spent hours upon hours researching about the car community in the United States -- It's not as flashy as they make it ap[...] know a thing or two about cars & the car community, but everyone. 

This is probably the most important stuff, yeah. There is a reason why I explicitly and voluntarily portray my character as a complete dilettante there - knows a bit about engines, car models, but lacks some basic-to-medium-level knowledge, like what foot-heel or how to set up a racing harness. The problem, however, stems from characters that claim to be experts but are lacking very basic knowledge :x 

Like personally? I'd be super glad to make a char who knows nothing about it, gets interested, grows and learn along the way, ... however it gets weird when someone says they're the pro of car stuff and they end up lacking the most basic knowledge 😕 it's the same difficulty I mentioned on another thread.

Now that's for the car scene, specifically. For people driving more sports car than average, I just brush it off as "suspension of disbelief, it's normal in Los Santos" and don't sweat it too much lol, otherwise it would just be impossible. 

Used to do racing rp back in the day with a few cool people. Now what I see of the racing scene is people speeding into grove street to do a handbrake turn in there fully modded rice mobiles with neon and speeding off like it’s part of le mans. 

I think there was some professionally organised racing events last year that played out pretty well with FD and pd involvement. 

4 hours ago, Gambler said:

I swear, put racing cars behind applications or racing factions. All the civilians wanting to be badass at the same time is cringe. At least if they're forced to be fast and furious faction they're gonna look more organized and proper.

This, it's way too easy to get a super car from the Advertisements-section and the majority of the cars there are super cars, where are all the regular cars?
Wish they would put super cars behind application-locks.

I think one word applies: oversaturated.

There's no need for preventive measures as those were tried and tested several times and the fact nobody saw a positive change means it didn't work.

What we do need is a serious culling and put the community's tools and ever so hard-working staff members (this time i mean it) to use their experience and powers to put these low quality shopping cart users in their places.

It's true that there shouldn't be a drawn line on what you can and can't roleplay, but it's also true that you may be prevented and even so punished if you do it wrong.

Either start doing some research and controlling your impulse or you might just see the things you love doing being taken from you.

Don't be afraid to browse the internet or asking people for help before you do something you're not sure of. I wish I had learned this lesson sooner myself, and I regret nowadays. Just hope to see others avoiding going down the same path as myself, as that not only ruins your experience but others' as well. Again, trust me, I'd know best when it comes to being a pestering nuissance.

Edited by Blackbird

Most people you see speeding through the city aren't even roleplaying ''street racers'', i see more reblas or other generic rich boi shit speeding through legion square than jdm crap. Just because a car is riced out doesn't mean the player driving it rps their character being into cars.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Shiro said:

Most people you see speeding through the city aren't even roleplaying ''street racers'', i see more reblas or other generic rich boi shit speeding through legion square than jdm crap. Just because a car is riced out doesn't mean the player driving it rps their character being into cars.

It's just people not knowing how to drive on rp server. They drive however they want instead. Then their computer doesn't have time to render the city properly and they blame it on desync, when infact their high speed is at fault. I'd personally like to see more car meets, given my character likes muscle cars, but people stoppd having car meets, partying and all that.

Edited by Engelbert