What is your opinion on the state of the server currently?

Yoak

How are we now in a situation where the people on the forums dictating RP quality are people who roleplay ridiculously unrealistic civilian characters? How do we have European cops in the LSPD going around complaining about realism? Why is it the case that when you criticize these people your post gets deleted, but they can freely criticize gang roleplay to the point where they shut down the ability to make unofficial groups? Shit's fucked. 

More "legal roleplayers" should be taking a page out of the LSSD's book. In fact I'd go further and say it's a shame that the standards held in legal factions don't mirror that of the LSSD. They're the highest quality faction in your whole scene and the only one where portrayal requirements are actually of a quality where the people involved can reasonably start criticizing people. 

Edited by roleplayer234
On 1/12/2022 at 2:50 AM, LoLo.Jpg said:

Every illegal roleplayer, even most legal roleplayers have guns which is a big issue in my opnion. Although we aren't California, the population that has firearms here is VERY low. I'm not sure of how the supplier system works for illegal roleplayers although it seems almost every illegal roleplayer has a gun which makes everything about gunfights, stealing guns, etc. It's almost become accustomed to be a "looter" for illegal roleplayers pretty much on a Rust based level. I think there needs to be less firearms for realism purposes overall, CCW's are too easily given out as well and in my honest opinion really shouldn't exist unless unless you do some type of government work / are an armed guard as they're nearly impossible to get in ANY city here in California unless you work that type of work. (cannabis dispensary security guards, armed money transport, governemnt/police work, etc.). I don't have a PF or a CCW or a GC and I used to have all of them, although due to my characters portrayal I deny to get one. Overall the roleplay quality would be much better in my honest opinion if there was less firearms and less looting. 

Bro what? What do you mean CCWs are too easily given out? I've been denied countless of times being a government worker who's car is being stolen on a daily bases and who has his pockets run every two days... I just get told to store my PF weapon in said car.

9 minutes ago, roleplayer234 said:

How are we now in a situation where the people on the forums dictating RP quality are people who roleplay ridiculously unrealistic civilian characters? How do we have European cops in the LSPD going around complaining about realism? Why is it the case that when you criticize these people your post gets deleted, but they can freely criticize gang roleplay? Shit's fucked. 

More "legal roleplayers" should be taking a page out of the LSSD's book. In fact I'd go further and say it's a shame that the standards held in legal factions don't mirror that of the LSSD. They're the highest quality faction in your whole scene and the only one where portrayal requirements are actually of a quality where the people involved can reasonably start criticizing people. 

Is this an LSSD alt account? Probably.

Can you tell us what European Cops there are, exactly, or are you talking out of your ass?

25 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Do you know why it does feel like Second Life? Cause it's modern settings, that alone warrants for some stale and boring encounters, cause it tries to emulate real life.

Or do people [...] busy street you see a group fighting every day and every night. 

Actually you may have touched on an interesting point. The game tries hard to emulate real life and prevent anything "too outlandish" from happening. A difficulty is that RP'ing is a form of storytelling, and most interesting stories start with something outlandish happening. Problem is, anything even a little unusual is usually deemed questionable or unrealistic, flat-out denied or discouraged, and you end up with the same stale stuff happening all the time. 😕 

The sad thing is, sometimes, something is deemed "unrealistic and bad standards" in spite of having happened IRL. Sometimes I wonder if having a bit more Florida men on the server couldn't be a nice thing, as long as they're interpreted by people here to create RP (and not by OOC trolls)?

Edited by Topinambour
2 minutes ago, averycoolguy said:

Is this an LSSD alt account? Probably.

Can you tell us what European Cops there are, exactly, or are you talking out of your ass?

Can't name names but I've even come across Swiss cops on this server in the LSPD. This isn't even faction bashing, there's just an issue here with portrayal that never gets brought up because when it does it gets deleted; yet people can endlessly shit on gang roleplay despite a lot of the portrayals there being of far higher quality than elsewhere. The LSSD should be the model for other factions in your scene, it's the best by a distance.

Edited by roleplayer234
1 minute ago, Topinambour said:

Actually you may have touched on an interesting point. The game tries hard to emulate real life and prevent anything "too outlandish" from happening. A difficulty is that RP'ing is a form of storytelling, and most interesting stories start with something outlandish happening. Problem is, anything even a little unusual is usually deemed questionable or unrealistic, flat-out denied or discouraged, and you end up with the same stale stuff happening all the time. 😕 

Problem is that being robbed Xth time this week, is not really interesting story.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Engelbert said:

Problem is that being robbed Xth time this week, is not really interesting story.

Yeah clearly it has to be outlandish /and/ a little interesting. Being asked to run your pockets by the 100.000th (M) of the week is just stale as hell. :x 

I was more thinking of businesses (for legal RP'ers), and even illegal groups. I remember some people, a few years ago, tried to create a cult but were told nope because the story of the cult was unrealistic. But like... It's a cult. The main point is that they will believe unrealistic shit. It's the entire point of a cult. 

This means it's exceedingly challenging to try anything that goes a little out of the box, and it's too bad :x 

Just now, Topinambour said:

Yeah clearly it has to be outlandish /and/ a little interesting. Being asked to run your pockets by the 100.000th (M) of the week is just stale as hell. :x 

I was more thinking of businesses (for legal RP'ers), and even illegal groups. I remember some people, a few years ago, tried to create a cult but were told nope because the story of the cult was unrealistic. But like... It's a cult. The main point is that they will believe unrealistic shit. It's the entire point of a cult. 

This means it's exceedingly challenging to try anything that goes a little out of the box, and it's too bad :x 

I have a trick to this. I treat robberies as OOC nuissance rather than IC development, cause lets be honest I cannot implement countless robberies and Los Santos vibe as whole into the story simply because my character would have left for some safer city.

24 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Robbery RP? 
Cult? 100%