What is your opinion on the state of the server currently?

Yoak

28 minutes ago, sCrax said:

Give us some examples of these horrible decisions that benefit illegal roleplayers. Let's hear it.

Treating the city as entirely deserted for purposes of criminal portrayal. Vetoing marijuana legalization strictly for the supposed benefit of drug dealers.

There's others I don't care about. It's silly when legal roleplayers say all decisions are made to benefit criminal roleplayers, and it's silly when criminal roleplayers say all decisions are made for the benefit of legal roleplayers. If all sides are complaining, it's obvious the admins are trying to balance things, whether you agree with priorities and the balance they're aiming for or not.

Edited by peasoup
10 minutes ago, peasoup said:

Treating the city as entirely deserted for purposes of criminal portrayal. Veto'ing marijuana legalization strictly for the supposed benefit of drug dealers.

There's others I don't care about. It's silly when legal roleplayers say all decisions are made to benefit criminal roleplayers, and it's silly when criminal roleplayers say all decisions are made for the benefit of legal roleplayers. If all sides are complaining, it's obvious the admins are trying to balance things, whether you agree with priorities and the balance they're aiming for or not.

It's not easy to balance because the dynamic between the two is tilted in favor of one over the other already.

Criminals get the initiative and the benefit of resource limitations that come with roleplay portrayal in a video game. During most crimes there are almost always witnesses and articles of evidence to review, and police are typically made aware of situations as they happen because of the former.

Except that we don't have enough people to realistically be witnesses, and the game can't account for every witness and article of evidence that we'd have, meaning the risk of getting caught for serious criminal activity is very low.

The police can't just arrest criminals either, nor can civilians just shoot criminals. Every interaction is a one-sided fight that only criminals can choose when to initiate, with the civilian/police responses never opting for the allowance of similarly forceful initiatives unless significant criminal force has been enacted.

Short to say, one side has to always be outwardly unaware and inoffensive UNTIL they are acted upon, whereas the other side can always pick and choose their battles when and where it is the most favorable to them. Unless this is allowed for BOTH sides, the game is always going to be tilted in the favor of the one that gets to have initiative over the other.

Traveling in groups doesn't work either. Those are being targeted.

Edited by DasFroggy
5 hours ago, Ronnie two poles said:

like maybe you need to know someone OOC(?) to get bigger quantities, or guns in general. 

Gonna comment on this cause I've experienced this closely in my illegal roleplay experience that amounts to over a thousand hours.

If you know people OOC, you can make a new character and have automatics within the first day of said character. I've experienced that, seen a good friend of mine start a faction on a new character, I joined him in that faction. 5 hours later he was showing me his two mini smgs and I was like... "what the fuck, how this fast" and his only answer was "I know people man"

16 hours ago, mj2002 said:

The reason why players do this, is because these are not 14 year olds. They are normal characters that have an age attribute as 14, and have an (M) next to their name. Point me to a single minor character, that had been shot at, that actually roleplays as a minor character properly. These players would not change a single thing about their roleplay if their character was 18 or 19 instead of 14. Edit: There's going to be a few I'm sure. But these aren't your roving (M) gang roleplayers.

Not to mention all the benefits those (M) characters get associated. It's the meta.

• Drive expensive ass cars cause "it's my momma's car", who has a Rebla or a Hellhound, but her son is a criminal of Jamestown Projects
  • Play Karen to cops "im a minor!!"

And so on.

18 minutes ago, Sniper said:

The day the server died

Always struck me as a strange decision considering the majority of dispensaries in LA are tied to gangs or other illegal organizations. There are over 2,800 un-licensed dispensaries in LA and only 873 licensed ones. The initial legalization bill accounted for a 40% tax on legal marijuana sales, which on top of costs of labor, costs of growing, and all other business expenses would enable a gray market to occur; just like it has in real life. This isn't the 90's. No one buys weed from a street dealer in LA anymore, the street dealers sell weed in dispensaries now. Instead of allowing factions to evolve according to IC legeslative changes, they simply blocked the legeslation OOC to benefit a specific group of RPers. 

We're getting a little off topic though.

the day legal marijuana got veto'd was the day the entire government idea crumbled as a toothless waste of time. which was a shame since I absolutely loved how well city council members were handled, only for it to be butchered with a powerless senate that is largely irrelevant to the server et large.

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

No, that's OOC/RPG/MMO nonsense. If I want to roleplay a 50 year old brain surgeon I'm not going to grind money by owning some small time diner or trucking.

What do you mean 'acumen' ? I'm on this server to roleplay not to prove to you that I'm good at Railroad Tycoon. People shouldn't have to go through MMO dailies to get to what they want to roleplay.

Status and IC regard can’t be contrived. Plenty more ways to make money than via restaurant or Railroad Tycoon. Other people certainly figured it out. 

Woe is me, I should be able to spawn my assets because I want to RP financial superiority to the other players. You and 6,000 other people. Rationing devices exist for a reason. You want to RP a brain surgeon? No one’s stopping you, it just doesn’t mean you’re so special that you become automatically entitled to one of a limited selection of properties sought by a rotation of literal thousands of people. 

Edited by pogoyo