State of civilian roleplay and portrayal

roleplayer234

4 minutes ago, joshua said:

sounds like the LAPD to me, dude. they're doing their job of portrayal pretty well

either way, IC issue

?

obviously its an ic issue but is this not a discussion about the state of roleplay or am i in the wrong section

responding to any statement on this thread with "it's ic" is retarded considering the very first post and other responses to this thread are complaints about peoples' negative interactions with different groups of roleplayers

Edited by JeromeJackson
  • Thanks 1

Must civilian hubs I visit are just criminal hubs disguised as civilian hubs, which is fine. The few “true civilian” hubs out there are very small, and typically dedicated to a particular niche. Because “civilian” is such a large concept, it’s difficult to find a larger hub because it’s hard to lump such a large diverse group together. It’s also hard to separate the illegal aspects out of civilian life because criminal life is basically civilian life. 

Without going on a tangent, I think the server could really do with more support and facilitation of plain civilian life. Everyone benefits from that, criminals cops and especially civilians - including  everyone in between. 

Edited by eTaylor
Typos
14 minutes ago, JeromeJackson said:

?

obviously its an ic issue but is this not a discussion about the state of roleplay or am i in the wrong section

responding to any statement on this thread with "it's ic" is retarded considering the very first post and other responses to this thread are complaints about peoples' negative interactions with different groups of roleplayers

How I perceive that scene that you have posted? It's a very common police encounter within a high-risk crime scene, especially in L.S./L.A.

The bigger issue revolves around having four cruisers pulling over a person for a routine traffic stop, but that is a different discussion.

6 minutes ago, DLimit said:

How I perceive that scene that you have posted? It's a very common police encounter within a high-risk crime scene, especially in L.S./L.A.

The bigger issue revolves around having four cruisers pulling over a person for a routine traffic stop, but that is a different discussion.

to me that sounds like an opinion considering any of these types of "negative" encounters ruin our roleplay experience

im merely pointing at some law enforcement roleplayers' inability to actually roleplay some type of emotion or integrity and instead rather just go around giving tickets, barking orders and threats, and getting physical with us which in turns results in resisting arrest and other trumped up charges that just make people not wanna interact with cops

it gives me a robocop/scripted rp type of vibe

Edited by JeromeJackson

Civilian roleplay is weak because there's little to no punishment for low quality roleplay. Same goes for illegal roleplay, and so on. Players will keep doing their low quality roleplay because they notice the punishment for such low quality roleplay is weak. I'm 100% sure most players who care for their roleplay will care if they see people get banned for breaking over one or two rules in the same situation; which should be the norm. This isn't fault of administration at all as they try so hard to do their work.

As for civilian roleplay, illegal roleplay, and legal roleplay? Grouping off sort of roleplays into categories creates a linear mode of thinking for lesser experienced players (which behold, creates poor roleplay).  Players who think "i'm a cop" will only try to think as a cop at all times, same goes with those who think "i'm a criminal" will think like a criminal all the time. Being a cop is secondary to how a character should be, and being a criminal is secondary (and I guess being a sex fiend should be secondary). Either way I just believe we should remove these categories of roleplay and just have characters. 

3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I mean this one has been chewed out for so long. LEOs don't just pull up to routine stops for shits and jiggles in great force, it's a response to the high amount of not any escalation, but straight up Homicide on Officers before they even had the chance to step out the vehicle after pulling one for a minor traffic violation. So realistically, they minimize the risk of their death over what would have been a warning or ticket at best by calling for backup. Same as real life, the rule of thumb is 'there can never be enough backup' and if that means one can safely do their job and make it home alive at the end of the day, so be it. Afterall, this whole thing is a man made problem caused by those jumping the gun right away, similar to the crippled drug market when you push away your customers by robbing or scamming them right after in 9 out of 10 cases, adding up to this toxic environment and divide rather than natural mixing and interactions amongst the population instead of exclusively staying in your own bubble all time only doing shooting tootin and drug slinging 24/7, moving only between apartment and club or only being seen patrolling and logging in and out at your police/sheriff station.

• Applaud 1
On 1/25/2022 at 12:46 AM, Gallagher said:

take a step back and think about what the server would look like if the police had facial recognition and 'video cameras everywhere'

A server with properly planned crime, instead of random shootouts that claim 10% of our population monthly?

Sounds good to me fam

Edited by pateuvasiliu
2 hours ago, JeromeJackson said:

This is a video game. For the sake of making the experience enjoyable for everybody at least try to roleplay. Nobody wants to deal with a "hello im officer john hancock with the lspd, can i have your license, registration and proof of insurance please" cop. Try to switch it up so it doesn't seem so robotic and scripted. Responding officers could have easily identified us as the reporting party had they actually tried to roleplay and not just force us on the wall to search. A realistic procedure would have been to secure the scene, There were people on the ground bleeding out and weapons laying on the ground unsecured. That doesn't happen IRL. The goal of roleplaying as a cop is to have fun and roleplay law enforcement not oppress the public (gang roleplayers & legal civilian characters). You're a cop IRL you mean to tell me you're just gonna detain every person on the street a shooting happened near to search them and ignore the dying people and unsecure firearms on the ground? Probably gonna wake up the next morning to a civil suit.

Lol, this. So true. Every time I interact with LEOs I pray it's the LSSD that I get because they're just more engaging and seem to actually care about roleplaying with the community rather than "policing the server". The attitude differences shown on the forums towards crime by LSPD members on the forums compared to LSSD members really demonstrates the issue well.

2 minutes ago, roleplayer234 said:

Lol, this. So true. Every time I interact with LEOs I pray it's the LSSD that I get because they're just more engaging and seem to actually care about roleplaying with the community rather than "policing the server". The attitude differences shown on the forums towards crime by LSPD members on the forums compared to LSSD members really demonstrates the issue well.

I was once followed from Vinewood onto the highway and into Sandy Shores by an LSPD cop, who then pulled me over to inform me that I was traveling in the incorrect lane. That I should have been in the right lane unless I was passing someone. There was no one else on the road but the two of us.

😒

2 hours ago, Woona said:

As for civilian roleplay, illegal roleplay, and legal roleplay? Grouping off sort of roleplays into categories creates a linear mode of thinking for lesser experienced players (which behold, creates poor roleplay).  Players who think "i'm a cop" will only try to think as a cop at all times, same goes with those who think "i'm a criminal" will think like a criminal all the time. Being a cop is secondary to how a character should be, and being a criminal is secondary (and I guess being a sex fiend should be secondary). Either way I just believe we should remove these categories of roleplay and just have characters. 

This very much ties into an event I've seen happen a lot.

Off duty cop trying to RP at X establishment. Criminal RPer shows up, and says "Oh that's the cop that arrested my homie's brother's roommate's friend's cousin. I better kill him. Or start shit with him at the very least."

The same people who will then complain that LEO RPers only RP on duty and it's a thing of "Okay well why would I go anywhere other than duty if that's what I have to look forward to?"

Not that I support only on dutyLeo's. But I mean, they make it difficult sometimes. And it shouldn't be.

• Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic