State of civilian roleplay and portrayal

roleplayer234

15 minutes ago, NickyW said:

C. Yes, just like clockwork. Sounds like you've heard that line before. Here's a tip: If one person says you stepped in shit, maybe they're wrong, but if you're getting told multiple times by different people that you're walking in shit, maybe you should look at your shoe.

Funny. Maybe you should take the same advice? If you’re getting told multiple times by multiple people that this is a problem, maybe, just maybe it’s an actual problem. Or does that only apply when it benefits your argument? Just because YOU haven’t personally experienced it, doesn’t mean it’s not a problem. Flawed logic. Take a stroll through the reports section. What common theme do you see? Can’t keep the blinders on forever. 

Edited by Cypher99
2 minutes ago, NickyW said:

A. Sounds like you should've reported them. I agree that holding someone up and driving them /anywhere/ is nooby and unrealistic.

I was told that maybe I should try Second Life.

3 minutes ago, NickyW said:

B. Lots of them. Is your point that the server needs more people? Really asinine thing to say. Thank you for pointing out that real life has more people than GTAW.

My point is that if you want to bring up how such and such is realistic, I'm all for it. Do you want to use the real world as an argument for why crime should be allowed freedom? Okay, I'm on board, let's make it so that victims can relay evidence via NPCd witnesses, because there's usually witnesses. Make it a coinflip. Now, I get it that maybe realism isn't your jam, what with this being a murder simulator, and I'm good to go with that too! ..if you hold someone up, they should suffer no OOC penalties if they draw a gun and kill you before you can respond while you're mugging them.

The problem isn't that you want realistic conditions or murder simulator, it's that you want one or the other only for you. The moment anyone asks for equal footing, it's suddenly "MaYbE yOu sHoUlD tRy sEcOnDlIfE"

9 minutes ago, NickyW said:

C.  Yes, just like clockwork. Sounds like you've heard that line before. Here's a tip: If one person says you stepped in shit, maybe they're wrong, but if you're getting told multiple times by different people that you're walking in shit, maybe you should look at your shoe.

Yes, so now that you've been told multiple times by different people that bad criminal roleplayers are causing big problems, maybe you should start addressing the bad criminal roleplayers that are causing big problems.

1 minute ago, NickyW said:

Since you're so interested in having genuine discussions, might want to give this a read

If you were actually  interested in having genuine discussions, you would tone down the condescension about your superior knowledge of big city life while moving the goalposts the minute someone tells you that your assumptions are wrong.

I myself live in Chicago, and have walked downtown at various hours of the night. Never have I ever, in my many many years and times of doing so felt any threat of imminent robbery or danger because even at the most absurd hours of the night there's several people walking the streets. This isn't the case on GTAW and the amazingly deeply portrayed characters who chain rob in downtown LS abuse this - somehow being at a bank in the CENTER of downtown LS is a bad neighborhood now.

This thread was never about robberies, but congratulations to the usual suspects for derailing this thread with their 1000th retellings of that time they got robbed.

This forum needs some serious moderation, every thread is being derailed by the same people saying the same things, which ends the threads with the same result. It's turning into a fucking circlejerk. 

Edited by roleplayer234
13 minutes ago, roleplayer234 said:

This thread was never about robberies, but congratulations to the usual suspects for derailing this thread with their 1000th retellings of that time they got robbed.

This forum needs some serious moderation, every thread is being derailed by the same people saying the same things, which ends the threads with the same result.

Except it relates directly to civilian roleplay, but okay.

• Gore locked this topic