State of civilian roleplay and portrayal

roleplayer234

12 minutes ago, roleplayer234 said:

There's a report up now with a 90 pound white girl turning up in one of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in an elegy, stabbing people who lived there once they approached her and then following up by crying about "illegal rp". Seriously, guys? 

Spoiler

fTscGPa.png
YJrGVRO.png

Personally, I think we can all come together in unity and blame the English. 

EDIT: On a serious note, blaming a whole group of people for the actions of one person is a little silly.

Edited by Fancy Toothpaste
1 hour ago, DLimit said:

So, it's more along the lines that it happens on some days, but not everyday, if we want to be honest with ourselves.

More than likely voided, due to chain-robbing, as-well, which means that it would not be a part of our statistics.

You're moving the goal posts here. Because what is being said is that there are people out there robbing every day. Regardless of it getting voided or not, it doesn't change the fact that there are people out there robbing every day. And while it wouldn't contribute to say an IC statistic if it got voided, it still does contribute to the statistic of a highly exaggerated amount of robbery RP happen versus the population. As someone who can see the 911 log, it happens prettttyyyyy much every day. If it's not happening every day, it's a shocker.

15 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

You're moving the goal posts here. Because what is being said is that there are people out there robbing every day. Regardless of it getting voided or not, it doesn't change the fact that there are people out there robbing every day. And while it wouldn't contribute to say an IC statistic if it got voided, it still does contribute to the statistic of a highly exaggerated amount of robbery RP happen versus the population. As someone who can see the 911 log, it happens prettttyyyyy much every day. If it's not happening every day, it's a shocker.

Yeah, and zero rules will really ever prevent the worst of the worst from committing robberies. These people breach the rules, anyway, and it is our duty to report them to remove them from the community. 

The point I was making, though, is that people should not use voided robberies to compare it to real-life city-statistics. The properly portrayed ones count, not the ones that are voided, as they did not happen in S.A. because they were voided. So, when people say "You cannot compare Chicago to our world because XXX murder per capita", they should take into consideration that those voided robberies are not a part of our world, as they have been voided.

4 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Yeah, and zero rules will really ever prevent the worst of the worst from committing robberies. These people breach the rules, anyway, and it is our duty to report them to remove them from the community. 

The point I was making, though, is that people should not use voided robberies to compare it to real-life city-statistics. The properly portrayed ones count, not the ones that are voided, as they did not happen in S.A. because they were voided. So, when people say "You cannot compare Chicago to our world because XXX murder per capita", they should take into consideration that those voided robberies are not a part of our world, as they have been voided.

This is true and as somebody whose main character is essentially a perfect victim IC these rules have made a big change so far. Just checking in my chatlogs from when the day the /arob command was added until this week when the rules were changed, my main character had been mugged 27 times. About 70% of which were voided because they were poorly RPed / resulted in DM / etc. but I did still have to sit through them. Since the new rules though I haven't been mugged a single time, I don't even see the hit squads 4 deep with the usual offenders inside driving around anymore. Will I still get robbed in the future? Absolutely. But I'm okay with it now as the playing field has been leveled enough that it isn't happening almost every day anymore. It might actually wind up being a frightening event as opposed to the 3rd robbery in a day, for example.

If anything victims may be more inclined to RP fear correctly during robberies now considering they aren't just an item conveyor belt.

9 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Voided or not, it still happens. Sitting through 2 hours long issue with a stolen car that was voided because rules were broken will not refund you the time that was wasted.

The crime rate stems from the smaller details, like you driving past yet another covered dead body with people standing around it. You do not know, that it will be voided.

You only know, that you seen a dead body. You only know, that you seen another car chase, you do not know, that it was voided afterwards. This applies to anything, that our characters are not directly part of.

Edited by Engelbert
3 hours ago, roleplayer234 said:

There's a report up now with a 90 pound white girl turning up in one of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in an elegy, stabbing people who lived there once they approached her and then following up by crying about "illegal rp". Seriously, guys? 

One thing that you and I can agree on is that this is completely ridiculous and I hope she gets banned.

gtaw should just double down and advertise themselves as a server which primarily supports legal/civilian roleplayers and let those who wish to rp illegal go elsewhere. most of the rule changes and administrative decisions are in favor of the civilian characters, so stringing on criminal roleplayers with promises of improvement is a waste of everyone's time. 

roleplaying in the illegal scene on this server feels like you're just a thorn in the side of all those players who primarily want relationship roleplay. ive never felt like any of the administration team, bar the IFM admins, have any real interest in keeping us around. most seem like they would prefer if there was no criminal charatcers whatsoever. 

Edited by Gallagher
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
7 minutes ago, Gallagher said:

gtaw should just double down and advertise themselves as a server which primarily supports legal/civilian roleplayers and let those who wish to rp illegal go elsewhere. most of the rule changes and administrative decisions are in favor of the civilian characters, so stringing on criminal roleplayers with promises of improvement is a waste of everyone's time. 

roleplaying in the illegal scene on this server feels like you're just a thorn in the side of all those players who primarily want relationship roleplay. ive never felt like any of the administration team, bar the IFM admins, have any real interest in keeping us around. most seem like they would prefer if there was no criminal charatcers whatsoever. 

Illegal rp/scene is more than doing chain robberies.

2 hours ago, DLimit said:

Maybe I should've phrased that differently.

The point I was trying to make is that even the voided robberies still do count towards the total amount of robbery RP happening. Poor execution and portrayal don't take away from the overblown robbery statistics that take place on our server.

And we get a lot of people that say "Oh well, you know there's a crime wave currently over the past X months in LA and robberies are up X%" as a justification for that.

While we mirror real life, we're still in our own microcosm. And to me that excuse mentioned above is just a shitty justification for easily accessible but ultimately RP that provides zero benefit of the server. Most often what it does is, is provide some (not all) criminal RPers of some  questionable caliber with weapons to continue their other RP. If we're comparing crime rates to RL cities, which we should not be doing, then everyone basically needs to chill wayyy out on a good chunk of illegal RP that happens in the server. But we make concessions for that and nobody on the staff team has cracked down on the amount of violent crimes that happen because "it limits RP." 

You are correct in the notion that is up to us as a community to report these people with low standards who use the robbery RP as an avenue for free guns. But at the same time, when they just get a slap on the wrists and get told "Okayyy, try not to do this again." it's basically all for nothing. Until there's a unified set of rules for robbery, other than "no chain robbing", and ample punishment for those who break the rules - it will continue. Because people who use this as primary, or even secondary RP will ultimately form their characters to stay right on the inside of the rules so they don't get punished but still be questionable in practice.

• Gore locked this topic