State of civilian roleplay and portrayal

roleplayer234

15 hours ago, roleplayer234 said:

There's a report up now with a 90 pound white girl turning up in one of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in an elegy, stabbing people who lived there once they approached her and then following up by crying about "illegal rp". Seriously, guys? 

And no less surprising, it's literally a person with a history of baiting cops and not roleplaying crashes, and they're still not permabanned. Makes me worry about the state of the standards on the server. I just wish they'd stop giving these people chances and boot their asses to the curb.

1 minute ago, Dom. said:

And no less surprising, it's literally a person with a history of baiting cops and not roleplaying crashes, and they're still not permabanned. Makes me worry about the state of the standards on the server. I just wish they'd stop giving these people chances and boot their asses to the curb.

This is in no way meant to bash the administrators or anyone, but what do you expect when they give out admin jails for pretty much everything? You mass DM a few people, it's 60 minute admin jail. Harsher punishment equals people not doing dumb shit as much.

2 minutes ago, Pandaa said:

This is in no way meant to bash the administrators or anyone, but what do you expect when they give out admin jails for pretty much everything? You mass DM a few people, it's 60 minute admin jail. Harsher punishment equals people not doing dumb shit as much.

It's a huge problem. They want to give everyone chances with the idea that they'll improve, but they won't. They need to be more willing to dish permbans out to repeat offenders who don't give a fuck. The server might get better then.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Pandaa said:

Don't forget 5 unofficial warnings before an ajail.

• Upvote 1

Meanwhile you get a permaban for dressing as a frog... 😗

And trying to have fun on a game without harming anybody... 

And people get stacked up warnings ending up with 60 minutes of jail for showing the most obvious signs of bad will and mischievous behavior, power gaming playing to win, lying to admins and whatnot. Trying to be polite with the staff here but it's really really hard to wish them the best. 

angry u mad GIF by Mayfly

2 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

And thus, we're back to a death sentence being no worse than passing go and collecting two hundred dollars, essentially being the more optimal outcome over any other possible sentence.

That's why we don't have the death sentence anymore. It didn't work. Worse, nobody is interested in determining how to make it work.

I feel like people think that jail times are like a slap on the wrist.

it’s VERY easy to get life sentences in this server.

A murder charge? You’re looking at like two weeks. 

I did 30 days for a double murder I didn’t commit. 

1 hour ago, Pandaa said:

Hmmh so I thought, until I realized that the punishments back in 2017-2018 were starting with a ban (could easily be a week), and the amount of bullshit was basically the same. 😕 

What if, now hear me out...what if civilians are also portrayed by criminals too? As in, just because you're a criminal or in a gang doesn't mean you're not a member of society (civilian) or do normal things? I feel like people limit what a civilian RPer is. People who RP "civilians" feel they can't commit crimes or vice versa. I have a character right now who is a civilian, has a normal life, normal job, but does illegal things. He's a civilian who commits crime, but not strictly a criminal and nothing more. Think about real life, people commit crimes all the time, but they're still normal people who work, go to the grocery store, etc. Not strictly criminals 24/7.  

• Upvote 1

its cus u got ppl who are so backwards ass they separate illegal and legal rp into 2 sides meanwhile they should exist in harmony because nobody is a 100% saint legal lee who hasnt done anything wrong. not all criminals go around shooting ppl either for their wallets but look to get their bread without hurting others and drawing attention to themselves

• Upvote 2
  • Gore locked this topic