What is your opinion on the state of the server currently?

Yoak

7 hours ago, pogoyo said:

What do you think RPing a rich character is? Driving a cool car and lounging? If you want to RP that niche, you should have the acumen to back it up. Make money through business, plenty of other people figured that out. RPing a rich character inherently includes RPing the process by which this person became rich, in a manner that affects not only your character but also other people's characters. IC influence, fame or "wealth" can't be contrived, and if it is, it cheapens the experience of other people who did it properly.

On that note, I actually think it's very easy to do, such that the server has great numbers of pink-haired turbo babes in a rotation of sports cars hopping from store to store. The irony is that they all think they are one of a kind! Having the actual capacity to build wealth is a very reasonable barrier to entry for RPing a character of wealth. 

No, that's OOC/RPG/MMO nonsense. If I want to roleplay a 50 year old brain surgeon I'm not going to grind money by owning some small time diner or trucking.

What do you mean 'acumen' ? I'm on this server to roleplay not to prove to you that I'm good at Railroad Tycoon. People shouldn't have to go through MMO dailies to get to what they want to roleplay.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
4 hours ago, Mahitto said:

The problem is that there's basically no point in investigating most crime, not just shootings. [...] time in which that one person has already committed 40 other crimes, and you MAYBE get to jail them for a week or so, after which they're back at it. Meanwhile, the city is burning.

I have to admit, it's something that could use some help on the LEO side. I'd be pretty happy with less focus on petty offences (like speed/traffic stuff) and more emphasis on major crimes. I've been caught in the middle of five incidents with assaults, shootings, ... involved and not once did an LEO character ask for a deposition. In spite of my dude having actually seen the perps lol. He told the cops "uhh you don't wanna know what happened and who did it?" they just replied maybe later and there you go, that's it. 

This is most likely because they /know/ they will never be able to ever catch any criminal, unless they're caught red-handed. If for some reason there is a shooting and the police arrives too late, it feels like they flat-out give up on trying to find anyone involved  :x 

Now I may be wrong, I kind of hope I am tbh ^^' But like I said, every single time I've seen some major crimes happen, the cops weren't even trying to investigate. And I can't even blame them: they don't have that many useful tools to investigate that stuff... 

An issue is that it also has repercussions on the quality of the illegal scene. You don't *NEED* to be smart, to be an efficient criminal. You don't need to solve your business in more secluded areas, you don't need to hire professional cleaners after a murder, you don't need to lure enemies into a trap, far from anywhere. You just need to get on a roof somewhere in town with an unmarked gun, shoot whoever wherever, leave quickly enough, and you'll be fine 😕 

#GiveDetectivesMoreTools and stuff like that 😛 

Edited by Topinambour

Too many babies, too much mixing OOC with IC, too many people letting their IRL emotions dictate their character's story. 

Some LEOs, not all - still RPing weird stories (i.e being British?)

Illegal RPers still feel like the back burner, guns/drugs still feel (at-least to me, personal opinion here) like maybe you need to know someone OOC(?) to get bigger quantities, or guns in general.  Why do you have to dick suck some IC European to get a firearm, why should your character with no prior drug experience have to buy drugs if they only want a gun? Why aren't gangs on a norm accepted to sell guns? I got news for people who might be foreign, but urbanized neighborhoods whom are predominantly black in America - don't buy their guns from some middle aged white guy in a nearby suburb who has an accent nor someone who is tied to some outfit. They either steal them or buy them legally to do crime because they're dumb criminals (which dumb criminals aren't RP'd enough here) or they buy them in the hood. 

Why is that important? Because illegal RP is a OOC gamble, you almost, almost need a OOC friend to make your experience enjoyable or else illegal RP is literally boring as hell. 

Also for the people who are illegal and have guns, please stop chasing a victim down to a suburban or semi-populated neighborhood and killing them in the public eye. It has happened in real life, sure - but it's a rarity and it should be a rarity here too. 

Anyways, overall - the server in general is getting stale. It's kinda boring no matter what you RP. There is not much shit to do, the server seems to be LEO people by day, clubbers at night or a super criminal. I get it, there are some in between "illegal" rpers who know how to RP a civilian while committing crime, which most should be doing. Just because you're a "gang member" or live in a poverty struct neighborhood doesn't mean your character's life is entirely that. You still do normal things like go to the store, the mall, live a civilian life style too. But on the other coin, it's weird seeing cops that wanna be End of Watch lol be a super cop for 4-5 hours then go to a coke infested ratchet night club to ERP?

ERP is the cancerous tumor here. Shit feels like modern Second Life. 

• Applaud 1
31 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Too many babies, too much mixing OOC with IC, too many people letting their IRL emotions dictate their character's story. 

Some LEOs, not all - still RPing weird stories (i.e being British?)

Illegal RPers still feel like the back burner, guns/drugs still feel (at-least to me, personal opinion here) like maybe you need to know someone OOC(?) to get bigger quantities, or guns in general.  Why do you have to dick suck some IC European to get a firearm, why should your character with no prior drug experience have to buy drugs if they only want a gun? Why aren't gangs on a norm accepted to sell guns? I got news for people who might be foreign, but urbanized neighborhoods whom are predominantly black in America - don't buy their guns from some middle aged white guy in a nearby suburb who has an accent nor someone who is tied to some outfit. They either steal them or buy them legally to do crime because they're dumb criminals (which dumb criminals aren't RP'd enough here) or they buy them in the hood. 

