State of civilian roleplay and portrayal

roleplayer234

1 hour ago, Natala said:

I happened to open my coffee shop on the pier today, just as the robbery rules came into effect, not deliberate, I was planning to open either way.
The pier has always been a mugging hot spot, which is a shame because it is such a great rp environment.

I don't know if it was because it was Sunday, it can be a bit random, but I definitely saw an increase in people dropping by and I had two people message me saying that the reason they came down to have a coffee at the pier was because of the new robbery rules that made them feel safe enough to come down there.

I just felt like sharing something positive. 

So thank you! ❤️

Yes! This a million times over, my character who lives by the beach now *gasps* walks on the beach! It's amazing to actually have the opportunity to roleplay.

Edited by Torlo
  • Applaud 1

I suppose one thing I’ll be curious to see is how the reports section changes. Not everyone is going to read these rules. You’re still going to get your 4-man deep car robberies that aren’t in factions who will ultimately end up punished, only difference now that every mugging is going to be a report with “are these guys in an illegal faction?” just to make sure they are following the rules. 

Will be interesting to see. Glad to hear people are already coming out of their houses for the coffee shop on the pier. That’s promising. 

16 hours ago, NickyW said:

Go to any big city IRL and see what happens when you walk around in the wrong neighborhood alone at night lmao

Not every single neighbourhood in a city is the "wrong neighbourhood" though. However, people who wanna rob will go to those areas because unlike IRL, it wouldn't take an hour for them to drive all the way there, due to the map size it takes five minutes.

19 hours ago, Cypher99 said:

I suppose one thing I’ll be curious to see is how the reports section changes. Not everyone is going to read these rules. You’re still going to get your 4-man deep car robberies that aren’t in factions who will ultimately end up punished, only difference now that every mugging is going to be a report with “are these guys in an illegal faction?” just to make sure they are following the rules. 

Will be interesting to see. Glad to hear people are already coming out of their houses for the coffee shop on the pier. That’s promising. 

It wouldn't be so bad if the rules weren't so complicated, they need to be simplified a bit.. 

• Upvote 1
On 1/16/2022 at 5:05 PM, Torlo said:

I myself live in Chicago, and have walked downtown at various hours of the night. Never have I ever, in my many many years and times of doing so felt any threat of imminent robbery or danger because even at the most absurd hours of the night there's several people walking the streets. This isn't the case on GTAW and the amazingly deeply portrayed characters who chain rob in downtown LS abuse this - somehow being at a bank in the CENTER of downtown LS is a bad neighborhood now.

Yeah, because people choose to stay inside of their interiors instead of collectively making neighborhoods active. Average neighborhood has a minimum of 8 people outside, maximum of 50. 400-800 people are online, on average. If people roleplayed outside, as a community? This probably would never be the case. Too many witnesses, and one would more than likely call "911" to report the crime in action.

I've been saying this since the beginning. Build a community.

2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Yeah, because people choose to stay inside of their interiors instead of collectively making neighborhoods active. Average neighborhood has a minimum of 8 people outside, maximum of 50. 400-800 people are online, on average. If people roleplayed outside, as a community? This probably would never be the case. Too many witnesses, and one would more than likely call "911" to report the crime in action.

I've been saying this since the beginning. Build a community.

Yes, because the number of potential witnesses has historically had any affect on the crime we see on this server.

https://streamable.com/ugnxki

https://streamable.com/3p98l1

We see people loot bodies infront if law enforcement on a semi-regular basis. Let's be honest when we say that groups of civilians isn't a bigger threat to PUBG robbers, it's just a bigger potential score.

6 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Yes, because the number of potential witnesses has historically had any affect on the crime we see on this server.

https://streamable.com/ugnxki

https://streamable.com/3p98l1

We see people loot bodies infront if law enforcement on a semi-regular basis. Let's be honest when we say that groups of civilians isn't a bigger threat to PUBG robbers, it's just a bigger potential score.

These are small cases. Listing 1-2 cases that happen every month doesn't mean that it is extremely common. These small group of individuals could be reported and banned from the server, instead.

In fact, I am 100% sure that those "mass-shooters" were banned from the server. It's a small minority.

As for the looters? Stricter punishments should be enforced, then. 

Edited by DLimit
6 minutes ago, DLimit said:

These are small cases. Listing 1-2 cases that happen every month doesn't mean that it is extremely common. 

Those are both cases from the past week. Doesnt really make a difference regardless; you can say I'm cherry picking but it doesn't neglect the fact that existing in groups only deters roleplayers who actually give a shit about not being caught. The majority of the PUBG shitters that are complained about on this server couldn't care one way or the other.

I could show you a case from last week where someone was shot in the face during a robbery because they shouted to witnesses for help, but I'm sure you'll write that off as another isolated incident as well.

Edited by Fancy Toothpaste
7 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Those are both cases from the past week. Doesnt really make a difference regardless; you can say I'm cherry picking but ot doesn't neglect the fact that existing in groups only deters roleplayers who actually give a shit about not being caught. The majority of the PUBG shitters that are complained about on this server couldn't care one way or the other.

I could show you a case from last week where someone was shot in the face during a robbery because they shouted to witnesses for help, but I'm sure you'll write that off as another isolated incident as well.

I've read the reports. 

The whole "shouting for help" thing would more than likely get a person shot, in the real world, out of sheer impulse. Some robbers would run away and others would shoot out of impulse. If I screamed for help, in my hood? I'd get shot. It wasn't like the victim was running away from a person with a blade or a hammer, screaming for help. The victim pulled that off with a gun aimed at them... that's one of the stupidest moves that you could do.

Not comparable to the "group" argument, at all, anyway.

I'm just so surprised that I can stand outside, for hours on end, and only get robbed 3 times in 2021, but a small minority of people seem to have this issue of, and I paraphrase "Getting mugged seconds after getting mugged".

EDIT: It's still a small minority that commit these poorly portrayed robberies. Report them. I believe admins should be more stricter with those type of punishments, though.

Edited by DLimit
  • Gore locked this topic