Your thoughts on World Points & Perks?

Mistery14

1 hour ago, Peak. said:

It's a small token that supports a server that provides the ability for you to play on? 

It's literally needed otherwise none of ya'll would be here. 

What I think (and assume) they meant, is that there could be other alternatives to get players to support the server other than having to pay real-life money in order to change the time in your property/furnish your home more. 

As for pets like dogs & cats, I'm going to have to say, these are more of a little perk that you can get /if you really want it/ which in turn would indeed support the server, as opposed to an actual practical feature such as weather changing in your home/furnishing.

Matter of fact I agree with a lot of comments here. A lot of things such as walkstyles, business blips and mapping (roleplay providers if you can call it that) should be, to a certain extent accessible to non-donators, which would in turn probably create more RP but that's just an opinion, not fact. 

But as it stands, what is a fact is, donations are vital and should remain in a form or another. Without them, the server simply wouldn't be and that's completely true.

But just because it exists and is in place does not mean it's automatically optimal. It surely keeps the server afloat, but more accessible features probably equals more players, which in turn gets you more donations, if you catch my drift. 

Edited by Mistery14
1 hour ago, Peak. said:

It's a small token that supports a server that provides the ability for you to play on? 

It's literally needed otherwise none of ya'll would be here. 

It's ridiculous to not be able to buy new furniture for a house without donator status. I thought this is a 'Heavy RP server'. Designing your house is one of the most basic things in a RP sandbox. Paywalling it is just greedy.

Still want walkstyles to be free or at least permanent standalone purchase. I know it was available during the charity event a few months ago, but that was a limited time offer. and it costed like $60. 

Out of every benefit of donator, walkstyles is the only one that confuses me on why it's locked behind donator. It's weird that on a heavy rp server, a feature that is designed to make your character more believable, by allowing them to walk differently based on what kind of person they are, is locked behind a momthly paywall. You'd think that such a feature would be free, but... Instead, they'd rather have all characters walk around like androids instead of realistic people. 

Edited by ScarletRose
32 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Out of every benefit of donator, walkstyles is the only one that confuses me on why it's locked behind donator. 

Likely inspired from SAMP's LSRP donor system. You had to pay for walkstyles back there.

What I don't understand is why Dogs are not part of the donor packages like cat. 15$ is overpriced for single item per month.

What I would like to see is that /ptime and /pweather are moved from Preimum Donator Status to Golden Donator Status. I think 300 WP ( 24,99 Euros ) is  a lot to be able to change weather and time in your property. Generally, if that was moved to Golden, I think a lot of player who don't use Premium perks would donate and get Golden Status in order to have immersion in their property. 

Other then that... I think everything is good and dandy.

Edited by Revolter

It may not be about world points, but it's very close. My main gripe with the donation system is business blips. If you want to run a biz, (And not one that comes with a blip, like a 24/7 or a hardware store) not only do you have to give up your own time and in game money, you also have to pay out OOCly to ensure that people come to your biz, otherwise nobody will have any idea that you're open. It's always baffled me...Businesses are there for roleplay, yet for people to know they're there and roleplay within them, the owner HAS to pay real money. 

I speak from experience too, I RPed in a gym for a little while that had no blip. We tried advertising and bringing people in off the street, but without the blip we got no one...Soon as one of the other employee's got plat' and used the blip on the gym? Would you believe it, people actually started showing up. Then the owner sold the gym because they couldn't afford platnium and moved on else where.  

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

What I don't understand is why Dogs are not part of the donor packages like cat. 15$ is overpriced for single item per month.

It is not overpriced if people pay for it. And they do, so...

Look at it from the server's POV. 15$ monthly for a Dog, let's simplify and say there are 50 players paying for dogs right now (hypothetical amount). 

If it costed 5$, would there be 150 players paying for dogs? Three times the amount? I don't think so.

If it cosed 10$, would there be 100 players paying for dogs? Twice the amount? I don't think so either.

People who has the money, and is willing to spend it in the server, don't really mind spending 15$ instead of 10$

However, people who either don't have the money, or are not willing to spend it here, won't pay 15$, and won't pay 10$ either, or 5$, each month.

Some perks shouldn't be behind a paywall, for example:

1. Walkstyles.

2. Mapping slots

3. /bad

I'll explain why they shouldn't and why they're.

1. This should be free for everyone, not all characters walk like the others, plus these walkstyles are worse than the default ones, they handle worse and they are slower.

2. Well... this is obvious, you wanna map your house or your business and you can't because the 50 slot  only allows you to place four walls and that's it, and I'll say something else related to point 3 right now.

3. /bad, this should be free at least with a cooldown of 2 hours or 3, It's sad that you enter a RP server and have to pay real money to create RP, yes, having a business or creating an event makes it mandatory to have the /bad command, without it people won't know where the event is or business and therefore it's a failure, and as I said, it's sad that you have to pay to create RP, this includes point two as I mentioned before, you need to pay to create RP, this includes exterior mapping, wanna RP sleeping in a tent? Pay for it, at least they should allow map an object for 30 minutes/1h, like a tent or something like that.

They are because: 

mapping and having /bad is mandatory if you want to have a business and be successful with it, they are also in donor packs which are more expensive than the rest, thus ensuring a certain amount of money for a simple command or a few slots to map.

Yes, I understand that the server needs money, I also have a server for another game and I know what I'm talking about, but the server is too monetized to the point that to do certain things you are forced to pay for them, If the server managed to get € 5,000 (I didn't include the other half, was for charity), I don't even want to think about how much it makes per month, not including the payment of taxes

the /bad command is behind a paywall of €15 and not €5, €15 for a single command, mapping slots increased in price from 150/200WP to 500.

And yeah, something curious, it was said that increasing the slots for outfits saturated the database, but curiously the DB is fine with all those users who pay to have permanent slots, as well as temporary ones in the GOLD and Platinum packs.

Edited by Dakimakura
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1