Prohibit registration of new (M) Minor characters or tighten restrictions regarding their portrayal

L33SA5

2 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

So therefor we should simply give up? I don't get this position.

What's the point of enforcing standards toward only one group? Seems like there's plenty admins cracking down on "poor" role play, yet there is little to no information on what constitutes such. So yeah, there's no point in applying any forms of standards, unless those are widely applied to the entire community. Starting with a ban on characters that are more of 2nd Life avatars rather than meaningful characters would definitely help a lot.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
  • Upvote 1
Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

What's the point of enforcing standards toward only one group? Seems like there's plenty admins cracking down on "poor" role play, yet there is little to no information on what constitutes such. So yeah, there's no point in applying any forms of standards, unless those are widely applied to the entire community. Starting with a ban on characters that are more of 2nd Life avatars would definitely help a lot.

the only nigga on this website that makes sense, god bless @i dont wanna od in LA

The standards need to drastically improve all over the place, not just for minor characters. The problem I see for minor characters is more that they're only made to be part of street gangs, meaning other characters only encounter teens that are criminals, which means it's not even metagaming to have the prejudice IC that every teen is a criminal or pretending to be one.

Banning/restricting minors is a pointless suggestion because the problem isn’t with the character it’s with the player. Do any of this and I guarantee you go from swarms of 16 year olds to swarms of 18 year olds doing the exact same shit.

Maybe try actually enforcing the rules fairly and equally across the board instead of voiding, A-jail and trying to warn our way out of shitty behavior in the community.

1 minute ago, Triple Seven said:

The standards need to drastically improve all over the place, not just for minor characters. The problem I see for minor characters is more that they're only made to be part of street gangs, meaning other characters only encounter teens that are criminals, which means it's not even metagaming to have the prejudice IC that every teen is a criminal or pretending to be one.

Because the rules only allow for minor characters with the purpose of gang roleplay? Prejudicial approach toward every minor seems more or less like metagaming and a display of play2win mentality.

2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Because the rules only allow for minor characters with the purpose of gang roleplay? Prejudicial approach toward every minor seems more or less like metagaming and a display of play2win mentality.

Yes, that rule needs to change, at the very least those wannabe gangbangers should be a part of a 'normal' society where there's also (and probably more) minors that try to escape the warzone by going to school and developing themselves through education.

ICly developed prejudicial approach toward every minor isn't metagaming I'm afraid and has absolutely nothing to do with play to win mentality.