Do you think we'll see a decline in playerbase with all the new ragemp text-based rp servers?

caballero

20 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

I don't care how good a server's script is upon launch if they cater to good roleplay. A lot of the people who are rejecting these servers based on the perks of the script are probably the hideaway roleplayers who favour the RPG playstyle this server caters to anyway. For those of us who put value in the illegal roleplaying scene we've been dealt the short end of the stick for years. Other things and genres are given priority and the, I want to say enforcement but it's more than that, the quality has been sacrificed and neglected for so long that people don't want to play. There's way too much micromanagement, bureaucracy and censorship all around the board that I can't wait for an alternative. I haven't been playing properly in around two months because of it. Today I decided to stop roleplaying entirely.

Any competitor who prioritizes this server's weak spots will probably do well. LSRP's supposedly launching next month, we'll see. It probably won't be until hindsight hits that people realize that they should have probably considered what people have been saying.

You don't need 1000 in-door players to "compete" when 200-300 players who want the same thing are on the same page.

I'm exactly 100% in agreement with this. If any community manages to raise a server with a proper economy, it already has won the race for me, and that is only 1 aspect of a server's composition. The whole idea of having it "easy" to work for 2 weeks, and never need to work again for as long as you play is a really turn off to me, because it murders the gray area of the server demographics.

1 hour ago, Chuckles said:

I don't care how good a server's script is upon launch if they cater to good roleplay. A lot of the people who are rejecting these servers based on the perks of the script are probably the hideaway roleplayers who favour the RPG playstyle this server caters to anyway. For those of us who put value in the illegal roleplaying scene we've been dealt the short end of the stick for years. Other things and genres are given priority and the, I want to say enforcement but it's more than that, the quality has been sacrificed and neglected for so long that people don't want to play. There's way too much micromanagement, bureaucracy and censorship all around the board that I can't wait for an alternative. I haven't been playing properly in around two months because of it. Today I decided to stop roleplaying entirely.

Any competitor who prioritizes this server's weak spots will probably do well. LSRP's supposedly launching next month, we'll see. It probably won't be until hindsight hits that people realize that they should have probably considered what people have been saying.

You don't need 1000 in-door players to "compete" when 200-300 players who want the same thing are on the same page.

This is correct.

They also have the advantage of hindsight, seeing where GTAW went wrong, and hopefully they'll avoid the gurdles. But something I've never seen mentioned is the fact that LSRP, when it was alive, had the opposite problem of GTAW, if GTAW is the land of legal roleplay, LSRP is the land of illegal roleplay. And SAMP and all its ideas proliferated the one idea I fucking hate, that legal and illegal, are two seperate worlds that can exist on their own. They can't, they get horribly boring without the other.

They a look at the LSSD, its the perfect mix. There's corruption, anti-crime efforts, stories, and amazing operations that just wouldn't exist without both illegal and legal elements, and I think that separation of the two is gonna be so fucking obvious the second LSRP launches. Because you'll have tons of crime, with very few victims, and GTAW will probably still have a major criminal element, but there's always the chance it has a bunch of legal factions, with very little to do. You need both to survive, and if you don't have both, the fun isn't there.

You can run a gang without cops, but you'll get bored after the fifteenth gang war with no heat. And you can play a cop, but without criminals, you're basically a traffic referee who happens to have a gun.

I also think a lot of GTAWs issues stem from it using so much of LSRP's stuff, like metric amounts of issues that still plague the server, I don't see that server really fixing much of it, maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Liberty city is a much cooler setting but I doubt it'll ever launch. Maybe it does.

I should also add to people who complain about too much reliance on scripts, scripts do wonders for people who know how to use them to increase roleplay potiential. Medical roleplay fucking sucks without good scriptwork, and drugs are fine but they could be a lot more fun with scripts. Scripts are important for good roleplay games, we are playing a game with roleplay, if you just use your imagination, you're going to develop a headache, otherwise forum roleplay would be a lot more popular than it is. It's good to get physical feedback on your roleplay actions.

Edited by KinnyWynny
1 hour ago, Chuckles said:

All it had to be said.

8 minutes ago, Late said:

No. Competition drives growth. We're already the best, now we'll have to be even better!

^This

Also, the other servers will have the same staff team as the previous years, same faction leaders etc, people want a change. I don't think anyone wants to go back to playing a server that had the exact same people in every positions on SAMP, ultimately pretty cringe. GTA World will be the final roleplay server on GTA V with a community this large in my personal opinion. 

• Bospy locked this topic