Do you think we'll see a decline in playerbase with all the new ragemp text-based rp servers?

caballero

It depends. Other servers are seriously going to have to play ball if they have any intention of properly stacking up against GTA World. This server basically has a monopoly on text-based GTA RP servers at the moment. Although, I will say that I'm intrigued by Liberty City Roleplay and I'll likely try that server when it launches.

GTA:World will probably never see a proper, populated counterpart. Every time someone has tried to make one, it hasn't taken off. LS:RP, even if it gets a solid playerbase, can't hope to compete with GTA:World's already firmly established four year stranglehold on english text-rp servers. The only way I see LS:RP becoming a real, solid alternative to GTA:World is if they make radical changes to the map and to their scripts. Otherwise, it'll just be an alternative for people who are bored of or banned from GTA:W.

There is LCRP, which may take off simply because it's a totally different map and experience. But even then, it won't be able to compete with GTA:World in terms of playercount initially.

Sucks, but it's the truth.

• Bospy locked this topic