State of civilian roleplay and portrayal

roleplayer234

14 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

I was once followed from Vinewood onto the highway and into Sandy Shores by an LSPD cop, who then pulled me over to inform me that I was traveling in the incorrect lane. That I should have been in the right lane unless I was passing someone. There was no one else on the road but the two of us.

😒

I got fined for negligent driving because I went from right to left lane when I wanted to turn left after. They told me it's dangerous to switch lanes lol. It was also at midnight with 0 cars around. Everybody shits on illegal roleplay but so many cops here are just built different. 

On 1/14/2022 at 1:37 PM, Mahitto said:

Honestly, you can give that same argument for gangs. There are lots of comical, unrealistic civilian characters and there are lots of equally unrealistic and comical gang characters. There's really not that much to do - stay away from them and stick with the ones who have proper characters.

fax

On 1/28/2022 at 1:43 PM, JeromeJackson said:

PD is a joke when it comes to roleplay quality IMO. I RP on one character that is a legal-civilian and I have had quite a few negative interactions with PD cops, especially the supervisors. SD always provides good RP and the deputies find time to flip the switch and actually engage w the community icly (ive seen them pull up to car meets and actually hang out and talk to ppl, talk to random ppl on the street about pretty much nothing just to build some kind of positive dialogue). Just yesterday I had a PD supervisor detain me and 3 friends who were all wearing suits walking out of the clothing store after calling 911 because a group of illegal rpers with the (M) in their names decided to have a massive shoot out right in front. Anyway, the supervisor orders everyone to get on the wall for a pat down, completely ignoring our RP of us trying to show him our phones and stuff showing we called 911. All while there were dead suspects on the floor and evidence everywhere (shell casings, loose guns that should have been secured immediately upon arriving) It was like he was going off some kind of script instead of actually roleplaying. Just barking orders, threatening with obstruction charges and so forth. Sry to derail the thread.

When you have a shooting you check everyone present to see if they were armed. This is standard procedure. They're not gonna let you go just because you ask nicely.

1 hour ago, averycoolguy said:

When you have a shooting you check everyone present to see if they were armed. This is standard procedure. They're not gonna let you go just because you ask nicely.

thats not standard procedure lol you don't call 911 to report a shooting and end up being detained and search, dunno what procedure you following but thats not how its done

On 1/28/2022 at 6:43 AM, JeromeJackson said:

SD always provides good RP and the deputies find time to flip the switch and actually engage w the community icly (ive seen them pull up to car meets and actually hang out and talk to ppl, talk to random ppl on the street about pretty much nothing just to build some kind of positive dialogue). 

Reveal hidden contents

IPaFl3c.png

UtnF8RB.png

DxrSntg.png

Just gonna pitch in on this specific part, because I can

community-engagement is demotivating. Half of the community icly/oocly hates you, and both are just as burnout inducing, which is (admittedly) realistic as of 2022, but do you think it's fun to go around trying to rp w/ people to simply get a "Fuck 12!" or be called a dyke in return? 

can't expect us to wanna walk across a sea of glass to get a pair of shoes, when we could also just focus on other types of RP that /provide/ that aforementioned "positive dialogue". 

Hard agree, though, community engagement when it works is super fun. Went to a car meet once and it was chill, just, haven't had an experience like that since. 

5 minutes ago, Kari said:

community-engagement is demotivating. Half of the community icly/oocly hates you, and both are just as burnout inducing, which is (admittedly) realistic as of 2022, but do you think it's fun to go around trying to rp w/ people to simply get a "Fuck 12!" or be called a dyke in return? 

What you described here is not community engagement. 

• Gore locked this topic