Jump to content

State of civilian roleplay and portrayal


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Hotwire said:

I wish people wouldn't just hate on the whole gang community, most of the people doing these outlandish type of roleplay are usually outcasted inside of the gang community.

 

For some reason it's allowed. I don't know why it it's the case that you can make thinly-veiled OOC racist comments about gang roleplay yet the moment you poke fun at some of the roleplay that comes from people who use this as a chat/social platform it's suddenly deemed toxic. There's double standards to this shit. If you point out that actually a 16 year old in one of the gang official factions has a far better portrayal than the 21 year old white college kid running around shooting criminals like a vigilante, it's called trolling. What the fuck is even going on anymore? There's civilian characters roleplaying all sorts of crazy, wacky shit on here who will come on the forums and post about this without any self-awareness or reflection at all. There's a handful of civilian adult characters that are not affiliated with the LSSD that are even close to believable, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Edited by roleplayer234
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, roleplayer234 said:

 

For some reason it's allowed. I don't know why it it's the case that you can make thinly-veiled OOC racist comments about gang roleplay yet the moment you poke fun at some of the roleplay that comes from people who use this as a chat/social platform it's suddenly deemed toxic. There's double standards to this shit. If you point out that actually a 16 year old in one of the gang official factions has a far better portrayal than the 21 year old white college kid running around shooting criminals like a vigilante, it's called trolling. What the fuck is even going on anymore? 

Yup. Double-standards. 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Hotwire said:

I wish people wouldn't just hate on the whole gang community, most of the people doing these outlandish type of roleplay are usually outcasted inside of the gang community. More and more gangs always find a way or try to cut interactions with those type of gang but sadly nothing is being done about them. There are so many good gang roleplayers but the bad ones are the people that don't get reported and don't get punished. 

 

I agree with this sentiment. Too easily are (M) robbing squads conflated with gang roleplay in general.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:


Part of it comes from the sheer lack of (M) characters who aren't part of a gang.

 

But that's because of the rules, right? Anyway, this veers away too far from the topic.

Link to comment

I find it unbelievably ironic to see people in this thread complain about civilian rpers staying inside of interiors, I wonder why you'd always want to stay inside of a locked building when you can't walk two blocks without the threat of roving gangs waving guns in your face and demanding money. LS should be classified as third world, it has the crime rates of Somalia, but at least in Somalia you can safely walk down your neighborhood to work without the fear a man in a mask will approach you. 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Torlo said:

I find it unbelievably ironic to see people in this thread complain about civilian rpers staying inside of interiors, I wonder why you'd always want to stay inside of a locked building when you can't walk two blocks without the threat of roving gangs waving guns in your face and demanding money. LS should be classified as third world, it has the crime rates of Somalia, but at least in Somalia you can safely walk down your neighborhood to work without the fear a man in a mask will approach you. 

 

Go to any big city IRL and see what happens when you walk around in the wrong neighborhood alone at night lmao

 

I've played on this server for almost two years now and I've only been robbed once and I provoked the people who did it.

 

Sometimes I feel like the people who complain about the crime rate are just...kinda sheltered and don't really know how to be safe in urban areas.

Link to comment
Just now, NickyW said:

 

Go to any big city IRL and see what happens when you walk around in the wrong neighborhood alone at night lmao

 

I've played on this server for almost two years now and I've only been robbed once and I provoked the people who did it.

 

Sometimes I feel like the people who complain about the crime rate are just...kinda sheltered and don't really know how to be safe in urban areas.

I've been playing on this server on an off for about 4 years now, you can't even park your car at the beach by the pier without the threat of being robbed. And not to mention being an NA player, is my character simply never allowed to go for a walk at all? He lives in Vespucci and has been robbed 4+ times for daring to walk down the boardwalk alone. 

Link to comment
Just now, Torlo said:

I've been playing on this server on an off for about 4 years now, you can't even park your car at the beach by the pier without the threat of being robbed. And not to mention being an NA player, is my character simply never allowed to go for a walk at all? He lives in Vespucci and has been robbed 4+ times for daring to walk down the boardwalk alone. 

 

Vespucci is one of the worst, crime-ridden areas on the server. It's like walking through the Rancho projects and complaining about being robbed.

 

I'm sorry but that just doesn't make sense to me.

Link to comment
  • Gore locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...