Prohibit registration of new (M) Minor characters or tighten restrictions regarding their portrayal

L33SA5

5 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Why is this metagaming? The character is just responding to the trend as they perceive it.

I was resorting to what he initially said, as in taking a prejudicial approach towards minor characters, because they know they're part of street gangs on an OOC level due to how the server rules are constructed. I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve here.

As much as I hate seeing 15  year old self proclaimed "most wanted" block wiping sd/pd with little to no consequences

These issues do not lie in the (M) tag next to their name but the players behind them. As said above, removing the ability to rp under 18 won't fix the issue. 

Punish the players, not the community.

Edited by cryybabyycryy
25 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Gee I wonder why it's fems who are always targeted 🙂 Nobody will ever know I suppose. 

i could give you a bunch of reasons tbh

OP: 

Sigh. Another advocate for arbitrary rules instead of trusting admins to do their jobs. Stop restricting people because some people fuck up. Get rid of the fuck ups instead of ruining it for everyone.

• Upvote 2

As many pointed out in this thread, it is an issue of players playing to win and having no concept of realistic character portrayal or development rather than minor characters as a general concept. It is one of the many symptoms, similar to people having no better to do than spawn their blacked out sedan and 'go out to catch someone lacking' by kidnapping random people off the street, taking them to bumfuck nowhere to take their $50 and Nokia phone or your stereotype lesbian living betweeen bedroom and night club before yeeting themself off a rooftop because their four day long girlfriend cheated on them.

Though you can agree on that there is a higher percentage in awfully potrayed minors than any other group. The question here is what can we as a community as well as the admin team do to counteract this large amount of badly roleplayed characters - one always being education; Guides, personal research and the likes. The second part is proper enforcement - both people doing reports on piss poor roleplayed characters, but also the admin team taking proper actions. A slap on the wrist after the fifth offence for the same thing just does not cut it. Have a standard that is set and enforced across the board.

5 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I was resorting to what he initially said, as in taking a prejudicial approach towards minor characters, because they know they're part of street gangs on an OOC level due to how the server rules are constructed. I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve here.

The rules and regulations are set as such that minors can only exist in an gang environment. And with the absence NPC population thanks to the (controversial) IFM decision, the actual population are only the players at the time which in turn means that any and all minors your character encounters are in some form affiliated with street gangs. It becomes even more obvious with a character in law enforcement.

Given that environment your character lives in, you cannot really ignore the obvious elephant in the room, same as the increase amount of (violent) crime that led to characters being generally suspicious towards strangers, the amount of bodies piling up on the sidewalk and barely any interactions taking place outside of interiors. Ignoring any of these for a seemingly perfect or realistic world would be disregarding any 'realities' of the game world and suitable for some drug addict or alcoholic disconnected from reality rather than a functioning human being.

Edited by orca112
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, NickyW said:

i could give you a bunch of reasons tbh

OP: 

Sigh. Another advocate for arbitrary rules instead of trusting admins to do their jobs. Stop restricting people because some people fuck up. Get rid of the fuck ups instead of ruining it for everyone.

Nicky with the answer. We already have the rules in place to punish people for breaking any rule that's been brought up in this thread, basically. May as well use them.

On 1/12/2022 at 6:37 AM, Topinambour said:

Hey 🙂

I just wanted to note, this topic was already broached over here: 

The conclusion of some illegal RP'ers was that the limitation of minor characters would somehow collapse the entire illegal scene. This same topic was also mentioned in a couple of discussions on the general forum, so far no specific info was given by admins about what would or would not be done regarding this. 

typical illegal rp scene response of “it’s going to ruin everything”

the current minors in the server I do not see problem with at this given time, this is what America is like, lol.

I'll say the same thing that I said in the original thread that suggested something similar to this, and what the majority of the community is saying — let's not inconvenience the majority of good & capable players because of some bad apples. The problem that this server currently has (and every other GTA RP server in existence had) is not people playing under-21 characters, it's people being incapable of creating and portraying realistic characters & instead going for fit blondes with cat ears who own fourteen cars and will kill you if you look at them the wrong way, bangers who have five murder charges at the age of fourteen and are ready to kill a cop who's pulling them over for a minor traffic infraction, cops who don't know the basics of North American policing and how to not be a robot, and so on, and so fourth.

Minor characters are a vital part of a good number of (and some very good) factions on the server, and banning people from portraying those just because there are bad gang roleplayers would be nothing short of wild. That's like asking for LSPD & LSSD to be removed because bad cop roleplayers exist, or suggesting a ban on civilian roleplay because of CCW bangers in mini skirts driving pink Elegies. Sorry chief, but It's gonna be a no from me.

Edited by Brian
2 hours ago, Brian said:

I'll say the same thing that I said in the original thread that suggested something similar to this, and what the majority of the community is saying — let's not inconvenience the majority of good & capable players because of some bad apples. The problem that this server currently has (and every other GTA RP server in existence had) is not people playing under-21 characters, it's people being incapable of creating and portraying realistic characters & instead going for fit blondes with cat ears who own fourteen cars and will kill you if you look at them the wrong way, bangers who have five murder charges at the age of fourteen and are ready to kill a cop who's pulling them over for a minor traffic infraction, cops who don't know the basics of North American policing and how to not be a robot, and so on, and so fourth.

Minor characters are a vital part of a good number of (and some very good) factions on the server, and banning people from portraying those just because there are bad gang roleplayers would be nothing short of wild. That's like asking for LSPD & LSSD to be removed because bad cop roleplayers exist, or suggesting for a ban on civilian roleplay because of CCW bangers in mini skirts driving pink Elegies. Sorry chief, but It's gonna be a no from me.

Exactly. Underage characters are not the problem - I've personally interacted with many that had some great development and were quite believable.

The big problem are the people who break rules and can't properly portray their characters - underage or not, that will still persist. The best way to deal with this is by forum reporting or RPQM reporting them.