The great debate - Shaping the illegal scene for the next years

Nervous

21 minutes ago, Sha'a Gi said:

Perhaps trusting exclusively a group of people who have been insinuated to have lax or low standards to police themselves and produce changes is the wrong approach. At the very least if you are going to democratize the solution...invite a diversification of other grouping on the server. Poor RP coming from the criminals affects everybody, just as bad legal factions affect criminals. 

I think you don't know what you're talking about. Most of the factions here have always policed themselves, and if not the OOC leadership I've dealt with have always been reasonable in dealing with people.

1 hour ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

You can only join if you're in an official faction, so everyone with a drug character is excluded.

EDIT: Unless they belong directly to an illegal faction, which most do not.

Yyyep ^^'

I've voluntarily designed my character as a facilitator of crime, orbiting around other factions to lend them a hand when needed. Seems aiding & abetting isn't real criminal activity, hopefully that means the police won't be able to IC'ly arrest me if I get caught lol 😛 

3 hours ago, Bandit. said:

I think you don't know what you're talking about. Most of the factions here have always policed themselves, and if not the OOC leadership I've dealt with have always been reasonable in dealing with people.

i think thats the point brozzer. yes, a lot of factions police themselves... and guess what? they're still shit. so why are they given exclusivity to discussions that will have consequences on everyone else? having the existing community decide on representatives will just push the popular people in bad factions to the top

Edited by .mikey
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, .mikey said:

i think thats the point brozzer. yes, a lot of factions police themselves... and guess what? they're still shit. so why are they given exclusivity to discussions that will have consequences on everyone else? having the existing community decide on representatives will just push the popular people in bad factions to the top

My exact point lol. 

With illegal factions far and inbetween unlike the LEO scene with two top dogs and two smaller groups, it is good to have a place to get-together and discuss ideas. On the other hand, it would not be the first time such place turns into a (toxic) echo chamber resulting in very one-sided opinions and concepts without needed input of other parts of the community. But only time will tell whether this is going to positively or negatively impact the server as a whole.

Edited by orca112

There's so many issues and solutions that I can think of just on the top of my head. I hope this discussion will be very fruitful and the IFM will not take things said personally. I also hope the community members that do join will  remain productive and the trolls will be kicked out real fast.

• Nervous locked and unpinned this topic