What is your opinion on the state of the server currently?

Yoak

1 hour ago, kartoffel said:

i get that seeing a character with a checkered shirt and clipping torso can be annoying as well but people seriously have the audacity to use their ooc right to take this shit ic'ly and roast my character cause of how he looks on their screen when they know that my character just looks like this cause of mods. in a server where i have to rp someone being a 6'3" muscular badass or some girl to be the baddest hourglass shaped female just cause they put it into their /attributes  i dont see the issue to just let someone be who decides to use clothing mods, instead i'm being clowned. it's hard to respond to that shit icly too cause i just have to accept people roasting me icly for the things they see cause i'm using mods after all. i also dont see how that shit helps them to immerse themselves into a situation even more when straight up taking some goofy outfit icly. its sort of the same as if i'd be walking around roleplaying everyone has the same tattoos, same height and same the same weight instead of roleplaying how their character is described in /attributes. it's just retarded.

Kind of have to agree here. It's unfair. We suspend our disbelief to see 'hourglass' or 'bulky SD deputy with tightly fit uniform' or 'actually not a 6'0 tall female', so it shouldn't be too difficult to imagine a checkered shirt is probably a different jersey. Admittedly however it is hilarious, especially from a cop perspective, to be chasing people who resemble amputees in checkered shirts like it's a new species of human going around. So for these reasons, and others, it gets memed and the roleplay quality of these interactions tanks on two sides overall. The problem here is that it is hard for people discern color or representation of these items when the examine range is so short, or provide a distinctive and proper report on someone who looks like that. While you seem to have an understanding of the dilemma, there are maybe two dozen more who won't play ball here, or who will exploit this. It's unfortunate.

Hopefully your roleplay will attract a better kind of roleplay to you, but I would honestly suggest making a thread to see some of these mods make it server-side so our options from hair to clothing are more diverse and inclusive. I do not see the modding team disagreeing with those additions considering we have about 83 dresses that barely cover the ass and chest and hairstyles that are more fitting for a Teletubby than human being. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, shrike. said:

Kind of have to agree here. It's unfair. We suspend our disbelief to see 'hourglass' or 'bulky SD deputy with tightly fit uniform' or 'actually not a 6'0 tall female', so it shouldn't be too difficult to imagine a checkered shirt is probably a different jersey. Admittedly however it is hilarious, especially from a cop perspective, to be chasing people who resemble amputees in checkered shirts like it's a new species of human going around. So for these reasons, and others, it gets memed and the roleplay quality of these interactions tanks on two sides overall. The problem here is that it is hard for people discern color or representation of these items when the examine range is so short, or provide a distinctive and proper report on someone who looks like that. While you seem to have an understanding of the dilemma, there are maybe two dozen more who won't play ball here, or who will exploit this. It's unfortunate.

Hopefully your roleplay will attract a better kind of roleplay to you, but I would honestly suggest making a thread to see some of these mods make it server-side so our options from hair to clothing are more diverse and inclusive. I do not see the modding team disagreeing with those additions considering we have about 83 dresses that barely cover the ass and chest and hairstyles that are more fitting for a Teletubby than human being. 

exactly, also it's not like only illegal roleplayers would benefit from these additions. i think i'm speaking for everyone here if i'm saying we need more time appropriate clothes. the mods are already there but i guess it's sort of a "copyright" issue? this current situation is just shit for everyone involved, people either want to dress their character a certain way cause they don't fw the vanilla options or people are simply forced to install these mods cause of the faction they rp in. for cops or everyone else it's annoying though but i'm damn sure they'd like to see some additions made whether its clothes, tattoos, hairstyles, hairtats, eyebrows or whatever.

9 minutes ago, shrike. said:

There are already many threads about adding new clothes, hairstyles and tattoos. No luck so far. Instead we have 11 different types of Hawaiian Snow clothes.

I believe that, from a legal roleplayer's standpoint that the server really lacks things to do. It's been 2-3 years since there's been something like a social hub for players to hang out.

You'll have some businesses stand out from others for sure, but it's nothing like it was before where you had candy shops, icecream places, airsoft and other things open up on a daily basis.. when I look at the open businesses, 50% are bars, 40% are nightclubs, and 10% are actually unique businesses.

Edited by Pandaa
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
2 minutes ago, sCrax said:

There are already many threads about adding new clothes, hairstyles and tattoos. No luck so far. Instead we have 11 different types of Hawaiian Snow clothes

Which are largely just retextures of existing mesh models. If some of those mods being suggested are not server-friendly because of their poly-count or because of real life branding, I can see them being problematic. But if they're fitting into the general checkboxes for mod approval, i.e. file size, game-friendly, I don't see why they can't pass muster for the server. I'll peruse those threads today and see what's up, but broadly speaking here, the more people that fuss for something that's fair and necessary for their group to thrive, the more traction it gets, the more likely it is we're going to see it implemented.

One thing that kind of bothers me in this thread though, is that weird perception that "legal = automatically mall rat and ERP". Like...

I can only speak from my own experience on GTAW of course. But most chars involved in sexy RP, that I've come across, were illegals ^^' And interestingly, the legal characters I've come across who were RP'ing relationships only RP'd the relationship, not the associated sex stuff, so at some point... 

That said, someone said that activities as a legal character are limited - and this here might be a reason why. Developing relationships (inc. romantic ones) is something you can do with no script support. So, at some point, if you're a legal char and you're bored, this can be a way to occupy your time, I imagine. 

I personally don't do any of that because my own guy's involved in legal AND illegal shit, so it's just impossible to find any spare time for relationship RP and all its associated drama lol. But for someone who'd only be involved in legal stuff, I can easily understand why it could become a bit stale and why they'd veer towards that kind of stuff.

14 minutes ago, Pandaa said:

I believe that, from a legal roleplayer's standpoint that the server really lacks things to do. It's been 2-3 years since there's been something like a social hub for players to hang out.

You'll have some businesses stand out from others for sure, but it's nothing like it was before where you had candy shops, icecream places, airsoft and other things open up on a daily basis.. when I look at the open businesses, 50% are bars, 40% are nightclubs, and 10% are actually unique businesses.

This.

8 hours ago, Cypher99 said:

I'd enjoy it if teenagers were held more accountable for.... anything.

Girl everybody should LOL but you see them get ajailed or banned more than you do a cop. My friend legit reported 1 for DM and was told by an admin 'everyone makes mistakes.' Okay but if I did that my word doesn't matter.