State of civilian roleplay and portrayal

roleplayer234

Just now, eTaylor said:

36F00AEC-FACF-4DAE-8754-EC66E70B7BEB.jpeg.014b096b82fd35c07ab1dd9486bb27a8.jpeg

Happens everywhere, dude. Didn't even mention south-central. 

As much as I'd like to run higher-level events, career fairs, etc, I'm just a cop. I've got suggestions that are considered, and that's the best I can do. 
You can keep missing the point, though, which was that, at a base level, most people don't want to talk to cops. 

9 minutes ago, Kari said:

Happens everywhere, dude. Didn't even mention south-central. 

As much as I'd like to run higher-level events, career fairs, etc, I'm just a cop. I've got suggestions that are considered, and that's the best I can do. 
You can keep missing the point, though, which was that, at a base level, most people don't want to talk to cops. 

I suppose I’m just missing your point, maybe that’s because I haven’t had any of the issues you’re having with my character. Maybe you’ll have more luck if you character talked to people interested in talking, instead of talking to people who don’t want to talk. I can’t think of a reason why your character would want to push engagement with people who are hostile or otherwise aggravated towards him/her. 

Just now, eTaylor said:

I suppose I’m just missing your point, maybe that’s because I haven’t had any of the issues you’re having with my character. Maybe you’ll have more luck if you character talked to people interested in talking, instead of talking to people who don’t want to talk. I can’t think of a reason why your character would want to push engagement with people who are hostile or otherwise aggravated towards him/her. 

I've never said that 100% of engagements suck ass, because, they don't. There are people who /are/ interested, but, you kinda have to poke around to find them, and poking around means that you poke bears sometimes, or, in this case, rather frequently. It's just how it be. You're more than welcome to DM me any LEO community-engagement strats you've picked up, not claiming to be perfect or even knowledgeable, i'm just doing my best. 

4 hours ago, JeromeJackson said:

thats not standard procedure lol you don't call 911 to report a shooting and end up being detained and search, dunno what procedure you following but thats not how its done

Are you out of your mind? No one leaves a shooting scene without being patted down. And you were saying you were with multiple people. What, does 911 protection extend to your next of kin? Get a grip.

5 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

Are you out of your mind? No one leaves a shooting scene without being patted down. And you were saying you were with multiple people. What, does 911 protection extend to your next of kin? Get a grip.

ah so you're one of those lmao

if police respond to a shooting lets say at a grocery store irl and they arrive to see people standing around recording and pretty much just watching or doing whatever else, they don't go around detaining and searching every single person

that shit is stupid as fuck and is the exact reason why people dont like police roleplayers who don't know how to roleplay anything other than /ticket, /arrest and those who only respond to shoot outs. theres ticketable or arrestable offenses that are completely discretionary however because half of u dont know how to rp a cop you just arrest and ticket for any offense possible instead of trying to rp some sort of emotion or affection toward other ppl and instead just act like literal robots

learn how to actually roleplay being a police officer, interview witnesses, roleplay with the people around you instead of just forcing law enforcement authority over other players, at the end of the day the police are not here to police the server they're here to provide law enforcement roleplay

Edited by JeromeJackson
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, JeromeJackson said:

ah so you're one of those lmao

if police respond to a shooting lets say at a grocery store irl and they arrive to see people standing around recording and pretty much just watching or doing whatever else, they don't go around detaining and searching every single person

that shit is stupid as fuck and is the exact reason why people dont like police roleplayers who don't know how to roleplay anything other than /ticket, /arrest and those who only respond to shoot outs. theres ticketable or arrestable offenses that are completely discretionary however because half of u dont know how to rp a cop you just arrest and ticket for any offense possible instead of trying to rp some sort of emotion or affection toward other ppl and instead just act like literal robots

learn how to actually roleplay being a police officer, interview witnesses, roleplay with the people around you instead of just forcing law enforcement authority over other players, at the end of the day the police are not here to police the server they're here to provide law enforcement roleplay

"half of u dont know how to rp a cop you just arrest and ticket for any offense possible instead of trying to rp some sort of emotion or affection toward other ppl and instead just act like literal robots"

I only WISH this happened in the U.S. or Canada. In real life, over here? They just want their quotas. They don't care about who you are, most the time. They'll ticket and arrest you while undergoing an Ego trip for even politely asking the the reason of detainment or arrest.

"Why am I being detained?"

"Okay, turn around. Hands behind your back."

This is L.A./L.S., we're talking about... LSPD has a worst rep than the NYPD in regards to corruption and heartlessness. 

They even actively hunt to charge people over petty crimes, during certain seasons, to persuade the state or city to increase their budget. Back in my time, They called it "Spring Cleaning" or something along those lines. Caught standing in the plaza too long? Leads to questioning (borderline harassment) for loitering, attempting to justify searching your person etc... petty things like that.

EDIT: I R.P. illegal... only complained once about the RP standards out of the 100 times that I've interacted with police.

Edited by DLimit
6 minutes ago, DLimit said:

"half of u dont know how to rp a cop you just arrest and ticket for any offense possible instead of trying to rp some sort of emotion or affection toward other ppl and instead just act like literal robots"

I only WISH this happened in the U.S. or Canada. In real life, over here? They just want their quotas. They don't care about who you are, most the time. They'll ticket and arrest you while undergoing an Ego trip for even politely asking the the reason of detainment or arrest.

"Why am I being detained?"

"Okay, turn around. Hands behind your back."

This is L.A./L.S., we're talking about... LSPD has a worst rep than the NYPD in regards to corruption and heartlessness. 

EDIT: I R.P. illegal... only complained once about the RP standards out of the 100 times that I've interacted with police.

i happen to literally live in nyc and while i do think the nypd's tactics are horrible i have never once been the witness to any crime and ended up being detained after calling 911

they ask if im the complaintant/reporting party i say yes and they say okay, never once have i been searched "just to make sure you're not involved" when myself and other people standing around all said we were witnesses who called and have no involvement in the crime 

people need to stop watching those youtube videos and end of watch type movies cuz the rp these guys provide due to this is really bad

ya'll might have fun going around being a complete dickhead giving tickets for going 10 over the speed limit or "switching lanes too fast" but everyone else doesnt. instead of having ur ooc conversations on ts u should be focused on providing actual quality rp

Edited by JeromeJackson
  • Gore locked this topic