Racing cars and how do you think that impacts the server?

Pokušaj

There's nothing wrong with portraying a racing crew or a character passionate about (illegal) racing. Unfortunately, most of them are not being properly portrayed but rather as an outlet for people to show off and drive chaotically. But again, if it's properly role-played, all power to you.

Properly roleplaying a character about illegal racing is exactly what is happening a lot less than people just buying unjustifiably expensive modded cars for their characters and acting like it's pretty normal. How do you represent a poor criminal who is struggling to find work but drive a sports car? Guess that's what this thread is about and not the people who actually put in the effort to roleplay a backstory to their fancy cars

Its only okay if the chick operating the vehicle has dyed their hair the same color as their vehicle. Or else it is unacceptable. 

In all seriousness, I'm not too bothered by these players and I let them do as they please. Do I judge them? Hell yeah, I will most likely not take anyone serious who drives vehicles like that, even if someone has "proper development" for it. The fact they choose to roleplay a character that is this stereotypical just makes me feel like the roleplay experience they could possibly provide me with will be as original as the concept they portray. 

Edited by Martyn

I think that @Mahitto got it pretty good.

It has always been my opinion that it's okay to roleplay something, as long as it is portrayed properly.

Although in real life illegal street racers are at the fringes of society, in GTA:W they're very common.

It's going to be interesting to see what will happen with the racers since the new RADAR script got implemented. Measuring speed went from being hard moving, and time consuming ICly for stationary, to something that could very easily be done in both methods.

Not only that, but any basic patrol car can now chase you down for going 5 miles per hour over the speed limit (10% correction calculated ofc).

The first day of the RADAR script I've only seen a fraction of the racers around, and caught 2 at the same time both clocked at 116 mph and 117 mph on a 60 mph road.

17 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Although in real life illegal street racers are at the fringes of society, in GTA:W they're very common.

I think the problem is the 200k money they get on the start, they should lower it at least to 100k cause people first get the car, then they get apartment or whatever they need. Instead of doing that, they should not be bothered with 100-150-200k cars and find some job to stick around with, to actually develop it into someone who has passion for cars if they want to, or at least go around dealerships, start working there or mechanic garages, participate at the shows and so on. People very often make that mistake on the start, they buy a car, spend at least 100k, get a gun, 40-60k and go around robbing people in their fancy cars, bait cops, act up too much.

They wouldn't be buying these cars if they worked for 4k/h, sadly.

Edited by Pokušaj
22 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Its only okay if the chick operating the vehicle has dyed their hair the same color as their vehicle. Or else it is unacceptable. 

In all seriousness, I'm not too bothered by these players and I let them do as they please. Do I judge them? Hell yeah, I will most likely not take anyone serious who drives vehicles like that, even if someone has "proper development" for it. The fact they choose to roleplay a character that is this stereotypical just makes me feel like the roleplay experience they could possibly provide me with will be as original as the concept they portray. 

So if a person (male or female) roleplays a person who has a sports car that is not uber modified and starts off rusted and he puts in effort to repair is someone you'd expect better RP from?

As in every part of this divers community you can expect some bad apples around every area, for example in illegal racing. I think there is a big gap from some mentalities that expect on one side to get in pursuits and escape and that's all for them , that the whole part of illegal racing, and there is that side where the adrenaline and the missing legal tracks where they could get their car on. These sides are meeting at one point and collide and that's why you see some outstanding roleplay from some racers and some garbage situations with the bad ones. Here matters not the money, but the way that each individual sees the real life example and in some cases the anime side of it. Yea, I've seen bad racers doing stupid things and being stupid in general, but I've seen some that were bros and got to help you and also develop their own story by interacting with you. I hope that in the near future more people would put more time in creating a story for their character as a racer because you face a lot of dangerous things from wild animals, to encounter civilians and having a deadly crash with them. 

I swear, put racing cars behind applications or racing factions. All the civilians wanting to be badass at the same time is cringe. At least if they're forced to be fast and furious faction they're gonna look more organized and proper.

Edited by Gambler