State of civilian roleplay and portrayal

roleplayer234

The people generalising all civilian characters as mallrats are probably the worst illegal roleplayers on the server. 

alternatively

The people generalising all illegal roleplayers as (M) gangbangers who do nothing but chain rob and deathmatch probably are mallrats.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
18 minutes ago, Goonbag said:

The people generalising all civilian characters as mallrats are probably the worst illegal roleplayers on the server. 

alternatively

The people generalising all illegal roleplayers as (M) gangbangers who do nothing but chain rob and deathmatch probably are mallrats.

On that I can agree. 🙂

On 1/21/2022 at 10:54 PM, averycoolguy said:

How high are you? Let me list you some things the Server/Admins have imposed that help Illegal roleplayers:

- Obtaining weapons as a civilian ( legally ) is unnecessarily complicated and requires more paperwork than some states do in real life

- Police are not allowed to use facial recognition, meaning most investigations are far, far harder than they should be

- The lack of video cameras everywhere

- Most Police rifles have been nerfed to semi automatic for no good reason

- PD cars have been nerfed speed wise ( Torrence used to be way better )

take a step back and think about what the server would look like if the police had facial recognition and 'video cameras everywhere'

On 1/21/2022 at 5:54 PM, averycoolguy said:

How high are you? Let me list you some things the Server/Admins have imposed that help Illegal roleplayers:

- Obtaining weapons as a civilian ( legally ) is unnecessarily complicated and requires more paperwork than some states do in real life

- Police are not allowed to use facial recognition, meaning most investigations are far, far harder than they should be

- The lack of video cameras everywhere

- Most Police rifles have been nerfed to semi automatic for no good reason

- PD cars have been nerfed speed wise ( Torrence used to be way better )

I didn’t realize police use M4 carbines rather than the standard AR-15 civilian model.

13 hours ago, Gallagher said:

take a step back and think about what the server would look like if the police had facial recognition and 'video cameras everywhere'

tbh I'm quite ready to start RPing GTAW as a cyberpunk dystopia at this point

On 1/21/2022 at 7:42 PM, Gambler said:

I honestly don't have an answer for you. Civilians are supposed to be vulnerable in face of life-threatening events. Their only way of protection is carrying licensed guns and law enforcement coming to the rescue.  I'm not really fond of RPG elements myself. I've always felt oppressed by PD as illegal RPer tho', and made me turn to legal-civilian RP ever since. I try to stay away from any kind of scenario that might make me use the menu more than the RP lines. That's when shit always gets hairy.

PD is a joke when it comes to roleplay quality IMO. I RP on one character that is a legal-civilian and I have had quite a few negative interactions with PD cops, especially the supervisors. SD always provides good RP and the deputies find time to flip the switch and actually engage w the community icly (ive seen them pull up to car meets and actually hang out and talk to ppl, talk to random ppl on the street about pretty much nothing just to build some kind of positive dialogue). Just yesterday I had a PD supervisor detain me and 3 friends who were all wearing suits walking out of the clothing store after calling 911 because a group of illegal rpers with the (M) in their names decided to have a massive shoot out right in front. Anyway, the supervisor orders everyone to get on the wall for a pat down, completely ignoring our RP of us trying to show him our phones and stuff showing we called 911. All while there were dead suspects on the floor and evidence everywhere (shell casings, loose guns that should have been secured immediately upon arriving) It was like he was going off some kind of script instead of actually roleplaying. Just barking orders, threatening with obstruction charges and so forth. Sry to derail the thread.

Spoiler

IPaFl3c.png

UtnF8RB.png

DxrSntg.png

1 hour ago, JeromeJackson said:

PD is a joke when it comes to roleplay quality IMO. I RP on one character that is a legal-civilian and I have had quite a few negative interactions with PD cops, especially the supervisors. SD always provides good RP and the deputies find time to flip the switch and actually engage w the community icly (ive seen them pull up to car meets and actually hang out and talk to ppl, talk to random ppl on the street about pretty much nothing just to build some kind of positive dialogue). Just yesterday I had a PD supervisor detain me and 3 friends who were all wearing suits walking out of the clothing store after calling 911 because a group of illegal rpers with the (M) in their names decided to have a massive shoot out right in front. Anyway, the supervisor orders everyone to get on the wall for a pat down, completely ignoring our RP of us trying to show him our phones and stuff showing we called 911. All while there were dead suspects on the floor and evidence everywhere (shell casings, loose guns that should have been secured immediately upon arriving) It was like he was going off some kind of script instead of actually roleplaying. Just barking orders, threatening with obstruction charges and so forth. Sry to derail the thread.

Hide contents

IPaFl3c.png

UtnF8RB.png

DxrSntg.png

This exists, all the time, in the U.S... especially in L.A.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DLimit said:

This exists, all the time, in the U.S... especially in L.A.

This is a video game. For the sake of making the experience enjoyable for everybody at least try to roleplay. Nobody wants to deal with a "hello im officer john hancock with the lspd, can i have your license, registration and proof of insurance please" cop. Try to switch it up so it doesn't seem so robotic and scripted. Responding officers could have easily identified us as the reporting party had they actually tried to roleplay and not just force us on the wall to search. A realistic procedure would have been to secure the scene, There were people on the ground bleeding out and weapons laying on the ground unsecured. That doesn't happen IRL. The goal of roleplaying as a cop is to have fun and roleplay law enforcement not oppress the public (gang roleplayers & legal civilian characters). You're a cop IRL you mean to tell me you're just gonna detain every person on the street a shooting happened near to search them and ignore the dying people and unsecure firearms on the ground? Probably gonna wake up the next morning to a civil suit.

4 minutes ago, JeromeJackson said:

This is a video game. For the sake of making the experience enjoyable for everybody at least try to roleplay. Nobody wants to deal with a "hello im officer john hancock with the lspd, can i have your license, registration and proof of insurance please" cop. Try to switch it up so it doesn't seem so robotic and scripted. Responding officers could have easily identified us as the reporting party had they actually tried to roleplay and not just force us on the wall to search. A realistic procedure would have been to secure the scene, There were people on the ground bleeding out and weapons laying on the ground unsecured. That doesn't happen IRL. The goal of roleplaying as a cop is to have fun and roleplay law enforcement not oppress the public (gang roleplayers & legal civilian characters). You're a cop IRL you mean to tell me you're just gonna detain every person on the street a shooting happened near to search them and ignore the dying people and unsecure firearms on the ground? Probably gonna wake up the next morning to a civil suit.

sounds like the LAPD to me, dude. they're doing their job of portrayal pretty well

either way, IC issue

• Gore locked this topic