State of civilian roleplay and portrayal

roleplayer234

11 minutes ago, roleplayer234 said:

They cannot be ignored, they ruin the server and have lead to the split in the community. The 'us versus them' mentality mentioned in this thread. An awfully portrayed adult character is equally as harmful as the chain-robbing griefer, mostly because the awfully portrayed adult is someone who will then go on the forums and try to shit on entire RP scenes, derail every thread and argue that entire RP scenes need to be gutted despite their own portrayal being extremely questionable. 

If you consider driving around the city to rob random people in downtown LS a whole rp scene, I'm not sure what to tell you.

13 minutes ago, Torlo said:

If you consider driving around the city to rob random people in downtown LS a whole rp scene, I'm not sure what to tell you.

It's not really about that though, is it? It's about the suggestion threads that basically boil down to 'ban gang roleplay'. I cannot link them because of civility rules, but you will find them. 

The relevance of the core subject of this thread will be very evident now with the crime free zones. What these will be are hubs for extremely questionably portrayed civilian characters, which will further reduce the roleplay quality on the server. Sure, maybe you're one of the people who actually does roleplay a real adult but what we're going to see are supercar meets and the usual pink haired people taking over; you're outnumbered by these people here by quite some margin unfortunately. We're now skirting close to the double standards line, shitting on 15 year old (M) characters is cool and OK but bringing up awfully portrayed adults that make up the bulk of the civilian population is out of bounds for some reason. 

Edited by roleplayer234
11 minutes ago, roleplayer234 said:

It's not really about that though, is it? It's about the suggestion threads that basically boil down to 'ban gang roleplay'. I cannot link them because of civility rules, but you will find them. 

The relevance of the core subject of this thread will be very evident now with the crime free zones. What these will be are hubs for extremely questionably portrayed civilian characters, which will further reduce the roleplay quality on the server. Sure, maybe you're one of the people who actually does roleplay a real adult but what we're going to see are supercar meets and the usual pink haired people taking over; you're outnumbered by these people here by quite some margin unfortunately. 

You know what I do? I don't rp around those people, I never have to interact with them and their rp is never forced on me. It's really that simple.

1 minute ago, Torlo said:

You know what I do? I don't rp around those people, I never have to interact with them and their rp is never forced on me. It's really that simple.

Cool. Doesn't have anything to do with server standards and people of questionable roleplay quality dictating server changes.

Edited by roleplayer234
Just now, roleplayer234 said:

Cool. Doesn't have anything to do with server standards and people of questionable roleplay quality dictating server changes.

The rules changed because of rp that can be forced upon your character and that you have zero choice but to participate in when you're approached by said characters. I've never once had my character walking down the street in fear of being approached by a roving gang of super car driving lesbians who will drag him into their million dollar mansion and force him to erp. You can simply ignore it and move on with your day, I very rarely rp in clubs ever because I think the rp scene surrounding it sucks (except for certain factions) and it's never been forced on me. 

1 minute ago, Torlo said:

The rules changed because of rp that can be forced upon your character and that you have zero choice but to participate in when you're approached by said characters. I've never once had my character walking down the street in fear of being approached by a roving gang of super car driving lesbians who will drag him into their million dollar mansion and force him to erp. You can simply ignore it and move on with your day, I very rarely rp in clubs ever because I think the rp scene surrounding it sucks (except for certain factions) and it's never been forced on me. 

It's going to last about 2-3 months and it will be changed again because everyone knows what I've said is true, people admit it and then just go 'yeah but at least nobody forces these people on me'. They're forcing changes on the server, so there is a problem, even if you just pretend it doesn't exist. 

Edited by roleplayer234
1 minute ago, roleplayer234 said:

It's going to last about 2-3 months and it will be changed again because everyone knows what I've said is true, even you're admitting it's there and you just ignore it. There is a problem, even if you just pretend it doesn't exist. 

Shitty rp will always be a problem yes absolutely, but shitty rp that's forced upon you is the problem, that's the part you don't seem to understand here. If you feel a generic lesbian super model is being poorly portrayed you can report the person and move on with your rp, you are not forced to partake in it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Gore locked this topic