State of civilian roleplay and portrayal

roleplayer234

5 minutes ago, JeromeJackson said:

i happen to literally live in nyc and while i do think the nypd's tactics are horrible i have never once been the witness to any crime and ended up being detained after calling 911

they ask if im the complaintant/reporting party i say yes and they say okay, never once have i been searched "just to make sure you're not involved" when myself and other people standing around all said we were witnesses who called and have no involvement in the crime 

people need to stop watching those youtube videos and end of watch type movies cuz the rp these guys provide due to this is really bad

ya'll might have fun going around being a complete dickhead giving tickets for going 10 over the speed limit or "switching lanes too fast" but everyone else doesnt

I lived in Brooklyn, and would get stopped and questioned for merely walking down the sidewalk, minding my own business. Harassed for smoking a cigar, using the "Is that a weed blunt" for an excuse, which then leads to constant questioning and requests to search my person. Friends would get searched for simply matching the description of a robbery, a few blocks down. Same has happened in Toronto. You might've had a great experience, but not a lot of people undergo your experiences, either.

Victims become suspects... victims get harassed, too, by police. It happens. Constant records of Law enforcement undergoing Ego trips or abusing their authority. Constant records of situations where victims and witnesses are treated like suspects for "their safety".

Don't even want to turn this a rant about Police, in real life, but it happens.

Edited by DLimit
Just now, DLimit said:

I lived in Brooklyn, and would get stopped and questioned for merely walking down the sidewalk, minding my own business. Harassed for smoking a cigar, using the "Is that a weed blunt" for an excuse, which then leads to constant questioning and requests to search my person. Friends would get searched for simply matching the description of a robbery, a few blocks down. Same has happened in Toronto. You might've had a great experience, but not a lot of people undergo your experiences, either.

Victims become suspects... victims get harassed, too, by police. It happens.

LOL i could understand if they actually roleplay fishing for something but they dont they literally just pull up like "get on the wall" "pat down frisk." "get on the wall or you will be arrested for obstruction" "you are disobeying a lawful order" half of them dont even know what a lawful order is LOL just cuz the cop gives u an order doesnt mean its lawful

6 minutes ago, JeromeJackson said:

LOL i could understand if they actually roleplay fishing for something but they dont they literally just pull up like "get on the wall" "pat down frisk." "get on the wall or you will be arrested for obstruction" "you are disobeying a lawful order" half of them dont even know what a lawful order is LOL just cuz the cop gives u an order doesnt mean its lawful

Kind of like real life. Go ask for a supervisor. If they fail to? File an IC complaint.

Take it ICly, is what I'm saying.

EDIT: Could turn it into a huge case, against them. Could even defame them, completely. Could try to change legislation to enforce more "Community Policing" over the harsh tactics presented during your case. Imagine having mental anguish and using that against Law enforcement, proclaiming that you, a victim, lost faith in the department for portraying you as a suspect during a traumatic situation. SO many ways to go at it. Let it develop your character.

My char had a 4-month beef with a few deputies over abuse... it was very immersive and engaging.

@Capslock

Edited by DLimit
  • Thanks 1

People talking about horrible tactics and methods in PD. I am not an American so this perhaps may come as offensive, but considering the crime rate across United States, don't you think, that what PD does is watered down version of wartime version of perimeter check? I personally was stopped randomly on the street and asked for ID many times. I was given a short test after I was caught jaywalking, but here it is widely accepted, cause our laws define what cops CAN and what cops CANNOT do. Server goes even further. It is always safe to assume, that regular traffic stop will turn into shootout, because if we take everything IC and make a statistics, we could come to results, that every third patrol is being shot at during a traffic stop, cause vehicle is stolen, occupants are on drugs and just robbed or killed someone. 

Edited by Engelbert
  • Gore locked this topic