Forbid the facemask meta

Kappaurel

Hello! Coming to bring up some recent (December-January) issue I've been noticing which is... The Facemask Meta among illegal players!

For play to win reasons, many characters (illegal characters, gang members and the sort, to be more clear) have started wearing face masks! Like the COVID ones, yeah

61+ilDgVVwS._UX569_.jpg

The only reason they do this is to use the script to hide their name which helps them in the commission of crimes. As we all know, COVID is not roleplayed in our server, and as we all know, no one used these when there was no COVID.

I don't know where this trend comes from, I think some illegal probably came up with the bright idea of using it to conceal their names, since, as opposed to balaclavas or ski masks you can just go "I have allergies, I have a cold, I am scared of viruses!" and no one can really question why you always wearing a mask.

So yeah, that's my grain of salt, please forbid the use of the /maskname command when using these! However, this is a DISCUSSION THREAD, so maybe I'm wrong! I wanna read your opinions.

Just now, Momo's Revenge said:

those masks predate covid and they can also be rp'd as dust masks anyways. 

nothing wrong here. people could say those responses before covid as well. 

I wouldn't even call it a meta considering it's not even common. 

It is really common in South Central, trust me.

A mask is a mask, no matter how it looks. As far as it covers a portion of your face? It does the job. 

6 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

or play to win reasons, many characters (illegal characters, gang members and the sort, to be more clear) have started wearing face masks!

How is it play to win? It's just another mask used to hide your face and make yourself less recognizable. 

Even if you didn't have the " MASK " in your nametag you shouldn't metagame because like I said before. It's a mask that's covering a portion of your face

Just now, Fasholy said:

A mask is a mask, no matter how it looks. As far as it covers a portion of your face? It does the job. 

How is it play to win? It's just another mask used to hide your face and make yourself less recognizable. 

Even if you didn't have the " MASK " in your nametag you shouldn't metagame because like I said before. It's a mask that's covering a portion of your face

It is play to win because people do it just to get a benefit, their characters don't really have a proper backstory or reason why they wear face masks.

And no, no one in Los Angeles used to wear face masks before COVID, except for some very specific people.

Oh boy, it's the "I shot the dashcam" metagaming all over again...

Just have police deem it suspicious reason for prompting an interaction, as there is currently no IC reason for people to be wearing masks, and it shouldn't be hard to argue that most mask usage can be tied to criminal activities.

It'll die in the cradle when criminals discover that it just makes investigating them easier to justify.

Easy fix.

Edited by DasFroggy
6 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

It is play to win because people do it just to get a benefit, their characters don't really have a proper backstory or reason why they wear face masks.

Let it be an IC issue bro. Maybe they just like how it looks or they don't want people to see their face. 

Instead of debating, question it IC.

And if you're a cop, start stopping people on the streets and tell them to take the mask off their face.

Edited by Fasholy