Drug Effects "Revamp" - Addicts, What Do We Think After Almost A Year?

BINGBONGBALONEY

How do you feel about the system from the POV of an IG drug addict?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was RPing a drug addict for a while and I gotta say, the system was pretty cool to play around with.

Things I didn't like were some of the visuals (Like the weed one, I couldn't type /stopeffect fast enough) and the visuals I did like didn't last long enough. 

Withdrawl's a joke, honestly. You fall over, maybe, and take 15hp damage...So you just drink some soda and continue your day. I get it's supposed to reflect your character being weak, but the punishment to it is so easily overcomeable it leaves you wondering why it's even in the game. Make it -15hp to your max health until you take said drug again, that way there's some lasting effect.

1 hour ago, Kassandra said:

Drugs shouldn't be an RPG thing. They should be an RP thing. They shouldn't increase health, they should decrease it. Yeah, have visual effects, but I'm going to RP withdrawel as I see fit, not according to a script. 

Decrease it? All that would do is make them be considered less valuable. Yes drug use and addiction should be the primary motive when RPing drug use but having the added health benefit is a massive boost to the drug economy which was stagnating. 

I like the current system but I think opioids and opiates still need some reworking. There are still some we need, especially fentanyl so I’m gonna be making a suggestion soon about effects and cutting opiates/pressing opioids.

19 hours ago, Dom. said:

The drunk effect for pot is ridiculous. The old effect wasn't much better, but it gave a good representation of how your brain feels when you're truly past the "Holy fuck, I am high as shit" threshold. Not sure why they got rid of it.

Gonna assume it was changed to be more difficult to shoot with, the drug revamp changes feeling mostly directed towards people who use drugs like an RPG and not for RP.

19 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Gonna assume it was changed to be more difficult to shoot with, the drug revamp changes feeling mostly directed towards people who use drugs like an RPG and not for RP.

Man, if someone could shoot with the old effect, then fucking kudos to them because with it, you could literally not see SHIT.

3 minutes ago, Dom. said:

Man, if someone could shoot with the old effect, then fucking kudos to them because with it, you could literally not see SHIT.

If you waddled to the back of your room and played the game 15 foot away from your monitor it actually worked as night vision, it's how I CK'd the entirety of the Ruff Ryders. In the day time.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic