Your thoughts on World Points & Perks?

Mistery14

I think a lot of points here or wishes are gonna be straight up ignored  theyve probs been discussed a million times before (mainly talking about business paywalls) and its likely read and then, "no we need to make money to help run the server" - issue ignored.

But I really believe at least business related wise the WP system could be edited to make MORE money for the server and still make most people here who feel things arent balanced happy. 

Some business systems are "overpriced" or miss piced rather. Some dude said there about dogs and cats its not overpriced if people pay. -- my point is for some features people do not pay. The calender feature is AMAZING theres one dude (or less than a handful) (could even secretly be staff making them for free) who posts gov events on there, one or two a month. Thats all its used, its an amazing system that like many business WP things before (business map probs 3 people paid for that in its lifetime) other than /bad is left to die in a ditch because they would rather that than make it free. 

I think a free option other than basic /ad should be open to business rpers but heck I would be happy to see attempts to make a new business package or make buying some of these options less scummy. Like you have to pay per post for the calendar, not checked the price but its just beyond scummy when there arent free alternatives.

My main point isnt give us free stuff. Like some of your under used but cool features i think should be looked at. Think oh why is this awesome festure never used. Oh its because we are charging prices that arent worth it, lets edit that. Make a package or turn the price down

Although with that said I like paying monthly for bad to a degree. Even if its cheap I do not like pay per use. Thats created in a way where businesses are pressured to pay you regularly for their average day to day RP and yes you guys need to make money but ^^^ people obviously dont like that, so they dont pay, so you dont make money on these things anyway. 

I dont think bad will ever be changed people actually pay for that. But keep /bad the way it is, tweak the other stuff

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

What about all the ideas about what can be paywalled, so the server can pay for itself?

Obviously everyone will hate these ideas because nobody wants things behind a paywall, but if done smartly it can help to improve the environment overall.

• Introduce forced hospital time when you are PK'd.  30 mins for non-donators, 15 mins for donators.  Idea is to add more consequence to death and avoid killed people being straight back on the street.  Also adds more life to the hospital.
  • Pump insurance up a LOT for the really flashy and expensive vehicles, almost so it becomes quite hard to keep it unless you are earning a lot scriptly.  Maybe add a multiplier for vehicle related fines.  Then give donators a 50% or more discount on that.  Will reduce the number of unrealisticly expensive cars zooming about.
  • Max 1 owned property with no donator package.  Reduce property hoarding.
  • Non-donator limited to equipping small firearms (pistols, SMGs).  I guess this will anger a lot of people, but imo the use of larger, rifle-size weapons should be a bit rarer and paywalling it would do that.  Exemption for LEOs of course, just as they get free dogs for K9.
Edited by Paenymion
Removing the last one, probably a step too far for illegal community
19 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

Obviously everyone will hate these ideas because nobody wants things behind a paywall, but if done smartly it can help to improve the environment overall.

• Introduce forced hospital time when you are PK'd.  30 mins for non-donators, 15 mins for donators.  Idea is to add more consequence to death and avoid killed people being straight back on the street.  Also adds more life to the hospital.
  • Pump insurance up a LOT for the really flashy and expensive vehicles, almost so it becomes quite hard to keep it unless you are earning a lot scriptly.  Maybe add a multiplier for vehicle related fines.  Then give donators a 50% or more discount on that.  Will reduce the number of unrealisticly expensive cars zooming about.
  • Non-donator limited to equipping small firearms (pistols, SMGs).  I guess this will anger a lot of people, but imo the use of larger, rifle-size weapons should be a bit rarer and paywalling it would do that.

I wouldn't add the last one, but the first three definitely push people in the right direction.

44 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

• Non-donator limited to equipping small firearms (pistols, SMGs).  I guess this will anger a lot of people, but imo the use of larger, rifle-size weapons should be a bit rarer and paywalling it would do that.  Exemption for LEOs of course, just as they get free dogs for K9.

Big no on the insurance. Terrible idea.

" I used my dad's credit card so I get to drive my elegy for cheap". Just leave it as is.

1 hour ago, Paenymion said:

Excellent ideas. Possibly the best ideas a human being has ever came up with.  

I would also add the following:

-Charge real life money for re-fueling your vehicle at a gas station.

-Charge real life money for insurance.

-Charge real life money for upgrading your vehicle at a mechanic garage.

-Charge real life money for every hour you spend playing on the server.

-Charge real life money for sending a post on the forum.

-Charge real life money every time you get charged real life money.

Edited by Shokkoth
  • Applaud 3
1 hour ago, Paenymion said:

Is this a joke? I mean, it has to be, right?

OP: I don't really have too big of a problem with the current paywalls. My only issue is that you have to be a donator to have a successful business, which I think is really silly. I think you should take all the business commands out of the package and just give that to the players, especially things like /bad and /blip. Either that or stop calling it "donations". You're not donating if you're paying for something that you can't function without. I'm not donating to the grocery store when I buy toilet paper.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Nani mo Iranai said:

They should make /bad, change time and walkstyle free, it's ridiculous that it's behind a paywall.

I think /bad should have a cheaper alternative at least. smth like 50wp a month just for BAD. If it was free i'm confident we would have 200 businesses open at once and it just would not work.

In my opinion /bad is fine, maybe make it so you can pay for /bad with in game money but have it be a decent amount so that it can't be over done.. 

As for mapping slots, if anyone has tried to map with only 50 slots, its rather difficult to do so, bump up furniture slots to 100 or 150 for non-donors and then if people want to do large projects or very detailed house mapping, they can do so by donating. 

I believe these two are the fairest options, rather than making it so you have to pay to equip a rifle...