Do you think we'll see a decline in playerbase with all the new ragemp text-based rp servers?

caballero

37 minutes ago, nwah_ said:

GTAW has the advantage of having been around a long time plus people's time/monetary investment into the server itself. I think other servers probably would attract those that are banned/constantly get banned from here and personally I think it'd be a good thing if they left. Maybe it can lead to less dogwater unofficial groups that are full of players like this and we can get some better factions up. 

Honestly, it depends a lot on the approach other servers take. If they do go on to become a harbor for people who got banned here then yeah, quality will decrease, but if they enforce their rules as heavily as GTA World used to back in the day, the situation will be entirely different.

Most of these servers started too late making a server fitted for Gtav. Meaning gtaw has a huge advantage of being around for years on. 

This server is comfortable for most people, it's familiar now and most of us got their rp going. Whereas with new once you've got to start from the bottom again. 

I do believe if a known server like Lsrp launches people will head over, check it out, feel the atmosphere. But they most likely will return to the people they've known on gtaw and their already, ready to go chars on gtaw where they put a lot of time in. 

It will bring GTAW competition, this is good for the community as it means they constantly and probably more frequently need to improve. 

I'm not concerned, been with gtaw since the launch and have seen the server improve beyond imagination. They've come a long way, from having only 100 players at peak to 7-800. From incredible desync where you could shoot someone with 3 clips and they still didn't take damage to actual being able to hit someone with one shot. 

So all this to me, is just more promise of a better gtaw. 

• Upvote 3

At this point, GTA:World has established a certain monopoly with years of development under their belt that it might as well have reached a similar status as LS:RP on SAMP. People see new projects coming up expecting it to be better than their usual go-to with years of development put into right off the bat whilst most projects also failed on establishing their very bare bones upon release. Thus, most servers died out whilst LS:RP with its many problems remained.

I would love to be proven otherwise, but the perspective is not as prosperous based on experience from SAMP. The best outcome would probable be some equivalent to RCRP being a secondary server with somewhat competition, but ultimately remaining in the shadow of the top dog GTA:W. At least it would be some competition that drives innovation and active development rather than GTA:W resting on its laurels for the next years.

As much as there's people who feel comfortable here, there's the right amount of people who are fed up. Competition is healthy, and I hope it knocks some sense into GtaW. That's it. 
I'm gonna wear my tinfoil hat here to say that, I hope the lack of content recently is not just a stall to release a huge update around the time LSRP is up, to nail down players. That would be a very bad business move. That would be a betrayal to the loyal players, it would be offensive and manipulative.

Edited by Gambler
4 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Honestly more excited to see what LCRP does compared to LSRP, Los Santos feels a little stale so I wouldn't mind some NYC-based RP in Liberty City.

If I was going to try anything new it'd be LCRP.

I love GTA:W, but this has also caught my interest. It's something fresh.

Any L.S.-oriented servers will never be able to successfully compete with GTA:W, in my opinion.

When it pertains to text base RP servers on Rage MP, there isn’t going to be a server that can compete with GTAW. This server came in to the marketplace so early and has been able to dominate the GTA RP text based market, that it’s going to be very difficult for any competitors to compete. 

Edited by TyJ
58 minutes ago, orca112 said:

At this point, GTA:World has established a certain monopoly with years of development under their belt that it might as well have reached a similar status as LS:RP on SAMP. People see new projects coming up expecting it to be better than their usual go-to with years of development put into right off the bat whilst most projects also failed on establishing their very bare bones upon release. Thus, most servers died out whilst LS:RP with its many problems remained.

I would love to be proven otherwise, but the perspective is not as prosperous based on experience from SAMP. The best outcome would probable be some equivalent to RCRP being a secondary server with somewhat competition, but ultimately remaining in the shadow of the top dog GTA:W. At least it would be some competition that drives innovation and active development rather than GTA:W resting on its laurels for the next years.

+1 for me

GTA W will be LSRP of samp. I think there will be a RCRP or maybe a few (smaller but still active servers) 

Although on LSRP there was so much corruption in terms of staff members selling things for irl cash. If that happened on GTA W for example and there was another healthy and active server I think it would kill GTA W. But I doubt anything that bad will ever happen here.

There are a ton of people who dont play GTA W at all, not all banned people either lol and they want an active text server. I think GTA W could continue to grow and at least one new text server become active too and do well.

I don't care how good a server's script is upon launch if they cater to good roleplay. A lot of the people who are rejecting these servers based on the perks of the script are probably the hideaway roleplayers who favour the RPG playstyle this server caters to anyway. For those of us who put value in the illegal roleplaying scene we've been dealt the short end of the stick for years. Other things and genres are given priority and the, I want to say enforcement but it's more than that, the quality has been sacrificed and neglected for so long that people don't want to play. There's way too much micromanagement, bureaucracy and censorship all around the board that I can't wait for an alternative. I haven't been playing properly in around two months because of it. Today I decided to stop roleplaying entirely.

Any competitor who prioritizes this server's weak spots will probably do well. LSRP's supposedly launching next month, we'll see. It probably won't be until hindsight hits that people realize that they should have probably considered what people have been saying.

You don't need 1000 in-door players to "compete" when 200-300 players who want the same thing are on the same page.

Edited by Chuckles
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
  • Bospy locked this topic