Why is that important? Because illegal RP is a OOC gamble, you almost, almost need a OOC friend to make your experience enjoyable or else illegal RP is literally boring as hell. 

Also for the people who are illegal and have guns, please stop chasing a victim down to a suburban or semi-populated neighborhood and killing them in the public eye. It has happened in real life, sure - but it's a rarity and it should be a rarity here too. 

Anyways, overall - the server in general is getting stale. It's kinda boring no matter what you RP. There is not much shit to do, the server seems to be LEO people by day, clubbers at night or a super criminal. I get it, there are some in between "illegal" rpers who know how to RP a civilian while committing crime, which most should be doing. Just because you're a "gang member" or live in a poverty struct neighborhood doesn't mean your character's life is entirely that. You still do normal things like go to the store, the mall, live a civilian life style too. But on the other coin, it's weird seeing cops that wanna be End of Watch lol be a super cop for 4-5 hours then go to a coke infested ratchet night club to ERP?

ERP is the cancerous tumor here. Shit feels like modern Second Life. 

Do you know why it does feel like Second Life? Cause it's modern settings, that alone warrants for some stale and boring encounters, cause it tries to emulate real life.

Or do people think that criminals wake up, grab a gun, mask and go scrapping, robbing beefing all day/night long, then go to sleep? God no, but people want action so they focused on that, instead of actual roleplay. That's what the issue on server actually is. People being selective about what they want and what they don't like.

Which is why there always need to be rpg scripts in the play, cause if you left everything on roleplay, nobody would even refuel their cars or clean them up.

People complain that scripts rob them of their roleplay. No they themselves deprive them of the roleplay. Scripts are there to enhance the roleplay, to give them something they MUST do. Because it's roleplay, not a lobby shooter. People create their avatars, not actual characters. They create what they wanna play because shit happens.

I wanna be a hothead who terrorizes his surroundings, cause I am always on drugs. Yes people can play, that, but even such person has their life, need to eat, sleep, socialize? Need to by drugs and all that. It isn't scrap or beef 24/7. Yet you always see people doing that here. Right in the middle of a busy street you see a group fighting every day and every night. 

Good except

a) people dont understand this is a multi-cultural server with people from across the world

b) the blatant OOC toxicity and snakery that happens in illegal and legal factions

c) the amount of robber barbarians going around "looking" for people to rob.

d) lack of care in other kinds of rp that isnt bars, clubs, food places, factions but this is probably due to c) cuz people dont wanna go outside they gonna get robbed.

41 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

My guy the last thing this server and its poor, morbidly obese crime rate needs is for guns to be even more accessible to illegal RPers.

46 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

The last, last, last thing we need is more guns and more dumb criminals.

I think what we're missing is that low-effort RP isn't here by default but rather is a learned behavior amongst players. It's a slow process that has, at some point been made using loopholes in both rules and script.

What do I mean?

Not a single person playing on GTA World has given out a failed entry questionnaire to the server. And if they did, they rectified and sent it again and were permitted access to RP here. That implies they know what to expect from this server and how to properly behave on it. So, why the poor RP?

Let's take the short straw, illegal RP. A new player who has prior experience with RP makes their first character and that character has a good background and impeccable RP yet their path leads them to do illegal RP, they're going to meet people who either have good RP standards, or poor RP standards, so far so good, right?

Now, let's simplify everything a LOT and make these two separate illegal factions: The one with good RP standards and the one with poor RP standards, who is the most successful out of the two?

Obviously, the faction with the best RP standards are going to be better at RPing and making things believable and down-to-earth. On the other hand, you have the one with the poor RP standards, and these ones are going to stand out as not only being a "plague" to RP itself, but also a very efficient, present and notorious faction. They're going to be the ones who you hear about the most because they're doing the most. It's only logical.

The poor RP faction is going to be the one with: The most scripted items, the most players (And I'll explain why*), the most everything because they simply, script-ly, out-do the faction with the good RP standards. The one with good RP standards are going to lay low, they probably won't have as many weapons and manpower and if they do they'll still be laying low with them.

But the Poor RP standards faction does not care about any of that. They have throaways, they have PKs to get themselves out of situations, they have double if not triple of what the good standards RP faction has because they're that much more efficient, and, why do they have the most players? Because they're the ones who are the most visible, and new illegal characters are more likely to meet with them than with the good standards RP faction, therefore increasing their notoriety. Not only that but the poor standards RP faction are going to CK good RP standards faction because, again, they talk then shoot, which is the complete opposite of the poor RP standards faction. As soon as they get the chance, shots are being fired. 

Our new player with the good quality RP is going to immediately be met with the poor RP, and he'll think that these are server standards, therefore he'll most probably join them and lower his RP standards for the benefit of scripted items and notoriety.

Now try and imagine that not with two separate factions, but rather dozens if not hundreds of separate, official or unofficial factions, hell, try to imagine that with individual players, and try not to pull your hair out trying to come up with a solution in fixing the problem without hindering everyone's experience.

Edited by Mistery14
  • Upvote 3