What is your opinion on the state of the server currently?

Yoak

1 minute ago, 4deep.lurkin said:

which is exactly what I said? there's over a dozen pages of mod suggestions but that's all they are right now. suggestions. people use client sided mods so they can dress at least partially modern. clothing mods are the least of this server's concerns.

Well yeah, mainly cause every mod just puts more pressure on the server and also on player's rig. Which is why they are picky about mods.

8 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Well yeah, mainly cause every mod just puts more pressure on the server and also on player's rig. Which is why they are picky about mods.

its really not that bad. models are rarely over 4 MB each while textures go from 500 KB to about 3 MB, depending on the size and compression. it's not as dire as people make it out to be. a shirt with its textures is 20mb while HQ police cars can hit 50-100 MB. it's really not that big of a deal to refresh the clothing selection.

Edited by 4deep.lurkin
34 minutes ago, 4deep.lurkin said:

which is exactly what I said? there's over a dozen pages of mod suggestions but that's all they are right now. suggestions. people use client sided mods so they can dress at least partially modern. clothing mods are the least of this server's concerns.

You’re only dressing modern for yourself. It’s not modern to any one else that doesn’t have the same mods loaded, it’s simply ridiculous. The fact that people try to lawyer themselves out of being arrested because we can’t describe your attire to police is a problem. No matter which way you look at it, it affects other people and acting like it doesn’t is just selfish 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Cypher99
2 hours ago, 4deep.lurkin said:

its clothes. grow up. there's a dozen pages of people sending in mods to be added to the server for people to wear. if what somebody's wearing is enough to rile you up, I want a life as comfortable as the one you're living.

We are on a roleplay server that is based on immersion. Seeing someone run up to me dressed like a clown is immersion breaking, and I know many players are unhappy about it. The server can only handle so many mods as is, so these dozens of pages of mods that players send have no bearing. Regardless the picture of modded clothing is only half of my point, which was on overall immersion and realism.

To have such a personal response is disingenuous and as thoughtful as saying "Cry about it". 

2 hours ago, roleplayer234 said:

PF warriors bringing up RP quality is too much for me, these people will roleplay 21 year old models or college kids that shoot 14 year olds without remorse, spam the forums with thinly veiled OOC racism in relation to said characters and then proclaim to be roleplay gods. The lack of self awareness is just stunning. Bunch of motherfuckers with main character syndrome roleplaying Cyberpunk characters in Los Angeles. It's always the fucking characters with names like ISOBELLA_THORNWOOD or some other 2edgy4you name riding a fucking chopper and running around slinging iron like fucking John Wayne. 

Maybe if it wasn't for high robbery rate anywhere in the city. PF warriors wouldn't be as common as they are. 

11 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Some things just aren't user friendly. Like telling you that you need an Admin to void a car crash when you sometimes wait 10 minutes or more for an admin to show up.

Or having to grind $$$ to play a rich character. Why? It's a Rp server. Why would I have to grind Trucking like we're playing some MMO RPG?

Property prices are also crazy. Mirror Park houses going for millions of dollars when it's the most burglary-prone neighborhood in the city and most people start with 200,000 $.

What do you think RPing a rich character is? Driving a cool car and lounging? If you want to RP that niche, you should have the acumen to back it up. Make money through business, plenty of other people figured that out. RPing a rich character inherently includes RPing the process by which this person became rich, in a manner that affects not only your character but also other people's characters. IC influence, fame or "wealth" can't be contrived, and if it is, it cheapens the experience of other people who did it properly.

On that note, I actually think it's very easy to do, such that the server has great numbers of pink-haired turbo babes in a rotation of sports cars hopping from store to store. The irony is that they all think they are one of a kind! Having the actual capacity to build wealth is a very reasonable barrier to entry for RPing a character of wealth. 

3 hours ago, roleplayer234 said:

shoot 14 year olds without remorse

The reason why players do this, is because these are not 14 year olds. They are normal characters that have an age attribute as 14, and have an (M) next to their name. Point me to a single minor character, that had been shot at, that actually roleplays as a minor character properly. These players would not change a single thing about their roleplay if their character was 18 or 19 instead of 14. Edit: There's going to be a few I'm sure. But these aren't your roving (M) gang roleplayers.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Procaine said:

Law Enforcement can't keep up with the amount of shootings that occur. Homicides happen so often that I'd say 99% of them have no investigative element. Regardless of race, at least 60% of homicides in the United States are solved. (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/track-solved-murder-rates-united-states-n1271928)

The gang on gang violence, I understand, but it's turning into a DM server slowly, but surely. Law Enforcement puts HOURS of time into investigations, form work, etc. The escalation of these shootings is far too quick and spontaneous since everyone wants to be a badass. On top of that, I feel as if illegal RPers know that law enforcement will not even make an attempt to identify, nor do they have the means, therefore nobody roleplays hiding.

The problem is that there's basically no point in investigating most crime, not just shootings. There's basically 0 CCTV footage, 0 witnesses, and almost 0 evidence. There are 0 leads. By the time a shooting or robbery happens and police respond, the suspect is already in their home on the other side of the map, after bandaging themselves, having picked up all of the casings and cleaned the blood. And even if it's left there, it won't really do anything. The weapons are either gone with the suspects or if the suspects died, have been looted by at least 5 people in the last 3 minutes. They're long gone. It's extremely hard to investigate any crime and even if you manage to, you spend dozens of hours writing stuff, reading stuff, doing stakeouts, interviews etc., time in which that one person has already committed 40 other crimes, and you MAYBE get to jail them for a week or so, after which they're back at it. Meanwhile, the city is burning.

10 hours ago, 4deep.lurkin said:

its clothes. grow up. there's a dozen pages of people sending in mods to be added to the server for people to wear. if what somebody's wearing is enough to rile you up, I want a life as comfortable as the one you're living.

The problem is that it's actually not clothes. It's people using mods that break the immersion for everyone else. I'm sure you wouldn't react the same if you've had a completely invisible floating had come up to you to rob you. We're a heavy-roleplay server, c'mon. Just because your mod wasn't added doesn't mean that you can do that - if you want to use it on your end only, make it so that the corresponding outfit looks somewhat realistic.

• Upvote 1